Official 1/6 Leia as Boushh Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the Tomy helmet just pop right in or do you need to mod it first? I have one in my eBay cart right now and am just waiting for verification.

I believe I just shortened the sideshow neck plug. It was still long enough to put the sideshow helmet back on. It was pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I just shortened the sideshow neck plug. It was still long enough to put the sideshow helmet back on. It was pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good, thanks. I just ordered the Tomy helmet and upgraded armor. Can’t wait to get everything together.

i modded mine a couple yrs ago with the hasbro harness and some paint. tomy looks great , but its inevtiable hot toys will make one. ill wait to see that :)

thumbnail_20180310_102056.jpgthumbnail_20180310_101946.jpg

I also find that the Hasbro pole is a more accurate size, and is apparently the same sculpt or very, very similar. The SSC one is too tall.

It would be great to see a HT version of Boussh - while the SSC is a decent figure overall, there's a lot about it that is off. The pants are way off (the SSC ones remind me of clown pants,) the chest armor is also pretty wrong and nobody ever seems to notice that the boots are very inaccurate if you compare them to the costume.

Even little OCD details stuff like the waist belt (with chunky pleather that seems to be 1/8" thick) has a buckle that they seem to have made only a half-hearted attempt to get right - its supposed to be a recessed elongated oval with a button in a rectangular buckle, not a raised circle in almost a square buckle. The bandolier is missing an ammo loop and the cartridges aren't long enough.

I'm guessing with Luke Jedi out there now this can't be far away from HT, but this is a fine enough figure until then though.

I also find that the Hasbro pole is a more accurate size, and is apparently the same sculpt or very, very similar. The SSC one is too tall.

It would be great to see a HT version of Boussh - while the SSC is a decent figure overall, there's a lot about it that is off. The pants are way off (the SSC ones remind me of clown pants,) the chest armor is also pretty wrong and nobody ever seems to notice that the boots are very inaccurate if you compare them to the costume.

Even little OCD details stuff like the waist belt (with chunky pleather that seems to be 1/8" thick) has a buckle that they seem to have made only a half-hearted attempt to get right - its supposed to be a recessed elongated oval with a button in a rectangular buckle, not a raised circle in almost a square buckle. The bandolier is missing an ammo loop and the cartridges aren't long enough.

I'm guessing with Luke Jedi out there now this can't be far away from HT, but this is a fine enough figure until then though.

Tali. I told you before apply for HOTTOYS so we have everything accurate and nothing to complain about. :monkey3

Tali. I told you before apply for HOTTOYS so we have everything accurate and nothing to complain about. :monkey3

Yeah right, they made their Interrogator Droid, Mouse Droid and most of Yoda's accessories half the size they are supposed to be by MISTAKE. They just need to be told they got it wrong and everything will be fixed.:lol

More like we tell them something is wrong and they make it wrong anyway. Very few things have they fixed. Usually proto gets tweaked a bit before the Preorder photos go up then something changes in production, it loses sharpness in the sculpt, and of course the paint apps are below the quality of both the proto and preorder pics.

Ok. Here are a few updated, albeit crappy, shots of my modded Boushh.
deddc221a814fd361ae19ff6d2a00831.jpg

Height comparison. With Gentle Giant bust helmet
b71af0f838d537c34a9be74700b1ac89.jpg

With Gentle Giant bust Leia head. Not great but in comparison to the SS it was smaller and I thought captured Lewis likeness better.
6f79eee300690f06bc24aa29116a476d.jpg

By today’s standards it’s pretty bad.
2a6b47a559bc36a8ed2253e82cf6efc7.jpg

Helmet comparison with Tomy left and GG right. You can see the GG is much smaller. Even the tomy was smaller than the SS which was huge in comparison.
3ee2d641248ec860befe71d699927fa9.jpg

15819c46d43b12c44eaf0512c80640e0.jpg

6c88f69613334d2dbef0360c4f6611cb.jpg

199cf224c8fc6c2258c591d0ec23734d.jpg

Forgot to futz. Holding the Tomy
1cdf4ba2c4605e1ee961c2fcd264e667.jpg

As you can see the GG is hollow.
1c15555b02eb2a018a9456a4d792b745.jpg

Doesn’t fit on the GG head but I didn’t need it to. Just using it for a helmet she holds.
a941d3950758f4d8b9d10b23f9d407d2.jpg

7ca524ce1778bed52bd4fdae8a8eb437.jpg

JediJim, you need to create a thread to showcase your collection. I'm always fascinated how much stuff you have and with your custom efforts as well.

Thank you. I am no expert but through trial and error I’ve found what works for my liking. If I only had a better camera.

Not trying to toot my own horn, but I’m glad I bumped this thread back up. With a majority of people’s old Photobucket pics gone and lack of any non-stock photos on Google, I had no idea all of you guys had awesome looking Boushh’s this whole time:lol

For the Tomy the helmet is there a difference between the regular and the black series titanium? Which is better to use as a replacement on the ssc boushh? Thanks in advance :)

I have both and they both look good. However i prefer the black series titanium version with its weathering.

Back