Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy (BB/TDK/TDKR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You talking about the viral??

I think it had something to do with the marketing campaign, IIRC. Something to do with the "I believe in Hervey website." Anyways, I was keeping up with all the news and the latest developments, and like a week before the film came out, I got an email from the joker/WB, inviting me to an early screening somewhere in the Orlando area. I remember the email had some blood on it....I think, and there was some kind of joke about the clothing/masks we could wear or not wear. Anyway, I couldn't go because I had to take my Aunt to the airport. I've always wondered what went on in that screening and if they gave the people some souvenirs. I wonder if I still have the email? I never erased it, but I don't know if Yahoo erases them.

I think it had something to do with the marketing campaign, IIRC. Something to do with the "I believe in Hervey website." Anyways, I was keeping up with all the news and the latest developments, and like a week before the film came out, I got an email from the joker/WB, inviting me to an early screening somewhere in Orlando area. I remember the email had some blood on it....I think, and something there was some kind of joke about the clothing. Anyway, I couldn't go because I had to take my Aunt to the airport. I wonder if I still have the email? I never erased it, but I don't know if Yahoo erases them.

I knew it! :rock :rock :rock

I was so in deep with the viral. I followed it from the begging. I was giving out my address and email every time a new site popped up. I got Gotham newspapers sent to my house along with Harvey Dent posters 'from Harvey.' I also got a burned 'Vote for Harvey' pin sent to my house as a warning from the Joker. :lol :rock When I was in undergrad, I met up with the Harvey Dent bus and 'campaigned' with the 42E 'ninjas' (the ones that made the whole viral ARG) the day of my interview for professional school. I showed up in a three piece suit and everyone thought I was part of the 'show'. (I was like 'nope, just have an interview in a few hours and wanted to stop by.") :rotfl They gave me shirts, bumper stickers, A LOT. :lol :rock I have a whole box full.

If you want some pics, I can post them. I kept all of the pics, even my IMAX digital ticket stub from the 'Joker'. I got so much stuff from that viral. And then, it ended with the IMAX sneak premiere. :rock That was my first (AND BY FAR BEST) IMAX experience. That opening scene is the best scene in IMAX I've ever seen. It still blows me away. There has never been a campaign like that ever, ever, ever, IMO. Some people say the Tron 2 ARG was better....but nah. I disagree. (The ASM one was really fun too. I have some cool stories about that one.)

Ugh. I'm so happy when people talk about that time. I feel like no one remembers. Props to you, sir. :rock :rock :rock

Here's a photo I took that I submitted that the Joker got a hold of and them reposted on the site. :lol

(Pardon the quality - this is from 10 years ago. Cameras/jpegs were only 'so nice.')

Attachments

• BatmanJokerized3.jpg
    BatmanJokerized3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 146
That's cool. I remember the Harvey bus...there was even a little map, so you could keep up with the stops. :lol I think that must have been the first time the internet was used to that extent to promote a movie and interact with the fans. There were clues and things showing up at different locations too. :)

I'm suprised that WB didn't announce a 10th aniversary Bluray with all the Ledger behind the scenes footage. They are sitting on hours of footage, and don't release it. Why? :dunno

^^ If I'm not mistaken, I remember Nolan mentioning he wouldn't release any extra footage of Ledger out of respect for him.

A couple of things I wanted to jot down:

- If you notice, Alfred doesn't seem to age (maybe he secretly uses the Lazarus pit, LOL)
- I would've liked to have seen a bit more detective work from Batman.
- I wonder once Robin takes over for Batman, it'd continue a la Batman Beyond or I wonder if he'd adopt "Nightwing"
- I wanted to see a literal bloody and beaten Batman

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up"

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne, as a man I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored, I can be destroyed, but as a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting."

"One day you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you’d be spared your pain."

"Is Gordon your only friend?"
"I don't have the luxury of friends."

"I never knew, I don't know. I swear to god - "
"SWEAR TO ME!"

"I never said thank you."
"And you'll never have to."

I want to meet Christopher Nolan someday and personally thank him for Batman Begins.

Back