Dave's mancave-o-rama project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Super Freak
Reaction score
After moving house and having some time off over Christmas, I decided it's time to start unboxing all of my stuff and starting my office/collection/cinema room project. This will be the first time I've ever been able to have all my HT out on display as the room in the last house was tiny (there was barely enough room for the desk!) Here's a crappy stitched together photo of it's current state.

start.jpg

Eventually the walls will be a matt mid grey, 2 rows of shelving going all around, desk up against the wall with a sofa and TV area at the other end with coloured led strips everywhere.

Looks great so far! I am somewhat in the same boat as you. I moved last year, but I lost a lot of display space but picked up a lot of storage space, so my collection bloomed and now I am getting really large items coming in like the 66 batmobile and the rusty ECTO-1 and the Delorean. Long term (next 5 years) thinking for me is that I tear down the garage and replace it with 2 shipping containers stacked on top of 2 other shipping containers and fit it out any way I want.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

@BACON! I can only dream of having 2 containers worth of space! Sounds great.

The sofa arrived a month earlier than expected, so it forced me to get that corner sorted so I don't have to decorate and do shelves with even less room to move. I figured I'd throw some figures up as well to get some boxes out of the way. I still have 11 more shelf sections to put up.

update02.jpg

Great display so far! Love the presentation of each figure like that.

I also really like the grey wall paint. I was thinking of doing that as well before I built my display last year and ultimately opted against it. Seeing this is again making me doubt whether I made the right decision.

I would be afraid of knocking over those war machines every time I sat on that couch though. :lol

@agonistes86 :lol They're that heavy I'm scared they'd fall off and break the sofa! It's quite a firm sofa so you need to push back a fair bit to hit the shelf but I'll pull it out more when i'm all finished.

Back