Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if Obi sells well do you think they will lower the price for less detailed Vader and Fett? My guess is NO.

This is the better question. Obi-Won is clearly far more complicated than the Maul piece. I see the difference. But I wouldn't expect the other pieces to necessarily be as expensive as this.

Anyway, I'm not sure I will buy a second one from the line. I'm not a statue collector. This thing is just too amazing to pass up on.

hr_Comic-Con_2012_64.jpg

That picture still doesn't do a great job of showing the size. These are very large statues which are packed with detail especially this particular statue. This line IMO is the Star Wars line to collect.

I would absolutely love to pick up the Obi and the Darth ones... I was hoping that this line could be one that I pick and choose (now that I've moved back from the PF's to focus primarily on 1/6)... Very tempting.

for those of you lucky enough to see these in person, just how much larger are they? To me, they look nearly identical to the LOTR line and I know that's not the case.

for those of you lucky enough to see these in person, just how much larger are they? To me, they look nearly identical to the LOTR line and I know that's not the case.

if they are true 1/5 scale, then they will be decent size like the attakus 1/5 statues, which are ~16" tall.

I would absolutely love to pick up the Obi and the Darth ones... I was hoping that this line could be one that I pick and choose (now that I've moved back from the PF's to focus primarily on 1/6)... Very tempting.

You should be able to pick and choose. I have Maul, am getting Obi-Wan, and will get Vader. These are too cool to not get at least one or two of them.

They're a decent amount bigger. As big as the Boromir statue seems with the flag that's how big say Obi-Wan was or seemed without the flag. These are just a bit smaller than the PF's people buy to be honest.

These bases are a bit taller then the LOTR and Buffy bases as well. At least they look taller.

I'm dreaming of getting this, Shaak-ti, and the R2 and 3PO set. Not sure if I will. It depends on finances and what else becomes available. But I know I'll be preordering this one at least.

Conan the prize was $289.99 and also 1/5 scale and actually had another character on his shoulder. Now as any artist will tell you sculpting another human is harder than sculpting a backpack. I know there has been a rise in inflation but it hasn't been moving that quickly. It also had switch out parts.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200022&ref=preview_page

Granted, but does the SW license cost more than the Conan one? I'm not saying $350 is charity on their part, far from it, but I do see why Obi-Wan costs more than Maul.

Sure. What do you think, 2-3?

yes the attakus base is a lot thinner, so 18" sounds about right.

i will see in hand photos and decide, there is no hurry as there is no ex or risk of selling out anytime soon. So adding this to the wait-n-see list.

i will see in hand photos and decide, there is no hurry as there is no ex or risk of selling out anytime soon. So adding this to the wait-n-see list.

Is there no ES? Surely this line is not open edition?

Do we know for sure there is no EX?

Back