NOPE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the complete lack of discussing, or even mentioning of this movie is a clue that nobody cared enough to see it. Or maybe the people that saw it thought so little of it that it wasn't worth bringing up.

I see that it hit torrents sites today and I'm not even interested in watching it for free.

I think Jordan Peele is a great comedic talent, but I don't think he's the "auteur" everyone declared him to be after the success of Get Out. His Twilight Zone revival was excrutiatingly bad, not to mention flagrantly racist.

Not even the 10,000th rip off of the infamous "AKIRA slide" could get me to watch this movie.

silly premise , badly miscast , but good effects in finale.

i actually enjoyed the movie. Was is great and amazing? Nope. Was it fun and enjoyable? For me I found it fun and didn’t leave feeling jilted. I also live in a place where the Tuesday matinee only costs $5. That cheap entertainment for a couple of hours worth of movie. I got my money’s worth.

The lack of effort for the films title legit has me not wanting to see this…
Despite me being a huge SciFi fan.

I was put off by the first scene, held the right arrow key and skipped forward at high speed. I stopped at various places to see what was going on, then watched the ending. The end was very unsatisfying.

I saw one of the chapter titles was 'Clover', so wondered if there was some Cloverfield connection. There kind of was, but Nope was no Cloverfield.

I liked Nope. It had a few interesting themes and played with my expectations. All the way through you think you have it sussed, then it literally unravels into something you didnt expect. Did I enjoy it (I watched it twice, once alone, then with a Friend), Yes. Was it the best film this year? Nope!

I thought it was pretty good, it was much more horror than I expected, the main scenes have really good tension and I thought it was quite creative. The stuff around that I can't say worked all that well but I do think it's a pretty great concept. Also is a really good use of the surround sound.

Watched this last night. Total waste of time. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I watched the scene with Keith David. Then the sister came on and she was very annoying. I skipped to the chimp scene because I heard it was shocking (it wasn't). I skimmed around for the monster scenes. That's it. Well, at least it's one of the few flicks that tried a "Biblically Accurate Angel" internet meme design, but it ended up looking like a sillier Eva Angel. Still, props for that.

Funny… that’s exactly what I said when I saw the price to rent it.

5FC85CCD-68BF-4626-A78A-AD3CC41CF216.png

Back