Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there no ES? Surely this line is not open edition?

no there is es, but it will be the same TBD, and take a long time to sell out especially given the price. Plenty of opportunity to order when it becomes low inventory/waitlist etc.. i am certain it will be still available when this ships.

Do we know for sure there is no EX?

Yes otherwise they would mentioned it in the reveal, it will show as a sideshow exclusive just like darth maul, but all it means is that the piece will be sold from sideshowtoy.com only as mentioned earlier, there wont be a special ex edition in the traditional sense.

the only ones I've seen outside of SS are european retailers, I haven't found a US retailer offering these. Which leads me to believe SS is allowing our friends across the pond easier access to these by allowing said retailers to carry these.

the only ones I've seen outside of SS are european retailers, I haven't found a US retailer offering these. Which leads me to believe SS is allowing our friends across the pond easier access to these by allowing said retailers to carry these.

That's all you find. I haven't found a single US retailer selling these.

SSC is a rip-off! I think I'm going to quit collecting just as quick as I started back up. I'd rather buy things I can use. Not this stuff that's basically useless.

Don't let the door kick you in the ass on your way out.

you know what piss me off ?!!? their corruption !! They sneak customer into this line with the $250 Maul entry and now they push the prices to the $350 !!!! I really consider to cancel my maul just because of that fact they doing this whole thing such a shady way !!

.. the shady acting by SSC and the price makes this piece ugly as hell !!!

dont get me wrong.. wanted this piece really bad and its beautiful! but the price is getting out of lines.. this one specially.. just dont see its right to throw money in the greed mouth of SSC and support their price increases and the will to do whatever they want with me.

Im not even more excited to hear that Malgus going to be up at the end of august... I dont even want to imaging what SS is trying to get for him ...

sad they push middle class earner out of this hobby

Occupy SSC!!! :cuss

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:violin:violin:violin

Wow. I have to admit I am suprised by the price on this. I mean if it was 1/4 scale sure. But it's not. I really thought about getting this and perhaps one of the others but at this price I just think I will pass and wait for one more super cool PF. Whatever that may be.

It is a fantastic looking piece though.

I recall expecting these to be really expensive back before Maul came out at $250. I doubt this is a case of Obi-wan being overpriced. More like Maul was underpriced.

Ummm.....

Let's see if I got this straight....

Skaar Exclusive 1/4 scale Premium Format with and Axe and a print, 32 lbs and 27inches tall for $379.99

Mythos Ben Kenobi 1/5 scale statue with an extra hand and head for $349.99

Is it just me or something is awfully wrong here???

I have to do a poll to find out what people will do about this statue. I love it but it is way too much in my opinion. I thought it was going to cost $299.....

Let's see....

i knew this was going to be this price at Comic-con and the price isn't bad at all. this Maquette is soo packed with not only crazy detail in the face sculpt's but in everything on his back he's carrying

i knew this was going to be this price at Comic-con and the price isn't bad at all. this Maquette is soo packed with not only crazy detail in the face sculpt's but in everything on his back he's carrying

Well, to Sideshow credit it is a very detailed piece and I didn't see it in person so maybe it is not overpriced but still a lot....

Cheers

Bear

The backpack on Ben is almost another character in it's own right. And I'm pretty sure the complainers haven't seen it in person. It's 1/5 scale and easily as large and far more complex than most of what used to be called Premium Format figures.

I think it shows a certain naivete to the economics of the business to accuse them of price gouging here.

Exactly Dave you put the nail right on the head. Not only does this come with 2 Different headsculpts but it's absolutely amazing in person, i agree it's worth the price and then some
not only that, but you get what you pay for This is a STATUE and it's extremely detailed.

I have not seen this piece in person either, but have heard wonderful things about it from those who have, both here and in personal chats with those lucky enough to have been at last years party and this years SDCC with the reveal.

I'm glad he's not really for me, but he does look amazing still. The price to me is wholly unjustifiable. But still, I admit I have not seen him in person. Although at this price, it's unlikely I will ever see this one in person.

I'm only hoping that this does not make the Boba Fett release jump to the same price point. He is the only piece I want in this line so far, and I only have $30 in reward points to use up. If I cannot make him fall below $300, I won't be getting him either. Damn.

Can't fault SS for trying to make the bucks where they can. They are a business after all with tons of overhead and a Star Wars license to pay too.

Does seem like a lot of disappointed collectors around this thread right now though. And I fully understand the feeling of being priced out of the collecting nice statue toys from Sideshow game...

I'm broke as a joke, but still trying to get a few choice (for me, personal items) pieces each year from the 'ol Sideshow. Have always loved the company since my first piece. (Well, except for that one rough patch with the SSEs...) ;)

So lets see what happens, and I hope all those who fell in love with this statue over a year ago get a chance to own it, and also that those who are peeved about the price hikes vote with their dollars and not order. To each their own, and we all have to make our own decisions on what to spend our scratch on...

:D Can't wait for the Boba Fett reveal!

well i dont know the price of the Boba Fett same as everyone here but i think it's going to be the same price. It in fact is larger than the obi wan maquette, as boba is standing on a rock with a very huge rifle which is about the same size as he lol. going to buy him as well

well i dont know the price of the Boba Fett same as everyone here but i think it's going to be the same price. It in fact is larger than the obi wan maquette, as boba is standing on a rock with a very huge rifle which is about the same size as he lol. going to buy him as well

Obi is the only one of these 5 I see myself grabbing. This one stands alone as telling a story in statue form. The others are cool images, but Obi's on a whole other level. Every time I look at the picture I start imagining the story of the 20ish years he spent wandering a desert filled with Tuscan-Americans and Sarlaacs....

Ummm.....

Let's see if I got this straight....

Skaar Exclusive 1/4 scale Premium Format with and Axe and a print, 32 lbs and 27inches tall for $379.99

Mythos Ben Kenobi 1/5 scale statue with an extra hand and head for $349.99

Is it just me or something is awfully wrong here???

2 totally different licences

Back