NTT Jaws Bruce Maquette By Mike Schultz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I just remind peeps to please not discuss the ordering/buying or pre-ordering details of this piece on this forum.

This is essentially an unlicensed item and we have a zero tolerence policy for advertising unlicensed/bootleg items and we will not allow them to be promoted here.
So please, do not keep requesting people to post the price of it on here as it will be deleted.

If you want to enquire about the ordering details on this piece I suggest you contact the details that have been provided earlier in the thread and you keep conversations on that nature to pm's.
Please do not discuss ordering/prices or payment on this Forum.

Many thanks in advance :duff
x :peace

Last edited:
No false rumors here. I signed up and then got this email......

Part1:
1. How did you find us?
2. Tell me in one sentence or more what most interests you about Operation Orca?
3. Are you a JAWS fan? If so which are your favorite films in the franchise and why?
4. Have you ever been to a Universal theme park? If so, which one(s) and when?
5. Which is your favorite JAWS character from any of the films in the franchise?
6. Do or have you ever created any kind(s) of artistic interpretations related to JAWS? If so please describe.
7. Do you collect JAWS memorabilia?
8. What kind(s) of JAWS tie-in collectible(s) would you like to see on the market?
9. Are you familiar with the NEW Bruce NTT maquette? If so what do you think about it?
10. Would you like to be added to the Bruce NTT pre-order announcement list otherwise known as B/NTT- PAL? (There is no cost or obligation to do so.)

Part2:
1. Your OO user name:
2. Your full (real) name:
2. Your mailing address (include city and country):
3. Your home phone number (include area code):

*Please answer the questions in Part1 to the best of your
ability, and we'll approve your account asap. There are no
right or wrong answers.

**The information in Part2 will be used to verify your account with Operation Orca only. It will not be sold or misused in any manner. We value your privacy. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me by email.

***To ensure account status we ask that you make at least one post per month. If for any reason you would prefer not to post on the forum and prefer to read only, please let me know via email in order to avoid account de-activation.

Meanwhile, looking forward to seeing you on board!

Fred Stine
Operation Orca
https://www.createforum.com/operationorca

After getting this email, I thought that it was strange that they needed my address and phone number just to sign up to a web forum. So I opted out on joining. Another friend of mine joined and told me that they just post payment info in hidden sections of that site, not open to the public sections, which didn't make sense to me if they wanted more orders. Why the secrecy & why join a JAWS forum just to get this? Plus he said that he saw a post from the site founder saying that he lives in Beijing China.

I know that it's free to join the site over there, but if you want to buy this shark, you have to order it and send money to this site that wants to stay hidden for some reason. It just doesn't make sense to a regular collector & consumer.

The concept of placing a pre-order is also not new. Those that are placing pre-orders know exactly who they're sending the money too as well. Mike V. Schultz, part time 911 operator in the field of law enforcement, family man, and part time artisan.

Of course it's not new. But other sites aren't hidden from the general public when they are asking for hundreds of $$ from a consumer, which is my question and others that have posted concern. I'm sure that this Mike is a real good guy, and he is a talented artist. It's the way that it's being sold is the question.

Again, these are legit questions and if someone wants to go through all of this to get this, then that's their choice and I hope the website and artist the best of luck in selling this the way it's being done.

Sorry adoptedscot, I was writing my last post as you were writing yours.

Last edited:
This is a cool piece, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable.

Does anyone have plans to make this with the BRUCE MAQUETTE ? :

IMGA0769.jpg

If this custom was completed with the 37" Maquette, it would be one of the Siiiiiiickest displays ever.

I MAY (think about building this) I probably won't, but it would satisfy my collectible fix, and my creative fix (model building) :)

I have that too. It's a really nice piece. I agree Bezzerkerr, it would look nice if it was bigger, although I don't know if there would be room for it in someone's home. :lol

I know that it's free to join the site over there, but if you want to buy this shark, you have to order it and send money to this site that wants to stay hidden for some reason. It just doesn't make sense to a regular collector & consumer.

It doesn't make sense because you apparently haven't completed the sign up process like so many others have. If you had you'd probably understand why certain area's are off limits and available to qualified buyers only. (Sort of like club 33 at Disneyland.)

The reason I can tell you don't understand and have questions is clearly you weren't approved as you opted out. And because you opted out you weren't sent any NTT ordering info.

