Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's say hypothetically it is their final release. Maybe they were contracted to make X amount of releases with the license. They will have met that and are now jumping ship.

Fitting, as I just bought in on the first year trio, and had to do with the Halloween releases as such.

Let's say hypothetically it is their final release. Maybe they were contracted to make X amount of releases with the license. They will have met that and are now jumping ship.

Fitting, as I just bought in on the first year trio, and had to do with the Halloween releases as such.

It is possible, but if that is the case I cannot imagine another company taking on the license.

As bad as this line is, it?s Star Ace?s highest profile license so if they indeed lose it what else will they make?
All their other licenses generate very minimal buzz.

I'd rather there not be any figures than have Star Ace retain the license. As far as I'm concerned the good figures they released were only good on accident.

Interested in adding Nagini to my display along with Voldemort. Has anyone purchased the Noble collection version? Is it in scale with the Star Ace figures?

Interested in adding Nagini to my display along with Voldemort. Has anyone purchased the Noble collection version? Is it in scale with the Star Ace figures?

Yes I think it looks good with him.
Screenshot_20210314-214006_Instagram.jpg

Okay, so I finally got 2/3 first year figs. What in the **** went wrong with Star Ace?

I mean I'm impressed by most 1/6 figs, but Hermione literally made me say, "no ****ing way" out loud. I totally understand what the hype was about way back when; she's easily one of the best sculpts I've ever seen. Harry's not bad either by any means. I'm shook my dudes.

I really hope it's not the end of the line. Would love a Voldemort 2.0 (with Nagini) or reissue of the v1 as well as a Gambom Dumbledore. Having come into this line late, I missed out on those which are very difficult to find at good prices. Having customized the ones I do have, I really enjoy these figures aside from the adults having too small of hands.

Okay, so I finally got 2/3 first year figs. What in the **** went wrong with Star Ace?

I mean I'm impressed by most 1/6 figs, but Hermione literally made me say, "no ****ing way" out loud. I totally understand what the hype was about way back when; she's easily one of the best sculpts I've ever seen. Harry's not bad either by any means. I'm shook my dudes.

I think over time they got cheaper sculptors and quality took a dive. When they started with the kid figures, they had KA Kim on them and her work is incredible. They had some other great sculpts along the way, but as of the last couple of years they have been utterly horrid.

I think over time they got cheaper sculptors and quality took a dive. When they started with the kid figures, they had KA Kim on them and her work is incredible. They had some other great sculpts along the way, but as of the last couple of years they have been utterly horrid.

And yet their prices have gone up, which is what annoys me most. Create subpar figures all you want, but to charge HT level prices is a joke.

Finally managed to pick this up off an ebay seller after so long of searching for him. Definitely one of their best figures to date, and a super rare piece nowadays. So happy I got my hands on one :)

congrats! I myself have been looking for this as well but not going to pay the crazy prices he's going for which is why I'm hoping for some older teen versions from HBP or Deathly Hallows. I'd take anything after Goblet of Fire actually. Would be great if they got a deluxe treatment like HBP Draco.

Not sure why they're not coming out with the older versions. They're the ones I think most people are interested in. The Neca 12'' versions will do for now though, and to be completely honest, they'll probably be better than what Star Ace will put out.

Does anyone do a Harry Potter Star Ace collection on the 'Show your shelves' part of the forum? I was looking to see how their figures look together and can't really find any images. Or do poeple post on here?

Back