Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I PO'd a Nendoroid from a seller with perfect ratings from Japan there over two years ago and still don't have it after (initially understandable) delays and an apparent suspension of international Japan Air service, according to the seller despite having had multiple other non-PO items fulfilled from independent Japanese sellers.

Never PO from eBay even 5 years after the fact!
Yeah...tough lessons and losing money. I had money and preordered things from Dorkside, and a week before, I randomly found out they were going under and tried to get a refund to no avail.

WHat pissed me off is some top toy websites removed my post warning others about it. It was on topic and tied into the forum, but I guess choosing the grift was more important than letting the consumers and fellow forum members about ordering and refunding.

It irks me that the major influencers said NOTHING after having partnership with them. It's your duty to warn people and let them have a chance at refunds. I viewed this as them preparing for future grifts. Another lesson learned by me.

That Star Ace Rubeus Hagrid haunts me all these years later. Almost every time I order or rather po from ebay sellers, I did not get my stuff and it's some of the biggest and most reputable ebay chinese sellers out there.

Always hoping MAttel does a Santa Version so I can finally get Santa Hagrid at a decent price. I think I preordered around 10 items from Ebay and only got only TWO! 20% success ain't bad???

Last edited:
The TV show rumour has been around a while.

I don’t think HP can never be remade, it will be eventually one day, and maybe very well, but the original films are my HP and i don’t need them remade for me personally. It’s like re-making LOTR…..it wouldn’t be for me, i already have an excellent trilogy.

That’s a pretty good deal I think. It’s a nice figure overall and definitely one of the better ones before Star Ace really went downhill in their overall production quality. It’s interesting to me that this reissue doesn’t seem to suffer from the same paint, casting and tailoring quality that other more recent Star Ace figures suffer from. One would think this figure is being produced in the same factory as their other releases like McGonagall, Cedric, Lupin etc.

That’s a pretty good deal I think. It’s a nice figure overall and definitely one of the better ones before Star Ace really went downhill in their overall production quality. It’s interesting to me that this reissue doesn’t seem to suffer from the same paint, casting and tailoring quality that other more recent Star Ace figures suffer from. One would think this figure is being produced in the same factory as their other releases like McGonagall, Cedric, Lupin etc.
Yeah, I was a little worried about it being the reissue before I got it. I got it for 30% off and used some rewards they were giving out for all the holiday stuff. It turned out better than I thought it would, so not too bad overall. It's a nice cheap representation until InArt releases one. I enjoy it.

Can’t wait to when InArt start showing off this line. They said they want to do ‘something special’ with HP so, if it’s more special that what they’ve already been doing then we’re in for a treat.

I die a little inside every time I see the words ‘Sorcerer’s Stone’ so that will likely be the only aspect of InArt’s offerings I won’t be completely onboard with.

At least it wont be the simplified Chinese translation of the book title which is Harry Potter & The Magic Stone…

Can’t wait to when InArt start showing off this line. They said they want to do ‘something special’ with HP so, if it’s more special that what they’ve already been doing then we’re in for a treat.

I die a little inside every time I see the words ‘Sorcerer’s Stone’ so that will likely be the only aspect of InArt’s offerings I won’t be completely onboard with.

At least it wont be the simplified Chinese translation of the book title which is Harry Potter & The Magic Stone…
Yep, every time John has brought up Harry Potter he has said they will do something special. It sounded like last time he mentioned it, he said something about a sub-line. That makes me think they could possibly go deep into it and do their own releases apart from InArt.

Yep, every time John has brought up Harry Potter he has said they will do something special. It sounded like last time he mentioned it, he said something about a sub-line. That makes me think they could possibly go deep into it and do their own releases apart from InArt.
That’s what I got from it too. Maybe I’m just hoping for too much but that’s the only license so far that they mention they want to do something special for. I’m hoping for some premium older versions of the trio as well as at least Snape and Gambon Dumbledore. Not sure I’d but in for premium kid versions

I wonder if they’re the ones who picked up the global license after Star Ace? B/c there would be no reason for Star Ace to lose the global license if InArt only got a regional China license in the way that InArt has the regional LOTR license but Asmus has a global license.

That’s what I got from it too. Maybe I’m just hoping for too much but that’s the only license so far that they mention they want to do something special for. I’m hoping for some premium older versions of the trio as well as at least Snape and Gambon Dumbledore. Not sure I’d but in for premium kid versions

I wonder if they’re the ones who picked up the global license after Star Ace? B/c there would be no reason for Star Ace to lose the global license if InArt only got a regional China license in the way that InArt has the regional LOTR license but Asmus has a global license.
If they are going to start that sub-line, that would probably be key to them getting that going. I bet you're right that they picked up that global license.

Just in case you missed it...
428601-326425360-510818244451103-6300183172546196993-n.jpg

Two questions, if I may, please?

1. Who’s the John you speak of? Inart owner? And where can I read/watch/listen to his comments?

2. What exactly do they mean by sub-line? I’ve seen that mentioned a few times now. Like create a different company just for HP?

I’ve only been following Inart Joker, so not caught up on the company fully.

79270x.jpg

Different scale, I assume the McFarlane line is long defunct.
Though I'm fine having the main trio, I still want a Hagrid to display with them.
Is there a Hagrid from maybe another line, that might be closest to this scale?
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
Two questions, if I may, please?

1. Who’s the John you speak of? Inart owner? And where can I read/watch/listen to his comments?

2. What exactly do they mean by sub-line? I’ve seen that mentioned a few times now. Like create a different company just for HP?

I’ve only been following Inart Joker, so not caught up on the company fully.
John is the English translator and does the licensing negotiations and deals for Queen Studios/InArt. He has been doing some rounds here and there with some YouTubers over the last year since Joker was announced. Here is one of his most recent interviews:

He's mentioned the sub-line context a couple times, but there could have been some miscommunication as everything doesn't always seem to be 100% translated. He has mentioned numerous times they want to do something special and different for the Harry Potter line.

John is the English translator and does the licensing negotiations and deals for Queen Studios/InArt. He has been doing some rounds here and there with some YouTubers over the last year since Joker was announced. Here is one of his most recent interviews:

He's mentioned the sub-line context a couple times, but there could have been some miscommunication as everything doesn't always seem to be 100% translated. He has mentioned numerous times they want to do something special and different for the Harry Potter line.

Thank you!

Special = Animatronic figures running on mini nuclear reactors is my guess.

Back