Doesn't sound like your friend completed the sign up process either or he wouldn't be on the outside looking in like you are. For someone not interested in this you sure have lots of questions.

And with the many concerned questions you have you might be better off saving the piggy bank for a rainy day. Just my two cents.:ent

This is a cool piece, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable.

Does anyone have plans to make this with the BRUCE MAQUETTE ? :

IMGA0769.jpg

If this custom was completed with the 37" Maquette, it would be one of the Siiiiiiickest displays ever.

I MAY (think about building this) I probably won't, but it would satisfy my collectible fix, and my creative fix (model building) :)

NICE photoshop work. Really helps embellish that display.

NICE photoshop work. Really helps embellish that display.

I wish i owned photoshop.

All i did was place the McFarlane set infront of my computer screen with an ocean wallpaper. Glad you enjoyed it!

if you look closely you will see reflections in the screen :)

I wish i owned photoshop.

All i did was place the McFarlane set infront of my computer screen with an ocean wallpaper. Glad you enjoyed it!

if you look closely you will see reflections in the screen :)

Anyone can own Photoshop for free.:yess:

Even more novel. Part of what helps complete the effect is the direction of shadow and general lighting level matches the backround. Now what you need to do is just crop out the lower half where the fake plastic water is showing and it'll look even better. Helps remind why CGI rarely looks as good as just putting something in the scene versus matting or animating it into a scene. Why I still like old school EFX like one see's in films like TESB. Take the AT AT miniature sequence for example.

It doesn't make sense because you apparently haven't completed the sign up process like so many others have. If you had you'd probably understand why certain area's are off limits and available to qualified buyers only. (Sort of like club 33 at Disneyland.)

Now that's what concerns myself and other collector's on why the secrecy? Why..... if you want the massive sales that this could bring (I'm assuming at this point that you are the owner of the operation orca site from your response).... have it hidden behind this "qualified buyers only" section on the site? Look at how many sharks that Sideshow sold. If you are proud of this art piece and want the sales.... why have only "qualified buyers"?
As I wrote before, I don't understand why you need a person's address & phone number to sign on to a forum like this one here? When I joined here, they didn't ask for any of that information.
And if that is your answer then I'm sorry for the "many others" who did sign up and gave their personal info out to you.

The reason I can tell you don't understand and have questions is clearly you weren't approved as you opted out. And because you opted out you weren't sent any NTT ordering info.

Of course. Why would I join? Why do you need my personal address & phone number to join a fan forum? I asked this before and I guess at this point you are not going to give an answer and dance around the question again.

Doesn't sound like your friend completed the sign up process either or he wouldn't be on the outside looking in like you are.

Oh but he is a member there. And he has been for some time now.

For someone not interested in this you sure have lots of questions.

Actually, I was very, very, very interested in buying this. That is why my friend got in touch with me and told me about this Bruce the shark piece a while ago. And that's when I tried to join your site and I was sent that questionnaire reply form that I posted above in my last post, that I got late last year. That's when I started having questions about this. Then I started seeing others starting to ask about this on other sites and have their concerns too. About the secrecy.

Again, just legit questions from fans and consumers who you could sell too.

And with the many concerned questions you have you might be better off saving the piggy bank for a rainy day. Just my two cents.

Yeah. I figured that would be your answer. And with that, I wish you the best of luck selling this great Bruce the shark piece.

Last edited:

Doesn't sound like your friend completed the sign up process either or he wouldn't be on the outside looking in like you are. For someone not interested in this you sure have lots of questions.

And with the many concerned questions you have you might be better off saving the piggy bank for a rainy day. Just my two cents.:ent

Bravo captquint!!!!! A plethora of fine posts by your mighty "pen"......and I thought I was good with words.....sheesh!!! I tip my hat to ya in humility! I've been reading your posts in response to the skeptics out there that have had a few "less than honorable" words to say about a process they don't fully understand aimed toward two fine gentlemen, Fred Stine and Mike Schultz (both of whom I am honored to call "brothers") and I am VERY IMPRESSED with what you've said in response in an effort to set the record straight!

I'm here to lend you a hand and provide some "reinforcement troops" because I see that the majority of folks on this board are just all over this thing like stink on **** thinking they have to "jump through so many hoops" to order the Bruce NTT. It's like you (captquint) said though, they obviously didn't finish the sign up process or they would have been sent the ordering information for the NTT.

