1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be cool.
460722-PNG-image.png

Anyone else feel like HotToys has really slowed down new figure announcements?

Yeah it does feel that way. The collectibles market in general has really slowed down though so they seem to be adjusting accordingly.

Hot Toys is pretty good at that, even if they make missteps and overcorrect sometimes.

Though I don’t think I’ve seen them make so many course corrections over such a relatively short period of time. But it is a tumultuous time we’re in.

Is HT still reliant on Sideshow for the Star Wars license?

At this point I’d be surprised if that were the case. It’s been such a long time. I’d expect Hot Toys to have negotiated a deal in their best interest.

And I’d imagine whatever deal Sideshow has to be their distributor for multiple markets would be more important to them anyway.

Last edited:
Probably already been mentioned before but I'm not looking back through 486 pages to check lol

But I would love for them to go back & do s few more clone wars animated characters & in particular I'd do many, MANY unspeakable things to have a Barriss Offee & Luminara Unduli.

Not likely I know but I can dream, can't I?

Neil

New trooper 2 pack is possible, plus obviously the officer. Those troopers and the all important blue guy are likely the only characters from episode 6 specifically I predict will get figures. Still, 3-4 figures from one episode alone is a good amount.

Previous episode offered a greater number of potential figures: 2-3 versions of that popular PT guy (4 if you count the helmeted look seen briefly), 2-3 versions of the main lead Ahsoka, reg troopers phase 1 and 2, 501st troopers phase 1 and 2, 332nd phase 2 and Rex phase 1 and 2 all being possible choices for HT to pump out.

All those plus the early episode options (Baylan, Shin, Marrok, Hera, Chopper, Huyang and the already announced Sabine plus maybe long hair Sabine) will make for a vast figure line should HT decide to start going deep.

If HT go the more conservative route (stupid move IMHO given the fan response and toyetic nature of the characters), I think the announced Sabine may also be acompanied by Ahsoka the white, Baylan and new officer trooper. Possibly Marrok, Shin and basic trooper too.

Whatever route HT go, they are gonna see many figure sales given the more positive response to the show (Kenobi and BOBF managed to sell figures even with the negativity so this show should have no issues).

Probably already been mentioned before but I'm not looking back through 486 pages to check lol

But I would love for them to go back & do s few more clone wars animated characters & in particular I'd do many, MANY unspeakable things to have a Barriss Offee & Luminara Unduli.

Not likely I know but I can dream, can't I?

Neil
I would love more specifically the 2003 Clone Wars based figures (since you know, it is the 20th anniversary of that). Imagine buff shirtless Kit Fisto, Asaaj Ventress, Armoured Sacee Tinn, Lancer Clone Trooper on speeder bike, Durge, Scuba Trooper, Alpha ARC troopers, Fordo Phase 2, Hawkbat Battalion clones.... the list goes on.

Hope that after Ahsoka buzz dies down we can see lots of Clone Wars figures (2003 and 2008 reboot). Unfortunately I predict the 2003 show will be neglected because we cant have nice things.

Do I need this guy or not:
View attachment 663505

I dont have another version. He would look really good next to Cody.

But that shelf is full! I need another detolf.
Yes. Yes you need him. Also get the Sideshow General Kenobi to stand next to him for both versions of armoured Kenobi. You know you wanna.

I enjoy Shin more and more every day. Her stance is also unique. I don't think the real actress stands and move that way. Both Baylan and him express so much with their body language.

Shin has a mannerism like she’s antsy but under control. I like the subtleness the actress give her character. I can’t see her getting any redemption nor see her turning on Baylan so I’m very curious about her outcome in 2 episodes.

Definitely picking up Captain Enoch as my my Stormie display piece though. He’s unique looking enough to be a one-off display.

I would love more specifically the 2003 Clone Wars based figures (since you know, it is the 20th anniversary of that). Imagine buff shirtless Kit Fisto, Asaaj Ventress, Armoured Sacee Tinn, Lancer Clone Trooper on speeder bike, Durge, Scuba Trooper, Alpha ARC troopers, Fordo Phase 2, Hawkbat Battalion clones.... the list goes on.
I'd love to see all of those.
An Asajj would be so good...also from the 2008 reboot Savage Opress to pair with the Darth Maul we already have would be a thing of dreams :)
Buff Kit Fisto lol 😂 😂 that would be something to see ;)

Hope that after Ahsoka buzz dies down we can see lots of Clone Wars figures (2003 and 2008 reboot). Unfortunately I predict the 2003 show will be neglected because we cant have nice things.
Yeah, would really like to see them go back & revisit where it all began, but as you say it's been quickly forgotten by many yet it still stands up as some of the finest Star Wars we ever had

Ah well, let's live in hope that we may see them one day

Neil

New trooper 2 pack is possible, plus obviously the officer. Those troopers and the all important blue guy are likely the only characters from episode 6 specifically I predict will get figures. Still, 3-4 figures from one episode alone is a good amount.

Previous episode offered a greater number of potential figures: 2-3 versions of that popular PT guy (4 if you count the helmeted look seen briefly), 2-3 versions of the main lead Ahsoka, reg troopers phase 1 and 2, 501st troopers phase 1 and 2, 332nd phase 2 and Rex phase 1 and 2 all being possible choices for HT to pump out.

All those plus the early episode options (Baylan, Shin, Marrok, Hera, Chopper, Huyang and the already announced Sabine plus maybe long hair Sabine) will make for a vast figure line should HT decide to start going deep.

If HT go the more conservative route (stupid move IMHO given the fan response and toyetic nature of the characters), I think the announced Sabine may also be acompanied by Ahsoka the white, Baylan and new officer trooper. Possibly Marrok, Shin and basic trooper too.

Whatever route HT go, they are gonna see many figure sales given the more positive response to the show (Kenobi and BOBF managed to sell figures even with the negativity so this show should have no issues).
I will be shocked if Hot Toys doesn't make Thrawn. He's a very popular character.

I wish they'd make an Edrio/Benthic Two Tubes figure and just take my money.

I'd also love to see some more random droids: HK-87, New Republic Security Droid, Zero.

I guess droids probably require more new tooling to manufacture, so probably a pipe dream for any but the most popular

I wish they'd make an Edrio/Benthic Two Tubes figure and just take my money.

I'd also love to see some more random droids: HK-87, New Republic Security Droid, Zero.

I guess droids probably require more new tooling to manufacture, so probably a pipe dream for any but the most popular
You will get a Thrawn and like it... :)

Back