Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What he said. Wait for the new New 3DS (ffs Nintendo :lol). No reason to buy one now with new hardware on the way, unless you really, really want to play Smash.

They are making a more powerful new 3DS system next year. I would wait for that.

What he said. Wait for the new New 3DS (ffs Nintendo :lol). No reason to buy one now with new hardware on the way, unless you really, really want to play Smash.

Thanks! I didn't know, yeah I just checked it out and it's worth the wait since the current one I own is a XL.

I'm liking the look of the "New 3DS" models. I'm sure there is a reason, but I wish the "New 3DS XL" had the same Super Famicon inspired colored buttons of the "New 3DS". It looks like it does get the same font color for the letters, but curious as to why the buttons themselves aren't in the appropriate colors. Only downside I see right now between models, as I will more than likely pick up the "New" XL model at some point in the future.

Good reviews, bad reviews. I've put in 10 hours on a demo with 5 characters and one stage, no way I do anything but adore this game. :lol

So psyched for Friday.

What all is the new 3ds good for? I don't want to wait for it and the new features only work for a few games that I might not even be interested in.

It has improved 3D and more memory I believe. I know that Smash Bros can't post to Miiverse on the original 3DS but can on the NEW since it has more memory. So technically future games could be more powerful and only work on the NEW. The NEW also has the 2nd analog stick and 2 extra buttons built in so more companies may choose to use those features.

Other than that it's mostly cosmetic.

You can use the 2nd analog stick on the new 3DS in Smash Bros. but the circle pad pro on the old 3DS won't work with it. Xenoblade will only work on the new 3DS.

Debating on waiting or getting a zelda xl. Better 3d don't matter really as I usually have it off. Amiibo work right away with new as well, current will need an adaptor I believe.

Debating on waiting or getting a zelda xl. Better 3d don't matter really as I usually have it off. Amiibo work right away with new as well, current will need an adaptor I believe.

I've heard the "adaptor" is actually doing it through the Wii U. Seems like a pain.

I do have Link preordered through Amazon though to try it when they are released.

Nice!

Anyone going to the midnight release at Gamestop? I'm thinking about it. Any freebies that are given away at these things?

Picked up Smash Bros! LOVE IT!!! So awesome. :rock

So far my favorite character is Link, but literally, have only played as 4 or 5 characters so far. The worst of the bunch was Pikachu. :lol

Back