Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry Potter License was officially taken away from Star Ace so finger crossed it was given or will be given to a company that can do it justice. Something like Exo-6, Asmus, Blitzway, Damtoys or Hot Toys. Threezero is also a good option but I hate that they do not include a base with the figures.

Harry Potter License was officially taken away from Star Ace so finger crossed it was given or will be given to a company that can do it justice. Something like Exo-6, Asmus, Blitzway, Damtoys or Hot Toys. Threezero is also a good option but I hate that they do not include a base with the figures.
"Given to". It sounds, like HP license is a treasure, that companies would be fighting over. But according to some of them, it is far from. The license is very expensive, and the market is more suited for the cheaper segment products, like what Mattel does.
I think, Hot Toys will end up with the license, since they already did figures for "Fantastic beasts". What do you think?

"Given to". It sounds, like HP license is a treasure, that companies would be fighting over. But according to some of them, it is far from. The license is very expensive, and the market is more suited for the cheaper segment products, like what Mattel does.
I think, Hot Toys will end up with the license, since they already did figures for "Fantastic beasts". What do you think?
I too believe Harry Potter figures are not best suited for "expensive" 1/6 collectible figures but hopefully, some decent company will take it.

I am not sure about Hot Toys, I am afraid they would do only 1-2 figures, then realize they can't make as much money as they do for Marvel, Star Wars figures, and just kill the license (Happened to Matrix license). Hot Toys got too big and they are no longer interested to sell just a few hundred units per figure, they own the biggest licenses ever and now mainly focus on having the biggest profit possible. Hot Toys would rather release 100 new Stormtrooper variants before we would see ANY secondary Harry Potter character. There is even a high chance we would not even see Hermione or Ron figures.

We need a company that would treat Harry Potter as its own child and cares about its fans the most. A company that would release main but also secondary characters even if they don't make a huge profit from them. Just see how Exo-6 does an AWESOME job with a Star Trek license. Asmus is also a great example.

Last edited:
I too believe Harry Potter figures are not best suited for "expensive" 1/6 collectible figures but hopefully, some decent company will take it.

I am not sure about Hot Toys, I am afraid they would do only 1-2 figures, then realize they can't make as much money as they do for Marvel, Star Wars figures, and just kill the license (Happened to Matrix license). Hot Toys got too big and they are no longer interested to sell just a few hundred units per figure, they own the biggest licenses ever and now mainly focus on having the biggest profit possible. Hot Toys would rather release 100 new Stormtrooper variants before we would see ANY secondary Harry Potter character. There is even a high chance we would not even see Hermione or Ron figures.

We need a company that would treat Harry Potter as its own child and cares about its fans the most. A company that would release main but also secondary characters even if they don't make a huge profit from them. Just see how Exo-6 does an AWESOME job with a Star Trek license. Asmus is also a great example.
I agree with almost everything. And from that point of view, Star Ace had shown a considerable depth of thought in handling the line. Giving us characters, like Cedric and goblins. Something, that really represented the world, not just a basic cast.

Exo-6 is absolutely unique. Asmus with LOTR show a great devotion, too.

Hot Toys made Newt and Grindelwald from Fantastic Beasts. Not Dumbledore, not Theseus, not Tina, not Jacob. All of which would have been great companion pieces. Hot Toys never goes all in on a line anymore, so no, I don't think Hot Toys would be a good company for a line like Harry Potter where there are so many characters to get through.

Asmus or Damtoys would be the only choices. Asmus has done a very nice job with the LOTR line, and while they've had some major hiccups this year, they do a great job with just about everything and their sculpts have improved dramatically. Damtoys does a great job with everything they put out.

It would be nice if one of them pick up the license and do the characters justice, but I've also heard the license is not cheap at all and I can't imagine a company shelling out the money given the issues around the world economy right now.

We'll have to wait and see.

Actually, I wonder if we could hope for Dumbledore and Grindelwald from the upcoming movie, at all...

Yea, I would really like for folks to stop listing Hot Toys as a company to go to for this license. You need someone who will take the time, care and dedication to get it right and right now, HT is NOT that company. They are occupied with the house of Mouse.

There's a part of me that each of these companies would focus on one big license and then have the outliers sort of like what Asmus does. They focus heavily on LOTR, but then have a few other items here and there. HT has basically done with with Disney properties; however, they still like to hold onto anything they can like the DC license (and who knows what else) just so no one else can have them.

Compairing noses:LOL:
9vjQgri0QGE.jpg

Yea, I would really like for folks to stop listing Hot Toys as a company to go to for this license. You need someone who will take the time, care and dedication to get it right and right now, HT is NOT that company. They are occupied with the house of Mouse.

There's a part of me that each of these companies would focus on one big license and then have the outliers sort of like what Asmus does. They focus heavily on LOTR, but then have a few other items here and there. HT has basically done with with Disney properties; however, they still like to hold onto anything they can like the DC license (and who knows what else) just so no one else can have them.
I guess, we cannot provide a stable market for HP figures. Not even third parties try to do anything...

threeZero is the company I'd want to work on this license. The head sculpts they've been putting out recently have been great, and they've maintained an affordable price point under $200 for a while now.

threeZero is the company I'd want to work on this license. The head sculpts they've been putting out recently have been great, and they've maintained an affordable price point under $200 for a while now.
I agree. They would be the best

ThreeZero can barely keep up with the licenses they have already. They have a ton and only get a few characters from each out a year. I doubt they can get a crowded Harry Potter license in there too.

Back