NHL 2009-2010 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price signs for 2 years.
I bet this guy would leave Montreal in a heartbeat, even for a loser team like the Leafs, or worse, the Flyers.

for a loser team like the Leafs, or worse, the Flyers.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-_7mlN_MQ1c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-_7mlN_MQ1c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

WTH was he thinking?:D

Price signs for 2 years.
I bet this guy would leave Montreal in a heartbeat, even for a loser team like the Leafs, or worse, the Flyers.

I couldnt believe Niemi got only 2 mill....

I think your your right, Price was ready to hold out and new he had the Habs by the short and curlys. Just dont think he can handle Mtl and soon as things go bad again, he will lose it once more. I think at the end of the season last year he put up a good guy front just to ensure they woudl trade Halak.

I couldnt believe Niemi got only 2 mill....

I think your your right, Price was ready to hold out and new he had the Habs by the short and curlys. Just dont think he can handle Mtl and soon as things go bad again, he will lose it once more. I think at the end of the season last year he put up a good guy front just to ensure they woudl trade Halak.

I am so fed up of people constantly talking about Price's "pedigree". In my mind, pedigree means zip if your team's second goalie wins twice as many games as you. If Price were playing for any other team, he would have been sent to the minors a long time ago for some refreshing. Right now, Price is an overpriced goaltender.

I am so fed up of people constantly talking about Price's "pedigree". In my mind, pedigree means zip if your team's second goalie wins twice as many games as you. If Price were playing for any other team, he would have been sent to the minors a long time ago for some refreshing. Right now, Price is an overpriced goaltender.

I think they should have kept Halak and traded Price, think Habs brass was to stubborn to trade him.

I think they should have kept Halak and traded Price, think Habs brass was to stubborn to trade him.

Big time hard headed on this issue. I don't think there's a single hockey connoisseur out there who doesn't believe that Price will bolt at the first opportunity. He will show zip loyalty to the franchise for all the (unmerited, imo) praise and playing opportunity.

5000+ line up to get $20 autographs from Halak over the weekend.
At least 100k raised for charity. Not bad for a few hours work.
I wonder what kind of lineup Price would have attracted.

Seriously, do any Habs fans still have faith in Price? From the Montreal sports radio I listened Friday it doesn't seem like many.

Then again, it is a "special" breed of fan that actually calls into sports radio. The Boston stations have some real Rhodes Scholars who call in.:rolleyes2

Seriously, do any Habs fans still have faith in Price? From the Montreal sports radio I listened Friday it doesn't seem like many.

Then again, it is a "special" breed of fan that actually calls into sports radio. The Boston stations have some real Rhodes Scholars who call in.:rolleyes2

The ire felt by Habs fans is that Price has done zip to merit the #1 goalie position. What's worse, is that he's been handed that job undeservedly twice, and lost it twice, deservedly. Meanwhile, the one goalie who showed up most evenings to save his butt was sent packing.

Price plays/talks like the conn smythe trophy is merely a formality and that all he needs to do is pick out the paint color for his sacred corner in the hockey hall of fame. Everyone keeps waiting for something to happen. Meanwhile, he continues to get millions of dollars in salary and doesn't really have to compete for his position. How often do you hear of things like that in pro sports?

Anyway, it's not like Habs fans don't see potential... However, that's all it is and has been for years... potential... unrealized potential. Habs fans would love nothing more than to be proven wrong. If he doesn't make a diffrence this year, I can't see him lasting. The fans feel no warmth for him at all. It's almost like they want him to fail.

Back