I went through the sign up process with NO problem whatsoever and secured NTT #4. I've waited 35 years for someone to create something as AWESOME as the BRUCE NTT and taking a few minutes to sign up for it is a small price to pay to secure one for my collection........anyone who doesn't think it's worth the time and effort is certainly entitled to their opinion......every bit as much as I am entitled to mine for thinking it would be foolish as a JAWS fan to pass up an opportunity to acquire a screen accurate Bruce the shark of this MAGNITUDE!!!

Mike absolutely loves the time he has spent on this project......he gets giddy every time he's in "the shop" creating these little sharks. I know that because I've gotten to know him. Anyone (any real JAWS fan) who would take the time to join Operation Orca (OO forum) like I did would find that the owner/moderator (Fred Stine) and Bruce NTTs creator (Mike Schultz) are just two of the most incredibly genuine, honest, down-to-earth gentlemen that I have ever had the absolute pleasure of getting to know, period! These guys want to continue to offer fans the best screen accurate Bruce movie replicas available anywhere! So it is illogical to assume or insinuate that these guys aren't legit, when their accusers or insinuators don't know the first thing about these fine gentlemen. I know them, THEY ARE LEGIT and it would be impossible to find better friends than this DYNAMIC DUO! My "family" has increased by two members this year......Fred Stine and Mike Schultz!!!

When I first stumbled upon the Bruce NTT banner ad I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I couldn't join Operation Orca fast enough........fine folks over there.....especially Fred and Mike.......great guys and absolutely obsessed with JAWS (as am I, LOL). I belong to several forums and I can say without a moment's hesitation that Operation Orca IS THE FRIENDLIEST FORUM I have joined and I always feel right at home when I'm there for "a visit".

I completely understand Fred and Mike's need in carefully screening people so that they minimize their chances of this thing falling into the wrong hands and being recast.......and yes you CAN screen people to minimize recasting. Take it from me who was naive enough to trust Dan "the recast King" Fuller (formerly "Dizneeguy" on Statueforum.com) with my custom 1/6 scale Chris Reeve Superman the Movie ("Man of Steel") head sculpt that there are recasting predators out there who would love nothing more than to turn a quick buck on the back of someone else's hard work. Recasters are lower than parasitic "stool (and I ain't talkin' about the kind you sit on either) dwellers" in my book! They have no talent of their own so they steal it from those that do have talent and make money by engaging in acts that in the corporate world would put a person behind bars quicker than you can yell, "Shark"! A WORD TO THE WISE FOR ANYONE THINKING ABOUT OR WANTING TO RECAST THE BRUCE NTT.......FRED AND MIKE HAVE DONE THEIR HOMEWORK AND ARE WILLING TO PROSECUTE ANYONE FOUND RECASTING THIS MAQUETTE (TO PROTECT MIKE AND THE YEARS HE'S INVESTED IN THIS PROJECT) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW......AND IT CAN BE DONE TOO......MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THIS HARD FACT!

It is NOT being called a JAWS maquette because the name JAWS is not being used in advertising or the process of selling it. JAWS is not going to be printed on the base, on the shark, on the box or anywhere else for that matter........so Mike (and Fred) can protect the BRUCE NTT to the fullest and not have to worry about a recaster who may think they won't because they want to remain "under the wire"........They're not using the JAWS logo to sell BRUCE NTT and therefore not in violation of any legal backlash from Universal Pictures. Its also not a bootleg item. Each NTT is a unique 'one of a kind' work of art. Nothing illegal or bootlegged about it.

Also, according to the 1976 Copyright Act For Artists (read specifics here: https://www.arsny.com/basics.html), Mike has absolute power over the copyright of his own work as the creator of the Bruce NTT. According to the 1976 Copyright Act, anyone using or copying an artist's work (either 2D or 3D) without written permission from the artist/creator of the work is in full violation of the Copyright Act and can be sued by the artist in a court of law........SO RECASTERS BEWARE!!! Also by having people sign up with their information it will be easier to find someone in violation of the copyright act should recasts of this maquette ever end up surfacing.......it won't be too difficult to figure out.....it's a small run and you have to give your name, email and mailing address and phone number.......that's just smart IMHO on the part of Bruce's creator/producer.

