Oblivion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally saw this today as well. Really liked it. Visually impressive. I'm pretty versed in sci-fi, so nothing really surprised me as far as the revelations etc...but I thought it was well developed nonetheless. Loved the score, as soon as I left the theater I made my way to BN to purchase it.

I loved the score too, I bought the digital version of it off Amazon, really cool. Now I wouldn't mind if somebody made a model of the ship too, I would definitely get a scaled version of it.

LOL - yes, I thought that myself!

And, yes, I want the ship so bad. The tech was really great.

Yeah, I'd be down. I loved all of the tech in this movie.

So here's a question about the ending, not about the plot or twist or anything but,
Spoiler Spoiler:
:horror

:lol:lol:lol She prob
Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved this movie just by the soundtrack you can tell its made by same director of Tron Legacy loved the sounds the drones made because it was a part of the soundtrack. I could tell the whole plot of the movie within the first 10 minutes but that didn't detract at all from special effect's.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I could tell the whole plot of the movie within the first 10 minutes but that didn't detract at all from special effect's.

Agreed. Continuity errors and derivative plots are intrinsic to film.

Strong design (including sound, character, and mechanicals) can still trump all.

:rock2
____

The world certainly drew me in too well for me to notice a majority of it's flaws.

Agreed:lecture...I love how it wasnt over the op...but at least for me I related to the characters...Looking back it is really somewhat of a love story done well...Love saved planet Earth...Memories in the Human mind saved Earth

Last edited:
Watched it again!
I cannot get enough of this movie...
Really hoping for an Art of Oblivion book... :pray:

Oh man, me too! I am a big "Art of" book collector, and this would be great to see. I would like to see the movie again on the big screen.

I'd love to have seen it on IMAX, but we're just now getting an IMAX, and it's opening with Iron Man. :)

Saw this yesterday and loved it. This film had an updated 1970s sci-fi look to it and I'm a sucker for sci-fi from that decade (SPACE: 1999 anybody?).

Beautiful cinematography and Sally had an eerie HAL 9000 vibe to her towards the end....."Are you an effective team?"

Would love to get a collectible of that "attack drone."

images

Loved it! What a great surprise, how good it was. Best scifi in a while

Back