1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously can't get my head around why anyone would want figures from Andor. Which 2 pack would you rather have?

Rice Pudding....
rawImage.jpg

or a Mega Choc Triple Fudge Ice Cream Sundae?

Boush-and-Chewbacca.jpeg

I seriously can't get my head around why anyone would want figures from Andor. Which 2 pack would you rather have?

Rice Pudding....
rawImage.jpg

Boush-and-Chewbacca.jpeg
I have to admit, as much as I love Andor and the show has some great characters, there's only a few I'd probably get a figure of.

HT took a couple of swings on Chewies and (to be nice) fell a bit short. They should either do a high-quality version (if not for ROTJ 40th, then for the 50th anniversary of ANH in 2027) or get out of the way and let someone (like InArt) have the license to do it right.

Rice Pudding....
rawImage.jpg

Boush-and-Chewbacca.jpeg

I love rice pudding and I don’t care for chocolate. Which just goes to show how it’s all subjective.

Do I want Cassian and Kino more than Boushh, ROTJ Chewbacca, and pork pie back there? No. But they’re all on a list of figures I’d love to see which doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive.

I have to admit, as much as I love Andor and the show has some great characters, there's only a few I'd probably get a figure of.

I’m guessing those few probably would’ve been the ones Hot Toys made if they were going to anyway. I don’t think they’d make that many even in an ideal scenario.

Love the show just as many here do, but realistically it has more limited merchandise appeal to these companies than other Star Wars media.

Still want figures though!

get out of the way and let someone (like InArt) have the license to do it right.

Hot Toys would never voluntarily relinquish their Star Wars license and they’ve not given any reason for it to be taken from them. And we shouldn’t want that.

Hot Toys is far from perfect, but they’ve delivered a mostly well rounded line of figures at relatively decent value for money. Not only that, but regularly and consistently with wide availability.

InArt does remarkable work but they’d only make a few figures a year if that. And not everyone is going to be happy paying double or triple the price per figure and have to jump through the extra hoops to get them.

Many would be ecstatic to get InArt figures of the main characters. But if only InArt had the license, we’d lose out on everything else. Star Wars is far bigger than any license they have. They wouldn’t be able to meet the demand Star Wars fans have for secondary characters, troopers, aliens, droids, creatures, vehicles, etc.

I’m guessing those few probably would’ve been the ones Hot Toys made if they were going to anyway. I don’t think they’d make that many even in an ideal scenario.

Love the show just as many here do, but realistically it has more limited merchandise appeal to these companies than other Star Wars media.

Still want figures though!
Andor, Luthen, Dedra, Partagaz, Kino.
At this point it seems unlikely we'll get any.
Maybe from Season 2.

HT could have easily released their Andor version flashback Clone trooper (which they had the finished prototype of and even teased in AT-RT pics) or the Imperial Army trooper.... or the Deathtrooper... all easy trooper repaints pretty much, but they did not, nor did they do a Tie Pilot from Andor.

It seems they do not even want to do the toyetic troopers from the show. If we ever somehow get any main characters from the show it will likely be just Cassian with B2-EMO.

I love rice pudding and I don’t care for chocolate. Which just goes to show how it’s all subjective.

Do I want Cassian and Kino more than Boushh, ROTJ Chewbacca, and pork pie back there? No. But they’re all on a list of figures I’d love to see which doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Don't be so reasonable!

HT could have easily released their Andor version flashback Clone trooper (which they had the finished prototype of and even teased in AT-RT pics) or the Imperial Army trooper.... or the Deathtrooper... all easy trooper repaints pretty much, but they did not, nor did they do a Tie Pilot from Andor.

It seems they do not even want to do the toyetic troopers from the show. If we ever somehow get any main characters from the show it will likely be just Cassian with B2-EMO.

Not the show’s fault but just too many troopers sitting around for them to easily do any more at the moment unfortunately.

Do you like the new live action Clone Trooper armor? I know most are fine with it but I personally don’t care for it to the point that I don’t really want to buy figures based on it.

Not the show’s fault but just too many troopers sitting around for them to easily do any more at the moment unfortunately.

Do you like the new live action Clone Trooper armor? I know most are fine with it but I personally don’t care for it to the point that I don’t really want to buy figures based on it.
I do not mind the armour though prefer the ROTS armour. If the armour was more directly adapted from that but proportioned to fit a proper human I would love it but they made some unnecessary changes that just make it feel slightly inconsistent. Still cool trooper armour just not as good.

I do not mind the armour though prefer the ROTS armour. If the armour was more directly adapted from that but proportioned to fit a proper human I would love it but they made some unnecessary changes that just make it feel slightly inconsistent. Still cool trooper armour just not as good.

Yeah, cool but just not as good is accurate.

I really find the purely aesthetic changes baffling since they wouldn’t have any affect on the stunt performers.

I just wish someone had gone over it and done a consistency check to make sure it was more visually in line with the ROTS CG suit.

Yeah, cool but just not as good is accurate.

I really find the purely aesthetic changes baffling since they wouldn’t have any affect on the stunt performers.

I just wish someone had gone over it and done a consistency check to make sure it was more visually in line with the ROTS CG suit.
I think it is more Disney Lucasfilm putting their own stamp on it. Same happened with the Disney era Stormtrooper. Some alterations to make the suit more practical to wear and to fix symmetry but then they add completely unnecessary changes like altered buttons on the belly plate or the small hole and recessed line on the back plate. It is to differentiate their troopers from Lucas era ones.

Back