Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With hat.

Attachments

• 451EC01A-1E14-4F02-89A1-B12111F9ADFE.jpeg
    451EC01A-1E14-4F02-89A1-B12111F9ADFE.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 9B754CE5-95FF-4913-93B0-3AE1FAE19AFC.jpeg
    9B754CE5-95FF-4913-93B0-3AE1FAE19AFC.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 15B75BBD-6CB8-424E-9ACA-ACBFEECA4CF4.jpeg
    15B75BBD-6CB8-424E-9ACA-ACBFEECA4CF4.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 91
  • BB1E0B0A-AC86-47EC-93C2-4AAB13F101F4.jpeg
    BB1E0B0A-AC86-47EC-93C2-4AAB13F101F4.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 89
The neck connection to the head looks hideous...sorry
Hmm... somewhere along the way I`d stopped caring about such things with figures. I rarely see them from the side when they are in a cabinet. And right now I simply appreciate the fact, that I can have factory made McGonagal action figure, at all. Now, when a probable HT license is looming and they will never make a character this secondary.

Or cannot have, because Delux is sold out at Sideshow...
Anyone ever ordered directly from Star Ace? Are they okay?

He looks great. The lack of articulation in the legs is still frustrating even if he’s behind the desk, though not a deal breaker if you just want the character represented. If Star Ace was planning to use the body for several releases, they should have made the investment in articulation, even if they had to charge another $10. It would be nice if he could lean over his desk.

That said, the desk and accessories definitely make the piece. The gold painted pieces are a bit dull though. And the lamps do not have the spider webs shown in the prototype photos.

A bit astounded at how undersized the desk is... In the first movie, I distinctly remember The Head Goblin peering DOWN at Harry... Here, a pic from Michael Crawford's review:
review_goblin_12.jpg

A bit astounded at how undersized the desk is... In the first movie, I distinctly remember The Head Goblin peering DOWN at Harry... Here, a pic from Michael Crawford's review:
View attachment 549901
Yeah it’s pretty much a bring-your-own raised platform situation. Star Ace only made the top part.

Attachments

• AD7B35BF-9206-4B82-8525-85F663F38E7F.jpeg
    AD7B35BF-9206-4B82-8525-85F663F38E7F.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 44
I see))) Thank you for pointing that out. So the set is salvageable, if one adds a platform...

I’m really torn here. Star Ace has delivered some high level poo of late, but they also created some truly excellent older characters several years ago.

From what I’ve seen of this McGonagall, it falls well short of some of the brilliant Dumbledores they did way back, but it’s far superior to many of their more recent efforts.

So….

Given that McGonagall is among the very top tier wanted HP figures from the very beginning, do I take a chance on this release, or hope that 1. Someone else get the license; 2. That they get it in fairly short order; 3. That the new company is of significantly higher quality in terms of sculpt accuracy so as to easily defeat Star Ace in this category; 4. Assuming items 1 - 3 are satisfied, will they also place McGonagall among the first figures they decide to offer.

Or do I just buy the Star Ace version, and then replace her, and likely EVERY OTHER Star Ace HP figure (other than maybe a couple of stand-outs) that I foolishly already sunk my funds into?

😩😩😩

I’m really torn here. Star Ace has delivered some high level poo of late, but they also created some truly excellent older characters several years ago.

From what I’ve seen of this McGonagall, it falls well short of some of the brilliant Dumbledores they did way back, but it’s far superior to many of their more recent efforts.

So….

Given that McGonagall is among the very top tier wanted HP figures from the very beginning, do I take a chance on this release, or hope that 1. Someone else get the license; 2. That they get it in fairly short order; 3. That the new company is of significantly higher quality in terms of sculpt accuracy so as to easily defeat Star Ace in this category; 4. Assuming items 1 - 3 are satisfied, will they also place McGonagall among the first figures they decide to offer.

Or do I just buy the Star Ace version, and then replace her, and likely EVERY OTHER Star Ace HP figure (other than maybe a couple of stand-outs) that I foolishly already sunk my funds into?

😩😩😩
Decisions, decisions...

I think the deciding factor is that Star Ace wants $238 for the standard version on their site. Those are latest wave Hot Toys prices for what has at least a 50/50 chance to disappoint. That’s hard to swallow.

I think the deciding factor is that Star Ace wants $238 for the standard version on their site. Those are latest wave Hot Toys prices for what has at least a 50/50 chance to disappoint. That’s hard to swallow.
I want Gambon Dumbledore. But I can`t find one. I guess, McGonagall will be just as rare and impossible to find.
From my point of view any McGonagall is better, than none at all. She is not GREAT, but not as horrible, as teen Hermione and Ron. At least, in the pics

But I can totally see your point about the price.

Back