Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep a list with my name on it, and shoot me a PM when/if this happens. I will be anxiously awaiting to see how this goes....

I will be keeping an eye closely on this thread.... (I will be staying away from the other thread as there seems to be a lot of bashing... I dont need to read about it.) It happened, its sucks, now lets try to do something to redeem it ourselves if we want the statue. The statue came out great. No doubt about it to me. I jsut want ot add the LS hilt to the belt.

I'm in full agreement with that last statement. That's why I started this interest thread. I want to make the old proverbial lemonade out of lemons. And maybe have some fun along the way. Now we just have to find an artist, and keep this list growing...

And don't be put off by my statement about payment. It will be fair and across the board, new and old alike.

Customs are done around here all the time, but they are often 1/6 centric. So I would actually call this a Hail Mary, because, I don't even know what we could get an artist to mold these out of, or even from. I guess the artist would have to sculpt the item.

Isn't the lightsaber holding hand removable?? It seems like the easiest thing to do would be to just cast that piece and then dremel away the hand and resculpt any bits missing from the hilt. It seems like that would be easier than sculpting a new piece.

If Fremen's arrived broken, maybe THAT piece could be cast, and then he could get a replacement piece from Sideshow??

Hopefully all the *****ing and name calling being done by some Freaks in the other thread won't throw a monkey wrench in your idea, Furystorm.

Why can't people just act like reasonable adults? :dunno :slap

It's no wonder that Sideshow's online presence on the Freaks board has diminished. I wouldn't hang around here either if I was called names and bashed nearly everyday.

Sideshow deserves it for this one...100%...whether on the board or in person...Returning this at sideshows expense would give them a real message...If all who got this did that they might even care

Hopefully all the *****ing and name calling being done by some Freaks in the other thread won't throw a monkey wrench in your idea, Furystorm.

Why can't people just act like reasonable adults? :dunno :slap

It's no wonder that Sideshow's online presence on the Freaks board has diminished. I wouldn't hang around here either if I was called names and bashed nearly everyday.

:goodpost::exactly:

You don't need to worry about me. I own my own business, and unlike SS, if I say I'm going to do something, you can count on it. If I decide not to keep the statue, I'll let you know.

Honestly, owning your own business doesnt mean anything. We've had plenty of people leave people hanging when they owned their own business. I've seen enough of your posts and feel confident in saying you need to slow your rolls and calm down a bit. Your little crappy comments will do nothing but hurt this project if it has any hope as far as a casting goes.

Sideshow deserves it for this one...100%...whether on the board or in person...Returning this at sideshows expense would give them a real message...If all who got this did that they might even care

Name calling and stomping your feet like a child is never called for. If people are that upset then there is a way to take action and not.

Honestly, owning your own business doesnt mean anything. We've had plenty of people leave people hanging when they owned their own business. I've seen enough of your posts and feel confident in saying you need to slow your rolls and calm down a bit. Your little crappy comments will do nothing but hurt this project if it has any hope as far as a casting goes.

Name calling and stomping your feet like a child is never called for. If people are that upset then there is a way to take action and not.
If you got name calling and stomping your feet is like a child from my posts than Josh youve been sheltered and have never seen the real deal...In my lifetime in some circles someone would be fired or lose some pay for this...this was stupidity Josh run by supposed professional grown ups ...this is not some start up company Josh...I've been around folks that if you dont bash em will never learn or just dont get the message...and yes I made my phone call like a man...If I lived in the Sideshow neighborhood I would show up in person like a man too ...I cancelled, etc, etc ....Sideshow on the phone agreed with me that it was stupid and whomever bought this has every god given right to call them stupid for this error...childish for me meant comlpaining for nothing without any legit reason to back it up...If I got a beef I better back it up...everybody who ordered this ordered a saber on hilt...buy something that you thought was 100% and get 96% and tell me it's ok...I dont complain too much Josh and you know it...This is a missing important piece not some sloppy paint job here...That's like buying the Boromir statue without the flag and Sideshow telling you that it's a spear now and will update the photos...

Last edited:
Everyone who bought this paid for that hilt to be included and Sideshow wont give any partial refund for something missing...Completely missing!...but for a little repairable thing like paint or tiny defect they will...Unprofessional IMHO...Is that name calling too Josh?...Is calling someone childish like you did a form of name calling too?...yes or no...Was Sideshow wrong?...yes or no...Does one have a right to let them know?...yes or no...did we buy a saber on hilt?...yes or no...simple questions that have easy answers...I have no clue why you are backing Sideshow up on this

There are a lot of very low post count members expressing interest in this potential commission. Just so everyone knows, if this does happen, there will be a deposit, or likely payment in full due, at the time of launching the project.

