Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11i05q9.png

That looks awful.

The unpainted head looks different and looks better to me.

For some reason the paint really brings out the...alien forehead/hair.

The forehead is huge, but I also think the eyes and face around the eyes is terrible, too. The face shape in general is weird, IMO.

Hot Toys looks too handsome, which is saying something, cuz Redmayne is a handsome dude, and Star Ace's looks a little more like a caricature. The exposed teeth don't help it.

My money is that SA has the distribution rights for majority of the global market. That's why HT is only retailing in Japan.

But - this is a total business play. HT will present this to WB licencing in comparison to validate their product as superior and try to outbid the SA license. I would be almost certain that's the case. Because there's plenty of Depp licenses to go around, HT didn't need to do Grindelwald. This has more behind it, it just helps that Depp is part of it. So I don't think this argument that HT just rides Depp's coattails is necessarily the whole picture.

I wonder who did the Newt sculpt for HT, since we know KA Kim did SA's. I wonder if SA made her sign that she couldn't produce the same character for another company.

All things considered I still prefer the teal jacket. But that's just a preference. If HT wanted to drive it home they'd have done a bonus set with brown pants and the teal coat.

I don't think KA Kim did the SA sculpt. I think it was the sculptor who did the POA Harry. I remember running across an instagram post of her, when I was regularly looking at the #starace hashtag on Instagram for new stuff.

She didn't do it but supervised it. I remember pics of someone working on it. I need to know what the story is though with availability on these.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. What I meant by that is that we'll likely know something by then.

But all the focus on Japan, when Hot Toys is a Chinese company sure does make it seem like they'll be Japan exclusives, which is a bummer because if that's the case they'll be very hard to get and most likely one offs.

Back