NHL 2009-2010 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For you Jersey(not the state) fanatics does Reebok have two different authentic lines? I just ordered a 52 on ebay which is the same as all my others and it is absolutely huge. :gah:

There's only the Premier which is the replica, and the Edge which is authentic.

Most people complained about Edge jerseys running small though. I like my jerseys big so I ordered a 56, I found that it ran much smaller than the old authentic jerseys.

Starting this fall Reebok is releasing Edge 2.0 to retailers. Players have been using this version since last year if I'm not mistaken.

There's only the Premier which is the replica, and the Edge which is authentic.

Most people complained about Edge jerseys running small though. I like my jerseys big so I ordered a 56, I found that it ran much smaller than the old authentic jerseys.

Starting this fall Reebok is releasing Edge 2.0 to retailers. Players have been using this version since last year if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks man. :duff

I got duped on a few jersey's before I realized people were selling knockoffs. Thankfully they were no where near retail. The overall quality was pretty good actually, but its kinda like owning a recast :lol

I still own them and have no plans on trashing them because of it, but I know better now as to what to look for when buying especially off evilbay....

For you Jersey(not the state) fanatics does Reebok have two different authentic lines? I just ordered a 52 on ebay which is the same as all my others and it is absolutely huge. :gah:

Like Praxitas said (will get to your PM as I just saw it) there are two types of hockey jerseys. The real deal and the Chinese knock offs. You can tell by the thickness. The fact the fakes are made out of 100 percent polyester and you sweat like a MoFo in them. I know, I bought a Sidney Crosby fake, and the only fake jersey in my collection. It does not breathe at all. It sucks! No, not because it's a Crosby jersey, but because of the fabric. The way the stitching on the numbers is shown as illustrated on vs. being actual stitching. Some knock offs are better than others. You can also tell by the lack of smoothness. They are usually thinner and lighter material than the real deal. Then again the Reebok Edge version 2.0's are pretty light to begin with. You can actually get the real McCoy jerseys three different ways. The highest end that the NHLers wear complete with fighting strap at 279.99 Cdn, Semi-pro with no fighting strap and no added padding on the shoulders and elbows for 179.99 Cdn, and the cheapest of the cheap end, which is around 79.99 Cdn. At this point the Chinese knock offs are a better value. They are very cheaply made, but with those knock offs, you do sweat like a _____ in them. Oh, and speaking of the devils, there's your Chinese knock offs that come usually with a player name and numbers pre-stitched and a fighting strap for as little as 49.99 Cdn.

I only buy game worn jerseys. They come directly from the club or through Meigray.com which is the only and sole provider of most NHL, and other sports league jerseys. Some teams like the Manitoba Moose do their own game worn patches and keep you in their system to make sure nobody is selling a fake or a stolen jersey of yours. Each jersey is numbered and goes into their computer systems, which is what Meigray does. Once a jersey is sold to a perspective buyer, that person(s) has his/her/their name(s) is then recorded within the database. Usually if it's a team thing, the Equipment Manager and General Manager sign off your LOA (Letter of Authenticity), but in Meigray's case, it's the CEO and creator of Meigray and someone from the NHL (I forget who, and am too lazy to check my stuff) who signs those jerseys that are done via the NHL and Meigray.

Buy game worn because they hold their value and often go up depending on the rarity of the jersey, the significance behind the jersey and the game it was in, the play it was involved in, and most importantly, who wore it. Also there is paper work that backs up the legitimacy. Never buy a pro hockey jersey as those go for way too much, and we all know how faulty and dishonest evilbay can be. Plus, you get to own a piece of hockey history by buying a game worn. Why make a player jersey of your choice when you can buy the jersey off that player's back? :rock

https://www.meigray.com Each NHL team has a bunch of game worn jerseys and equipment available to buy. Some nobodys and your occasionally superstars. They have had anywhere from your Roests, Boogards, Haywards to your Lemieuxs, Gretzkys, and Crosbys. Usually they have great Summer sales and if you're lucky they may have one going on now. You can pick up some good game worns for almost the price of a blank pro jersey. Of course the players are usually nobody's. Nothing more than a call-up from the minors or at the very best, a bottom line or pairing player.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
To add to Eli's post another way to tell if its a knockoff is the size of the jersey can really really vary from being very big or small.

