1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone else watches Terry’s Saturdays Live posing videos, but the one from yesterday he did allude to more figures being announced for May 4th ( we know) but… he said in the past that one of them would never be made wonder what that one is… Jar Jar? Lol

Glad he's back to doing these, he's great at posing.

Looking back at our last few May 4ths...

TBB Echo
Stormtrooper Commander
Mando with Blurgg
Blurgg
Grogu

2022 (AoTC year)
B1 Battle Droid
Clone Trooper
Clone Pilot
R2
C3-PO

TCW Darth Sideous
Commander Fox

Glad he's back to doing these, he's great at posing.

Looking back at our last few May 4ths...

TBB Echo
Stormtrooper Commander
Mando with Blurgg
Blurgg
Grogu

2022 (AoTC year)
B1 Battle Droid
Clone Trooper
Clone Pilot
R2
C3-PO

TCW Darth Sideous
Commander Fox
Hope this year's announcements will be better than last year's.

I got both of last year's figures and it was still disappointing for me lol

Especially with how much we got in 21 and 22.

Not sure if anyone else watches Terry’s Saturdays Live posing videos, but the one from yesterday he did allude to more figures being announced for May 4th ( we know) but… he said in the past that one of them would never be made wonder what that one is… Jar Jar? Lol

Bet you its Anakin with that Jedi Fighter. Bet you bet you bet you.

Because thats what we need! We got two upcoming Anakins so why not a third.

Meanwhile no Wolffe, no Imp Cody or no Imp Crosshair. Fives, no. Commando, no. None of that nonsense.

A May 4th I could get excited about:

Fives (with head sculpt)
Wolffe (with head sculpt)
Howzer (with head sculpt)
General Veers
Wedge Antilles
Cal Kestis

A May 4th I'm expecting:

Generic Clone Commando
TPM B1 Battle Droid Commander
Chrome Purge Trooper
Porcelain Snow Trooper
Watto

I saw someone post a preview image of the Clone Commando on insta inn their stories, looked like a hunter repaint unfortunately.
That's exactly what they're going to do. Hunter's armor is the closest to the general commando's armor. They're just going to take those moulds and paint them accordingly with a new helmet and that'll be it. $270, enjoy your boring trooper that isn't Scorch.

That's exactly what they're going to do. Hunter's armor is the closest to the general commando's armor. They're just going to take those moulds and paint them accordingly with a new helmet and that'll be it. $270, enjoy your boring trooper that isn't Scorch.
I have made a few custom commandos and I don't know if I could justify it. I know its technically accurate to the show but the games are still real to me Dang-it!

Bet you its Anakin with that Jedi Fighter. Bet you bet you bet you.

Because thats what we need! We got two upcoming Anakins so why not a third.

Meanwhile no Wolffe, no Imp Cody or no Imp Crosshair. Fives, no. Commando, no. None of that nonsense.
Never know! I absolutely love that ship but it would be way too big for me. I’m waiting for a Lego UCS version.

1000020486.jpg

Urgh, Hunter repaint indeed.

Guess we gotta 3D our own accurate commandos

View attachment 700314

Urgh, Hunter repaint indeed.

Guess we gotta 3D our own accurate commandos

We know where this leak is from?

Just doesn't look like an official preview photo that HT would have when they put the figure up. It looks like a picture a reviewer would take after getting the figure.

I hope so, because this is incredibly lazy and a Hunter repaint just doesn't work for the CC's. I also would rather have a clean white Commando first.

We know where this leak is from?

Just doesn't look like an official preview photo that HT would have when they put the figure up. It looks like a picture a reviewer would take after getting the figure.

I hope so, because this is incredibly lazy and a Hunter repaint just doesn't work for the CC's. I also would rather have a clean white Commando first.
I saw it posted elsewhere so don't know the source. I hope it is fake (image of someones custom) but based on the official image from that mag that showed the real HT figure it seems to match up.

I saw someone post a preview image of the Clone Commando on insta inn their stories, looked like a hunter repaint unfortunately.

I know HT’s likes to be slick with re-using bases but have they ever lazily repainted a figure of something else and passed it off as a different character like that? Isn’t their whole thing accuracy?

I know this is standard for Hasbro toys but yeah, I can’t recall Hot Toys being this egregious with the laziness.

I saw it posted elsewhere so don't know the source. I hope it is fake (image of someones custom) but based on the official image from that mag that showed the real HT figure it seems to match up.

Ahh gotcha! Yeah I saw it start popping up in my feed and reddit has a whole discussion on it too.

I'm really hoping it is someone's custom, they're going to get a lot of negative press for this. They've fixed a few things in the past (most notably, the recent improvements to 2099 Spider-Man from ATSV).

I'm a sucker and will still order it though lmao.

Back