Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that these 2 will be all HT makes unless they sell really well. And they likely were obligated to release Newt to justify another Depp. Other than McGonagall the Star Ace line is pretty complete.

The HT photos are of the film characters not figures - so they are probably a long time coming. And like any good Hot Toys/Johnny Depp license - they'll reveal 2 figures but only release Depp.

And while the figures may be a long time coming, they’ll at least turn out good, HT as a brand at least had proven that.

They've revealed the cosababies. Pre-orders for the figures are likely coming soon with the movie only 3 weeks away.

Star Ace stuff has definitely declined in the last couple of releases but they were the only name in the game. Hopefully HT even if they do 2 only (I don't see Grindelwald being a standalone - they'll definitely do one other knowing HT might be Dumbledore to work on the Jude Law sculpt that will eventually come for Captain Marvel and leave fans scratching their heads at no Newt) it might kick start a bit of competition and get a better product out of SA.

A Jude Law Captain Marvel feels like a T'Chaka styled TF Exclusive to me but you might be right.

We might get Dumbledore but I can only see HT making Captain Marvel and maybe Nick Fury.

I wouldn't mind a young Dumbledore figure. Just hope we get a couple of characters and not just one (Depp), I know how much you like your Johnny Depp figures Hot Toys, but we do need the other characters too! :lecture

Given that Grindelwald is the villain, I don't see HT making him and nothing else even if it is Depp. If Depp played a hero then sure but they'll make a counterpart to help off-balance. The question is whether it'll be Dumbledore or Newt. I don't see them making more than two unless this thing takes off in China.

Given that Grindelwald is the villain, I don't see HT making him and nothing else even if it is Depp. If Depp played a hero then sure but they'll make a counterpart to help off-balance. The question is whether it'll be Dumbledore or Newt. I don't see them making more than two unless this thing takes off in China.

The First Fantastic Beasts grossed much more money internationally than it did in the US. Korea and China were a decent chunk of that.

When I was over in China, HP was pretty popular. Saw a ton of merch. This was right around the time the second to last movie was coming out.

Anyone else seen this, saw it on one of the UK retailers sites. Looks like Star Ace are releasing a Newt 2.0 of sorts...

View attachment 431923

Looks to be the same figure as before only with a grey coat as a bonus accessory - limited to 300 pieces apparently.

Yep! Guess it's a quick, easy release for them, but same here - I'll be passing too. More interested to see what Hot Toys put out.

Yep! Guess it's a quick, easy release for them, but same here - I'll be passing too. More interested to see what Hot Toys put out.

My guess is, just Newt and Grindelwald. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

I'd commission some custom sculpts for other FB characters if the outfits wouldn't be so expensive to also create. Can't cobble those together from already released items - that'd be full-on custom as well. Boo.

1/8 Nightmare Fuel Dobby:

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 9.09.26 AM.jpg

Back