Whether we like it or not we live in a world where Dan Fuller types are everywhere! So anyone wanting to protect their work from theft would be smart to screen those that purchase their work. I've done this with two previous projects of my own but made a dreadful mistake when I didn't screen Mr. Fuller.......and it has indeed swam up and bitten me on the ass.....more times than I care to count! I've seen my Chris Reeve head sculpt "Frankensteined" on about a half dozen different Superman statues and I have yet to see one penny from the sale of these statues by D. Fuller.......I don't wish this on anyone.....it really chaps my tukus......and bottom line is it's theft as my head sculpt is an original work of art (sculpture) created entirely by me. To safeguard myself against any issues with Warner Bros. I refer to it generally as the "Man of Steel" head sculpt.

Mike Schultz has spent decades of his life to accumulate enough good reference (and it's harder to find than a 3 ton, 25 foot long Great White) to make the BRUCE NTT "the undisputed champion" among Bruce the shark sculpts......time that Mike will NEVER get back! What would those lost years spent in R&D and trial and error mean to him if he had to affix a dollar amount to it?.....even at minimum wage? Well, if it were me........it'd be a small fortune! Mike should be paid something for the time it took him to amass reference photos and screen grabs and all the R&D that was necessary to make the BRUCE NTT a reality of the most screen accurate kind!

It's like you said captquint, many people are so quick to judge before they know what they're talking about......rumors are like viruses......they're often deadly and spread quickly. It always amazes me how soooooooo many collectors want something for next to nothing from individual artisans like Mike but yet willing to spend hundreds of dollars for something mass produced with little to no quality control (although it's getting better) from other companies that produce similar products but are inferior in quality and inaccurate in detailing. WHAT'S EVEN MORE AMAZING IS THAT PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE TIME AND EFFORT IT TAKES "JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS" TO SIGN UP FOR A BRUCE NTT MAQUETTE (WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO COMPLETE THE SIGN UP PROCESS IN THE FIRST PLACE) YET THEY DON'T MIND WASTING THEIR TIME AND EFFORT ON THIS AND SIMILAR FORUMS COMPLAINING ABOUT IT TO OTHER MEMBERS. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THINGS THEIR WAY THEN DON'T......IT'S A FREE COUNTRY LAST TIME I CHECKED AND THE PRODUCERS OF THIS MAQUETTE ARE FREE TO SELL IT IN WHATEVER WAY THEY DECIDE IS BEST FOR THEM.....IT'S CALLED FREE ENTERPRISE......IT'S THEIR "BABY" AND THEY CAN DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT WITH IT! IF THIS WAS MY "BABY" YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE I WOULD PROTECT IT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW AND I WOULD SCREEN ANYONE WANTING TO ENTER THE "ADOPTION PROCESS". THESE GUYS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SOMEONE MAY DO WITH THEIR "BABY" (INITIALLY) BUT THE SCREENING PROCESS HELPS GIVE THEM INSIGHT INTO THE REASON(S) WHY A COLLECTOR WANTS A BRUCE NTT FOR THEIR COLLECTION. THIS WAY IF THEY SUSPECT ANYONE OF WANTING TO RECAST THE BRUCE NTT THEY'LL STOP THE PROCESS BEFORE ANY DAMAGE CAN BE DONE SAVING THEM BOTH TIME AND MONEY FROM HAVING TO LEGALLY PURSUE A PERSON FOR VIOLATING THE 1976 COPYRIGHT ACT.

So in closing I'll address the "naysayers" here......take the time you're spending complaining about something you don't fully understand and put your time and effort into something productive. If you feel the need to continue whining and negatively speculating about a process you choose not to invest a few minutes of your precious time into (like I have to discover how easy and safe it really is) then take a little snack break and fix yourself a plate of cheese..........it's quite good with the bottles of "whine" you've been serving the rest of us! Nuff Said! :gah:

Last edited:
I'm sorry if you think that a collector & consumer asking legit questions on why a person needs to send his, or her mailing address & phone number to join (a stranger's, blocked by the general public and is run from Beijing China) fan forum for ordering a piece of art is whining.

I completely understand Fred and Mike's need in carefully screening people so that they minimize their chances of this thing falling into the wrong hands and being recast.......and yes you CAN screen people to minimize recasting.

