1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm starting to get quite annoyed at how much focus Mando is getting. I love the show, don't get me wrong, but 13 of the last 17 SW releases over the last 30 weeks were Mando related. That's nearly 1 Mando release every 2 weeks for 7 months. Insane.

I did think yesterday that would be it from Hot Toys. SS might be making a week of it but for HT seems to be a one day event.

We'll probably see the two new Mando troopers on the booth tour later and nothing else.

Overall it's pretty disappointing. Love Kuiil and the Blurrg but nothing else showed much imagination on HT part.

Mando is now the biggest part of my 1/6 collection but to have nothing from the OT feels like a slap in the face. Without it none of the rest of these shows would exist.

A Bespin Han or C-3PO in amongst the sea of Mando reveals would have gone a long way to stop a big section of the fan base feeling disenfranchised.

Checking out the visual checklist on the forum and wow!!! The mandalorian line has an insane amount of figures for such a short period of time, basically a year and half since season 1. more releases than anh or farce awakens, which previously had the most figures (accumulated over several years). Crazy what hot toys can do in such a short period of time. Tuesday was a major figure dump so I don?t expect anything else this week. Maybe a teaser for mando Luke? Maybe they release cw kenobi to get the jump on the sideshow version or they just send him to abandoned prototype island?

It does seem excessive and I'm definitely in favor of more OT figures. But considering the present day and who is in charge at Lucasfilm/Disney I'm just thankful we are getting loads of Mandalorian stuff and not total garbage from the ST. The first two seasons of The Mandalorian were really fun, wildly popular, and did a fantastic job with characters both old and new. I consider it an extension of the OT in the same way I consider RO a prelude. As things currently sit I think we are probably unfortunately stuck getting a couple OT figs per year until the TV spinoffs start showing signs of struggling.

For OT Only collectors, its been a funds saving respite. For Mando fans, its been a retirement savings drain...

So far, for me, Kuiil is the only "must-have" of the announcements but it is definitely cool to see all of the other figures and sets that are hopefully to come.

With just Kuiil to consider, I can continue to save RPs to eventually use on previously announced figures (Bespin Lando and Hoth Luke) which haven't been preordered yet.

And kudos to Wor-Gar for his "Back to the Mando" line. Loved it!

I don't think there will be any more HT announcement this week. Hope to see Kuiil and Hunter next week. If they do 1 Bad Batch per month, we should have all 5 out by the end of the show. Honestly, they need to show fans that if they start releasing a team character, they can commit to finishing the team. Else, it will hurt their sales down the road.

Yeah, I'm starting to get quite annoyed at how much focus Mando is getting. I love the show, don't get me wrong, but 13 of the last 17 SW releases over the last 30 weeks were Mando related. That's nearly 1 Mando release every 2 weeks for 7 months. Insane.

We all know where this is headed. HT isn't gonna stop till they make Cowboy Mando. :lecture

luzzNjz.jpg

Starting to think back at previous SW week or day whatever, that HT just dumped all the releases at once and we never got anything later on. I am starting to think that is how this is going to play out. Just a few red herrings in there to get you to PO what they just put up.

If there's any saving grace here, it's gotta be this. The Bad Batch goes to what, mid June? End of June? And then there's nothing new in Star Wars for six months until the Book of Boba comes out. I guess we'll see a few more announcements trickle out...Kuill, Mando Luke, Artillery Trooper, and Hunter, but there's going to be a Star Wars slowdown. I'm not sure how much else they can possibly make for Mando that hasn't been announced or revealed yet. They'll probably save Fennec for Book of Boba, so maybe Koska Reeves would be the only other one they possible throw out there? Even she seems to have low odds at best.

Hopefully we get a few OT/PT surprises in there. Who knows what the holdup is with Bespin Han, so taking that one out of the equation, maybe we'll get something like Padme in the downtime.

We'll see. One can hope.

I was thinking maybe either HT or Sideshow might make a 1/6 Dark side character from TCW - Ventress, Dooku and Savage Opress are options. Sideshow doing an animated Dooku makes sense after the Anakin & Obi-Wan reveals. But probably the only new thing we'll see is the PF Vader.

Are my eyes deceiving me or is that a Grievous in the display for Revenge of the Fifth?

Almost got excited about that Grievous in the background... but not Hot Toys.

What is this? A Sideshow reissue?

They just fixed the terrible eyes from the original. I already did that.

Maybe because of the early June 2021 delivery window, SS expects Hot Toys to announce their own Grievous before end of year... aha!!!!

Last edited:
Yep no more HT reveals. Tomorrow just for Q&A and closer look at what is displayed at the booth. I bet that Mando Speeder never goes to PO.

Back