Occ's ManCave.... the Progress of ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
few newer pics ... still A LOT of work to do ....
img1505kh6.jpg

img1455nf9.jpg

img1468sw5.jpg

img1472vv0.jpg

img1487jc5.jpg

img1510tp1.jpg

img1516rk6.jpg

Beautiful Display Room occulum! It is my dream to get my room Looking like that someday.

Its a task finding out how to display everything and still keep an organized look.... which is also another reason Im about done collecting. Im out of space and happy with everything I currently have.

One of THE BEST. And I like to know there are people that know when to stop. Congratulations!

That looks absolutely amazing Occ!!! Really just beautifully done. You've got some great taste there! :rock :rock :rock :bow

OCC! That is one of the coolest rooms I've ever seen!! So is that paneling in the main room? Did you paint the paneling, or did it come like that? The piece that you have running horizontally at the top, it's not the same paneling is it? It looks like the widths on the 'panels' is wider. And that shelving apparatus, how is it mounted and supporting all the pieces? I don't see any bracing. I love all atmosphere you created with the lighting and the leaves and lattice.

I can't believe you took the time to stain all the floor joists, lol!

Great Great work! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
NICE TV occulum!:D if you do not mind my asking what is it?
58" Smasung Plasma ...

occulum one more question, What speakers do you have?
I have a pretty old Infinity system. Really needs to be updated though .... I need a new receiver and everything ...
occulum I love your walls!:D what is that?:monkey5 how did you do it?

the walls are actually outdoor wood siding from Home Depot. it has a wood texture pressed into it. Off the shelf its a light tan. I painted the whole room black and dry-brushed 4 shades of grey over the whole room to bring out the texture. ..... glad thats behind me ... :monkey4

OCC! That is one of the coolest rooms I've ever seen!! So is that paneling in the main room? Did you paint the paneling, or did it come like that? The piece that you have running horizontally at the top, it's not the same paneling is it? It looks like the widths on the 'panels' is wider. And that shelving apparatus, how is it mounted and supporting all the pieces? I don't see any bracing. I love all atmosphere you created with the lighting and the leaves and lattice.

I can't believe you took the time to stain all the floor joists, lol!

Great Great work! Thanks for sharing.

thanks man!
check out my post above about the panelling and walls.
I did the same technique on the cinder block room also, but I used sponges instead of brushes.

That panelling actually is the same. its just running horizontally rather than vertically ..
The "pergola" type shelves actually do have a 2x4 that runs along the back that the horizontals are screwed into in the back. And I also ripped another 2x4 down the center and notched out each horizontal piece on top near the front and that ripped 2x4 is screwed into the notches and that piece is screwed up into the overhang. There is actually ductwork running thru the room right there, and thats why i built that structure around it. ... I hope that makes sense ... :lol

and yeah, painting the floor joists was a pain in that neck ... literally!
I have yet to do that to the attached room. I'll get to it someday, but dont look forward to it...

Last edited:
just for the fun of it ...
.. these are before / demo pics to give you an idea how bad everythin looked when we moved in ...

pict0491aj4.jpg

pict0492tn2.jpg

pict0515tb6.jpg

pict0514vg4.jpg

pict0516mx3.jpg

:horror 1ST TIME I COME IN THIS THREAD OCC...JUST AWESOME !!!! A FEAST FOR THE EYE.CLASSY, BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING.

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE DISPLAY ROOM OF ANY MEMBERS HERE.SORRY GRUSON...:angelsmil

That's a killer setup occ :horror

You've done a pretty neat job of transforming it into the ultimate collection room...and that's a pretty sick TV :clap

The dark colors really match the statues well, perfect actually.

Congrats :rock :cool:

Back