They can screen who gets what Bruce piece when they actually send them out. It was written that each piece is made custom for the buyer. So that is how to keep track on which piece is being re-casted, if that happens and i hope that it doesn't.

This should be done through the actual sale. Not to join a fan forum to see what the piece is all about and how much it is.

If this is what the owner of the site is telling you, the reason for the site to be blocked from the general public & to get people's personal home addresses & phone numbers to just join a fan forum to look at info on buying this Bruce the shark piece, then all the best to you and to others who gave out their personal info.

I'm sorry if you think that a collector & consumer asking legit questions on why a person needs to send his, or her mailing address & phone number to join (a stranger's, blocked by the general public and is run from Beijing China) fan forum for ordering a piece of art is whining.

Asking questions is one thing. Mixing your questions within the context of slanderous libel to satisfy your own disappointment over not being comfortable enough to complete a simple marketing survey and a screening process is a completely different approach that sounds a lot like a axe grinding. Its always best to have an ounce of fact instead of a lot of speculation before announcing heresy. Wouldn't you agree old chum?

i think your questions have been answered thoroughly by reevefan78 and then some. A truly legit question is why you still sound bewildered.

They can screen who gets what Bruce piece when they actually send them out. It was written that each piece is made custom for the buyer. So that is how to keep track on which piece is being re-casted, if that happens and i hope that it doesn't.

This should be done through the actual sale. Not to join a fan forum to see what the piece is all about and how much it is.

If this is what the owner of the site is telling you, the reason for the site to be blocked from the general public & to get people's personal home addresses & phone numbers to just join a fan forum to look at info on buying this Bruce the shark piece, then all the best to you and to others who gave out their personal info.

Without providing a mailing address its doubtful you'll get anything shipped in the mail. Its also doubtful you'll be buying one if you aren't willing to provide mailing info. If you aren't willing to provide a mailing address and/or a phone number than you probably aren't someone Shark City Ozark or Operation Orca can trust as a reliable customer. Trust is usually a two way street. if you think it "should be" done another way, then please start your own site and do it the way you think it "should be" done. Always room for more collectibles out there.:gandalf_w

Shouldn't you get a mailing address when the sale is done? Not to just have a potential buyer have to give out personal information before hand? When I joined any other site that sells a product, I usually give the mailing info when I actually purchase something from them. Not before hand.

But.... Listen, if this is the way that you want to do business, then all of the best to you. You're in charge of your product and you only see what you want too. I had a few legitimate questions, which you seem to tap dance around the answers too, and that's fine. You answered them the best way that you could.

I truly would of loved to order one of these. I hope that you change your mind and really look at your selling procedure.

All the best.

"Asking legit" questions is one thing but making insinuations about a person(s) you know nothing about and shining a negative light on what you perceive as their motives for their chosen M.O. is quite another beast altogether......especially when these gentlemen you are referring to are as close to me as my own brothers.....closer even!

What's so wrong about living in China? Do you even know what Fred does there for a living or are you just assuming to know? My wife's niece and husband are moving to China next year to take up teaching positions there for a few years. Believe me I've met nicer people from China than I have in my own backyard here in the U.S. so location has NOTHING to do with whether a person is legit or not!

Perhaps you have seen a few too many conspiracy movies. Anytime I have to purchase something online (and I've done so from remote corners of this world) I am asked for my name, address, phone number......personal information......etc. In fact, now that I think about it I had to give out personal information just to join this forum........and I would imagine you did too!

:yess:

Sounds to me like you may have commitment issues. If someone is going to commit to spending time in their life (time I might add that they will NEVER get back, time away from his Wife and Children) working on a hand made specially commissioned maquette for you (a complete stranger to him) don't you think you can reciprocate and show some commitment by giving them a mailing address so that it's sent to you and not someone else?

If memory serves me correctly (and I think it does) I had to fill out mailing information and pay in full prior to receiving my Sideshow Bruce Maquette......so what's your point?

I think "captquint" hit the nail on the proverbial head when he stated, "Mixing your questions within the context of slanderous libel to satisfy your own disappointment over not being comfortable enough to complete a simple marketing survey and a screening process is a completely different approach that sounds a lot like an axe grinding.".....BEAUTIFUL......COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER "CAPTQUINT"!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back