Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno even the Lupin looks pretty off in the background painted photo. It isn't their worst but it is certainly not their best.

Yeah I agree with that. One of those characters im going to have to get though regardless so they really need to come through for me

Snape looks horrible, as does Pettigrew. Pumped about that Draco though. Sculpt looks good, now just have to see how bad they butcher the paint.
Screenshot_20191003-150832_Facebook.jpg

Do that Snape have a new headsculp? I tought they were using the same with rooted hair. Well, I will not be changing out mine.
Wish they had rooted hair on Pettigrew as manny have sugested.
Draco looks fine and also Lupin I think.
I wil not be getting the new Hadrid, one is enogh fore me.

The painted Lupin behind the sculpts actually looks pretty decent, as does the transforming head. Draco has a lot of potential too I hope the paint isn't butchered but we all know this is Star Ace so they will mess it up somehow.

Hagrid looks so off to me, does he look weird to anyone else? I feel the same way about Snape - there is something really off about that one. They had the previous sculpted head on display too so maybe they are rereleasing that head as well?

Wormtail looks horrible still...that thing needs to be thrown in the trash where it belongs.

Why are you guys posting images of garbage in the Star Ace Harry Po... Oh. Oh yeah. Star Ace.

I do die a little inside with every update.

Draco looks like he is swimming in his suit. My wallet is happy Star Ace went this way, but it really is a shame. It seems like they just dont want to invest in good sculptors anymore. Even these new heads look like generic 3d sculpts.

I do die a little inside with every update.

Draco looks like he is swimming in his suit. My wallet is happy Star Ace went this way, but it really is a shame. It seems like they just dont want to invest in good sculptors anymore. Even these new heads look like generic 3d sculpts.

I think they are 3D sculpts. They posted some images of Supergirl a while back where they showed the head sculpt being designed in a computer.

hagrid looks good i missed the first one and im very tempted.
Lupin looks promising

Snape is way off as is wormtail.

1/6 dementor is a bit meh !

Have they given up?

I just noticed in the promo photos that they couldn't even be bothered to give Wormtail his missing finger.

Star ace would really benefit from a trip to WB studio tour in london you get to see all the costumes and details up close.
The dementor for example is way off when you see the props used for the film.

Haha Hagrid looks pretty good to me, I may like the original head more, it is hard to tell. The hair on it is really good on the new one.

The thing I do not get about Star Ace is that they always make their figures with neck joints. Many characters like Snape and Worm Tail do not need that and it would help with the look of the sculpt. Worm tail would have benefitted from a sculpted neck for sure.

^ ^ :lol @ the good, the bad and the fugly!! In fairness, I agree Hagrid does look OK but Snape looks absolutely terrible in that picture and as for Wormtail...the less said about that figure the better.

Much like the 1:8 scale version, this thing looks like trash. That rating is far too generous. Light up eyes?? Cut joints? Horrible head sculpt? The price on this monstrosity is so hilarious.

I bought the 1:8 scale dementor because I had a coupon on Mercari and the seller gave me a great deal on it. I ended up only spending $20 with shipping on it and even then I thought that it was too much. It felt like a crap dollar store toy with some cut joints, a cheap base, flimsy cape and a really goofy looking inaccurate headsculpt.

I've noticed that WB has been far more relaxed on approving Harry Potter & WW merchandise this year and part of the last which has me wondering if they finally are opening up the licensing floodgates and being far more lenient on the product approval process.

Back