Okay! :hi5:

I don't know whether I should get outraged at the implication that new members are always new collectors, or the insinuation that new collectors are necessarily untrustworthy, even if they've just put down 449$ on a statue (yes, that's what it cost me to get Obiwan shipped to Dubai). Thanks for the warm welcome.:wave

If you got name calling and stomping your feet is like a child from my posts than Josh youve been sheltered and have never seen the real deal...In my lifetime in some circles someone would be fired or lose some pay for this...this was stupidity Josh run by supposed professional grown ups ...this is not some start up company Josh...I've been around folks that if you dont bash em will never learn or just dont get the message...and yes I made my phone call like a man...If I lived in the Sideshow neighborhood I would show up in person like a man too ...I cancelled, etc, etc ....Sideshow on the phone agreed with me that it was stupid and whomever bought this has every god given right to call them stupid for this error...childish for me meant comlpaining for nothing without any legit reason to back it up...If I got a beef I better back it up...everybody who ordered this ordered a saber on hilt...buy something that you thought was 100% and get 96% and tell me it's ok...I dont complain too much Josh and you know it...This is a missing important piece not some sloppy paint job here...That's like buying the Boromir statue without the flag and Sideshow telling you that it's a spear now and will update the photos...

Did I say you? Take a deep breath and calm down. I was talking in general about your comment that getting all upset was the thing to do. Voicing your opinion like an adult is the thing to do stomping your feet and calling people stupid is not. You're more likely to get something done by taking a tactful approach than stomping around.

Everyone who bought this paid for that hilt to be included and Sideshow wont give any partial refund for something missing...Unprofessional IMHO...Is that name calling too Josh?...Is calling someone childish like you did a form of name calling too?...yes or no...Was Sideshow wrong?...yes or no...Does one have a right to let them know?...yes or no...did we buy a saber on hilt?...yes or no...simple questions that have easy answers...I have no clue why you are backing Sideshow up on this

You need to calm down first of all. Not letting anybody know about the lightsaber was a mistake. I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that. There have been a couple posts that are childish I'm sorry. If that bothers someone they need to grow up. I missed where I was backing anyone up to be honest. All, I said was calling names because of it was childish.

Oh boy, we got deputy dog here. Look, the josh, I aim my cannon at SS where it belongs, you are coming after me for being outspoken?

There are no worse forum types than people who bait other members into fights by posting inflammatory comments directed towards them, while hiding behind the guise that the post serves the betterment of the groups interest.

I see right through that stuff, and can tell you must think your some sort of big deal around here to come on and lay your 02 cents on a few posts.

Now where is that ignore feature?:yess:

I don't know whether I should get outraged at the implication that new members are always new collectors, or the insinuation that new collectors are necessarily untrustworthy, even if they've just put down 449$ on a statue (yes, that's what it cost me to get Obiwan shipped to Dubai). Thanks for the warm welcome.:wave

Ha. Don't let the josh read this.....

:goodpost:

Did I say you? Take a deep breath and calm down. I was talking in general about your comment that getting all upset was the thing to do. Voicing your opinion like an adult is the thing to do stomping your feet and calling people stupid is not. You're more likely to get something done by taking a tactful approach than stomping around.

You need to calm down first of all. Not letting anybody know about the lightsaber was a mistake. I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that. There have been a couple posts that are childish I'm sorry. If that bothers someone they need to grow up. I missed where I was backing anyone up to be honest. All, I said was calling names because of it was childish.
If you got me in quotes then yes you did say it was me
The guy responsible who works for sideshow would be ripped to shreads wordwise if it was done in the circles I worked for...real world Josh...of course the real world changes like the wind nowadays...I notice you really dont wanna say anything against sideshow...just noticed that...If there is a legit reason for name calling then it's ok IMHO...as long as it's backed up...I didnt think I acted like Nam does...LOL...ok....As far as I'm concerned this was one of the nicest Star Wars statues ever made as perfect as it comes and they botched it with that missing component...a component that folks will have to pay for out of pocket to be made without any reembursement from Sideshow...That's 100% wrong...I would have felt better if there was an email say done a month ago giving people options and of course letting them know what was going on with this piece...but it didnt happen and no way no how did Sideshow not know what was going on

Last edited:
Correct. The only posts you've had in these threads are negative. We understand your unhappiness but you don't need to keep repeating yourself over and over.

