No Brown Shipper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R4ZORBL4DE

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just received my Hot Toys Obi-Wan FROM SIDESHOW and I was a little surprised that it came shipped in a regular Brown Box (with Sideshow shipping tape) stuffed with brown packing paper.

Inside the brown box was the Obi-Wan box with NO brown shipper and not wrapped in plastic like all the OTHER figures come shipped.
One other thing was that Obi-Wan's brown belt was missing.

I am a little disappointed in this.

Is this something that happens? (Shipped in a regular brown box rather than the brown SHIPPER ? ) :huh

I plan on calling later on today.

-R4ZORBL4DE

That sounds very odd and not like Sideshow at all. Definitely call and talk to customer service.

That sounds very odd and not like Sideshow at all. Definitely call and talk to customer service.

Oh, I find it VERY odd.. I was a bit shocked.

At first, when I saw the BIG BROWN shipping box I was like, " Oh, They are double boxing them now " .. Then I opened it up and the Obi-Wan box was inside surrounded by brown packing paper ...

:gah:

Sideshow sometimes will repackage into a custom box and toss the shipper if it was damaged. It has happened to me a few times. They are usually returns they "inspect" and send back out, hence your missing piece probably got lost somewhere along the line. I would request a complete new piece. All mine that came like that were returned as they had other issues(which is why they were returned the first time). They just hope they finally get to someone with lower standards.

It's a game of returning hot potato.

The next step is to return it, with the PF wrapped in brown paper and covered in mailing tape, with no box. Sideshow then returns the PF just covered in tape.

The loser receives powdered polystone in an envelope.

It sounds like it was missing its belt so there's that...

It sounds like it was missing its belt so there's that...

Ah yeah....just saw that reading back.
That's not on to be fair...wouldn't like to think I was paying top dollar for a second hand figure.

The brown shipper = top dollar

tumblr_mv3sg9YLD31qadbq2o5_r1_250.gif

I don't envy Sideshow having to deal with these kinds of people. Just a missing belt really. Get them to send the belt.

Which is what I did.
They are sending a new belt ( which makes me happy with it )

I would think you would be disappointed if you paid $200+ on a figure and it wasn't complete.

With the BROWN SHIPPER issue, i was merely wondering if this was common practice being taht all my other figures came shipped in the brown shipper

Yep could be $200 or $2.00 if I pay for a brand new and complete item I expect it to be brand new and compete...strange that anyone could disagree with a pretty natural and straightforward expectation...

Yep could be $200 or $2.00 if I pay for a brand new and complete item I expect it to be brand new and compete...strange that anyone could disagree with a pretty natural and straightforward expectation...

Sideshow threw away the useless brown shipper so you don't have to open up 3 boxes just to get your expensive toy out of the boxes. and figure a way to fit in your bin to discard them.

you paid top dollar Sideshow gave you top service and saved you alot of hassle.

be grateful to Sideshow.

I received the Captain Marvel PF from them today and it didn't have the normal brown shipper. It came in a generic cardboard box.

:dunno

Sideshow threw away the useless brown shipper so you don't have to open up 3 boxes just to get your expensive toy out of the boxes. and figure a way to fit in your bin to discard them.

you paid top dollar Sideshow gave you top service and saved you alot of hassle.

be grateful to Sideshow.

???? Uhm...I have never received anything but great service from Sideshow and nothing like this, fortunately has ever happened to me...just saying that if it had happened to me, just like the OP I would not be happy about it...????

???? Uhm...I have never received anything but great service from Sideshow and nothing like this, fortunately has ever happened to me...just saying that if it had happened to me, just like the OP I would not be happy about it...????

Don't pay attention to him, he has a screw loose.

Back