Here's a more popular jersey knockoff site - https://www.borntrade.net/Product/nsort81-1.html

Like Eli said their prices are unbeatable, but your not getting the real deal. Didn't mean to turn this into a real vs fake jersey thread because you said you were certain it was real, but if anyone else is looking at getting a jersey at least you now have some tips. :lecture

To add to Eli's post another way to tell if its a knockoff is the size of the jersey can really really vary from being very big or small.

Here's a more popular jersey knockoff site - https://www.borntrade.net/Product/nsort81-1.html

Like Eli said their prices are unbeatable, but your not getting the real deal. Didn't mean to turn this into a real vs fake jersey thread because you said you were certain it was real, but if anyone else is looking at getting a jersey at least you now have some tips. :lecture

The way I see it if you're not going to be wearing these jerseys a lot besides for the odd hockey game outing or watching at a friend's place (do make sure his/her place is cool because they suck for breathing), you are better off buying the knock offs. Once you get the name and number on your jersey it will cost you around 400 bucks. Money you'll never get back. For me, it makes more sense to buy game worn jerseys because you rarely lose your money on them. It's a piece of history you're owning, and sometimes you can get deals that are close to an actual legit player jersey you had made. Unless of course you're getting a Crosby and/or Ovechkin jersey, because I seen those range from 12,500 to 47,500 in price. lol

I got a WC Sidney Crosby for 40$ on scambay, It looks like Stevie Wonder stitched on the patches....

But for 40$, what do you want

Isn't capsule sportif supposed to have its annual 50% off everything sale?
I got a couple great sweaters last year for great prices.

Dude, i will buy fakes if they look good enough, ____ it!..especially if they are white(away), who wants to wear around a $200 jersey and spill beer and other ____ on it?.

I found a lot of fakes that are really nice and made better then authentic, stronger and less likely to rip as easy. I also heard a few stories about guys ordering replicas off NHL.com and the POS thing comes with iron on plastic numbers/letters, thats messed up.

Here is a thread over at HF Boards discussing fakes.

https://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=735628&page=40

Dude, i will buy fakes if they look good enough, ____ it!..especially if they are white(away), who wants to wear around a $200 jersey and spill beer and other ____ on it?.

I found a lot of fakes that are really nice and made better then authentic, stronger and less likely to rip as easy. I also heard a few stories about guys ordering replicas off NHL.com and the POS thing comes with iron on plastic numbers/letters, thats messed up.

Here is a thread over at HF Boards discussing fakes.

https://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=735628&page=40

I said the same thing, but some of them are sooooooooo badly done, I returned my first Malkin, the Penguin was like 7 inches to low, looked retarded

____ yea, i hear ya there.

I have seen some really crappy ones and some really nice ones(Capitals and Red Wings). You run a risk when ordering, i guess you just have to go by what seller is best to deal with through other buyers feedback.

I have one fake, its a Crosby home jersey sans le Cup patch. Looks great but, only issue i have is the front crest looks a hair off center.

Its funny, cuz at Habs games, there were never alot of fans sporting jerseys, and this year there were tons!!! When you sit behind them in the stands you can tell they are 90% fake. The Habs even had an annoucements on the jumbotron during intermission, that they would give you a signed had a GC for teh shop of 50$ if you turned one in, hahahaha

Its funny, cuz at Habs games, there were never a lot of fans sporting jerseys, and this year there were tons!!! When you sit behind them in the stands you can tell they are 90% fake. The Habs even had an announcements on the jumbo tron during intermission, that they would give you a signed had a GC for the shop of 50$ if you turned one in, hahahaha

That last sentence made no sense. Anyway, I corrected some errors, but explain yourself. My understanding is they would give you a signed jersey and a 50 dollar Gift card in the shop if you returned a fake in? :monkey1

That last sentence made no sense. Anyway, I corrected some errors, but explain yourself. My understanding is they would give you a signed jersey and a 50 dollar Gift card in the shop if you returned a fake in? :monkey1

The Habs brass may be a lot of things but freebie jersey givers, they are not. They thrive on charging through the nose for merchandise. Also, why would they suddenly allow cheap knock-offs to be be used as cash to buy authentic product... lol

This didn't really happen, Deez?

:D

Why does the Jersey have to be "real".......??
What's the big deal?

I could give a crap. It was just the size thing that irked me. I will have to gain 100 pounds and grow another foot for one of mine to fit right.

I will just wear it one day when I don't feel like wearing pants.

Back