That's false. I've posted several that were not. And the ones that are, are on topic and justified. God forbid.

I suggest you read all of my posts before making assumptions.

I love the ignorant mob mentality.

Oh boy, we got deputy dog here. Look, the josh, I aim my cannon at SS where it belongs, you are coming after me for being outspoken?

There are no worse forum types than people who bait other members into fights by posting inflammatory comments directed towards them, while hiding behind the guise that the post serves the betterment of the groups interest.

I see right through that stuff, and can tell you must think your some sort of big deal around here to come on and lay your 02 cents on a few posts.

Just pointing out that you owning a business doesn't mean much when it comes to these things. That's all.

I wasn't baiting you. I don't do that. I was pointing out that your post doesn't give anymore weight to the situation and that if you think saying that will add something to it.

I don't know what you saw through but it wasn't as clear as you might think. I've been on this board since before we moved here (Been a member since December of 2003) so I'm just trying to help a new guy know that ranting like a mad man isn't the best way to go.

The guy responsible who works for sideshow would be ripped to shreads wordwise if it was done in the circles I worked for...real world Josh...of course the real world changes like the wind nowadays...I notice you really dont wanna say anything against sideshow...just noticed that...If there is a legit reason for name calling then it's ok IMHO...as long as it's backed up...I didnt think I acted like Nam does...LOL...ok....As far as I'm concerned this was one of the nicest Star Wars statues ever made as perfect as it comes and they botched it with that missing component...a component that folks will have to pay for out of pocket to be made...That's 100% wrong...I would have felt better if there was an email say done a month ago giving people options and of course letting them know what was going on with this piece...but it didnt happen and no way no how did Sideshow not know what was going on

There is no issue if people say that this was a mistake. There is also no issue with people being upset. However, people can do it without calling names. That IMO shows a limited vocabulary and that you can't rationalize things like an adult. There is no legit reason to call names and doing so will get you into hot water here that is a fact.

Not including the lightsaber was a mistake I think. I'm pretty sure I just said as much. However, I'm not going to start calling names because of it. As far as saying good or bad. If I feel the need to say something one way or the other I do so. I make sure I am calculated with my comments when I don't feel things went right so they can be taken in the way I want. I want to make sure I am taken seriously by Sideshow or whoever and over the years by doing it this way I have been by these companies I've dealt with.

so for a almost $400 statue you have to dish now out extra money to complete the statue in the way SSC presented us ??? wow...

While the missing hilt may not be a big deal to some, it is the integral weapon for any Jedi much like a gun is to a Marine. A Marine is never without his gun and a Jedi is never without his light saber.

For Sideshow to just leave this piece off without any notice or explanation like it is no big deal tells me that they have little regard for true accuracy - at least in this case. This piece has so much detail with so many accessories and the sculpts are phenomenal but in the end they decided to omit the one accessory (Obi's saber hilt) that is a must have. They could have left any other detail or accessory out of this piece and it wouldn't have the same impact as not having Obi's saber hilt. It really is a big deal and Sideshow should be more open to making an effort to try and meet collectors half way on a resolution.

Some say well if you don't like it then just return it. It isn't that easy. What they fail to realize is that for many Star Wars collectors, this was a highly anticipated piece if not the most anticipated piece of the year and they really want the piece in their collections. As good as this piece is, it really is incomplete. It really is a big downer to have to be faced with this problem.

There are a lot of very low post count members expressing interest in this potential commission. Just so everyone knows, if this does happen, there will be a deposit, or likely payment in full due, at the time of launching the project.

Okay! :hi5:

Works for me! :rock

Keep a list with my name on it, and shoot me a PM when/if this happens. I will be anxiously awaiting to see how this goes....

I will be keeping an eye closely on this thread.... (I will be staying away from the other thread as there seems to be a lot of bashing... I dont need to read about it.) It happened, its sucks, now lets try to do something to redeem it ourselves if we want the statue. The statue came out great. No doubt about it to me. I jsut want ot add the LS hilt to the belt.

Well said and good post.

Did Sideshow make a mistake? Sure.

Does incessantly ranting about it, bashing and calling Sideshow names make it any better?

No. All that does is make the person doing all that look childish.

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

You have no idea what you are talking about. :lol :lol :lol

Correct. The only posts you've had in these threads are negative. We understand your unhappiness but you don't need to keep repeating yourself over and over.

Exactly. seeing someone futilely beating a dead horse gets old real quick.

Let me make this easy for all of us.

Fury, please remove my name...

That was...

easy-button1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back