1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah 3P0 is basically the only surprise and that was teased earlier. A whole bunch of troopers which do nothing for me. Excited for everyone who wanted these, but no Padme is a meme at this point. And I have a feeling Mace is about to become the new Bespin Han

boring figures, with no human likenesses, so that they can come out with only a slight delay.

Also, funny how they point out that the Clone Trooper comes with the Phase 2 helmet from ROTS, except for the fact that there are no plain white clone troopers in that movie.

Nothing interesting. Not even one head sculpt. Finally a C3PO, and it’s the dirty one from my least favorite Star Wars movie. Let’s hope there’s better stuff at SW Celebration.

Nothing interesting. Not even one head sculpt. Finally a C3PO, and it’s the dirty one from my least favorite Star Wars movie. Let’s hope there’s better stuff at SW Celebration.
There might be. But it will likely join the graveyard on Sideshow's coming soon page. Today was a chance of actual preorders. Being shown at a convention unfortunately means very little.

My gut says that celebration is just gonna be reveals of more prototypes that wind up in the Hot Toys vault, with only a tease of Kenobi from Kenobi.

200.gif

Well, good thing I didn't hype myself up for anything... I'm still holding on for General Kenobi going up for PO though.

Of all the Star Wars movies for Hot Toys to finally care about an anniversary... it had to be AOTC.

Yeah it is kind of wild, a lot of this is repaints and stuff, and new figures with the B1 and C3-PO, but they've been teased plenty of times in the past. I don't think any of us thought all the reveals tonight would be AoTC based.

While for ESB, we got Lando, Snowspeeder Luke and a few re-releases. :/

boring figures, with no human likenesses, so that they can come out with only a slight delay.

Also, funny how they point out that the Clone Trooper comes with the Phase 2 helmet from ROTS, except for the fact that there are no plain white clone troopers in that movie.

In fact there was. Remember the opening scene where the artillery guns in the republic cruiser explode (we see from the inside).

What a bizzarre barrage of WTF Hot Toys... It's more obvious than ever that they just don't have the resources to do head sculpts like they used to anymore.

The most interesting figure of the bunch is that obscure as **** clone pilot, but I think all five figures are a pass. I was generally done with clones after the 501st, but if they wanted to spam PT trooper type figures like this they at least should have just done the more popular Commanders. Lazy, lazy, lazy

Looks like Sideshow has their May 4th promotion page up and their sale items and discounts are laughably useless, even worse than the Hot Toys reveals. May 4th a complete dud.

Back