Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so you are going to keep the statue?

I'm serious. I want a serious list on this to see if we can actually get it going...

That's why I said if this can happen. I will keep it if this can happen. I know no one has a crystal ball, but is this a Hail Mary, or something that has been done around here before?

Customs are done around here all the time, but they are often 1/6 centric. So I would actually call this a Hail Mary, because, I don't even know what we could get an artist to mold these out of, or even from. I guess the artist would have to sculpt the item.

Here's an idea. This had to have been sculpted by Sideshow at some point. So, maybe we can choose an ambassador to ask if we can get a one off to make recasts from? Since they did drop the ball on this one, they might be willing to help.

Just a thought. :D

I'll add you to the list.

That's why I said if this can happen. I will keep it if this can happen. I know no one has a crystal ball, but is this a Hail Mary, or something that has been done around here before?

I don't know about before; but there are some very talented people on this board who could create a 1/5 scale lightsaber hilt better than SS could. The trick (to me, at least) is going to be how do you have the end-user attach it?

Yep, lots of questions we have to figure out.

Maybe another hook which we will have to permanently attach to the Kenobi sculpt, which then in turn will hold the hilt.

Dunno. Really, dunno. I need help on this. :dunno

I am interested but will remain on the fence until a viable method is devised for attaching it to the sculpt.

I am not keen at all to the idea of drilling a hole in mine which has been mentioned earlier. Too high a chance of damaging the sculpt.

Maybe this ambassador could inquire as to the original plans so that we could make all the changes as designed by SS?

Who runs this website? We would need a pretty high ranking contact at SS to even think about this. Who do we need to ask around here to make contact with them?

I am in.... I will be checking this regularly....

(granted, I am new here, but I was sent over after a discussion on RebelScum.... BUt seriously, I am in.... please add me to the list.)

I guess my only thought was to use a tiny piece of Museum Putty on the side of the hilt that would touch on the belt and or the tabor. Museum putty is harmless and does not leave a residue or discolor paints. I have used it for 7+ years on the bottoms of some of my top-heavy MBs so that they dont topple over.

Last edited:
I am new in here, and I am in. Oh gosh, let it happen, collectibles God, let it happen. :pray:

Leave that to me, young padawan. ;)

Hopefully all the *****ing and name calling being done by some Freaks in the other thread won't throw a monkey wrench in your idea, Furystorm.

Why can't people just act like reasonable adults? :dunno :slap

It's no wonder that Sideshow's online presence on the Freaks board has diminished. I wouldn't hang around here either if I was called names and bashed nearly everyday.

Last edited:
Hopefully all the *****ing and name calling being done by some Freaks in the other thread won't throw a monkey wrench in your idea, Furystorm.

Why can't people just act like reasonable adults? :dunno :slap

It's no wonder that Sideshow's online presence on the Freaks board has diminished. I wouldn't hang around here either if I was called names and bashed nearly everyday.

Agreed. SideShow makes quality products beyond the likes of any other company today. Isn't that good enough?

There are a lot of very low post count members expressing interest in this potential commission. Just so everyone knows, if this does happen, there will be a deposit, or likely payment in full due, at the time of launching the project.

Okay! :hi5:

You don't need to worry about me. I own my own business, and unlike SS, if I say I'm going to do something, you can count on it. If I decide not to keep the statue, I'll let you know.

There are a lot of very low post count members expressing interest in this potential commission. Just so everyone knows, if this does happen, there will be a deposit, or likely payment in full due, at the time of launching the project.

Okay! :hi5:

If this happens, I will be the first in line to pay in full....
I was directed here by RebelScum. While I am new here, I have a great rep on RS.... I wnat this statue more than anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back