1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(Apologies for going off on a related tangent and discussing the films; I'd like to post in the appropriate thread, but alas.)

I really liked aspects of ROTS, and it the sequence of the birth of Luke and Leia along with the birth of Darth Vader is great. Some mention Vader's "NO" is unintentionally comical, but for me I really felt for him; his anguish, pain, torment.

(Some point out he says "Padme help me!" as his mask is put in place.)

In which makes him a tragic character, and not just blatant evil.

Though, as Obi-Wan pointed out, "You did that yourself!"

Gotta say E.M. as a younger OWK is bang on, I thought he captured the character very well, carrying on from A.G.'s (older) version. Lol I think my fav line from him is his "Hello there!"

It was nice to see Yoda kick some butt! His fight with Sidious is epic! I think, based on some theories and discussions, a younger Yoda (say around ~500 yo) would wipe the floor with Sidious.

I thought Palpatine/Sidious was well done, and I liked his laughing, as if he's enjoying being evil lol

Jango Fett is but a simple man making his way in the universe, no?

Qui-Gon no!!

Exactly. Hopefully one day we'll see the guy

Howard's had chances to sneak him in with Rogue One...

Rogue-One-25.png

latest

...and even with Solo...

solo-movie-screencaps.com-1337.jpg

solo-movie-screencaps.com-1047.jpg
solo-movie-screencaps.com-1271.jpg

Now it seems dependent upon The Mandalorian to feature them in some capacity.

Last edited:
(Apologies for going off on a related tangent and discussing the films; I'd like to post in the appropriate thread, but alas.)

I really liked aspects of ROTS, and it the sequence of the birth of Luke and Leia along with the birth of Darth Vader is great. Some mention Vader's "NO" is unintentionally comical, but for me I really felt for him; his anguish, pain, torment.

(Some point out he says "Padme help me!" as his mask is put in place.)

In which makes him a tragic character, and not just blatant evil.

I liked ROTS the best out of the PT, and those final scenes weighed heavily into the tragedy of an Anakin seduced by Palpatine, creating a monster out of a man as with Dr. Frankenstein and his Creature.

30YTFRANKENSTEINjpg

The novelisation hit even harder.

Palpatine wasn't just creating one monster, but a monstrous empire.

Frankenstein's creation was a sympathetic character, which also paves the way for Vader's sacrifice and redemption in ROTJ.

I'm curious to see what story they'll have for Vader in Obi-Wan Kenobi. Hayden coming back put my hype to the highest tier so I hope they'll be able to balance the character similar to Rogue One.

If they can somehow give use a damaged mask with Hayden's face showing, similar to Rebels, I'll be absolutely ecstatic.

I'm avoiding all rumors and spoilers regarding future shows and movies I'm interested. What's the point of learning the plot beforehand? Who would have preferred to learn Vader was Luke's dad before going into the theater for ESB?

I'm avoiding all rumors and spoilers regarding future shows and movies I'm interested. What's the point of learning the plot beforehand? Who would have preferred to learn Vader was Luke's dad before going into the theater for ESB?
Personally I never cared about spoilers, but I always respected the ones who did, and thus I didn't spread the news further. But I usually don't mind reading about a new film, a new TV series or a book. After watching/reading it once, I already know the plot.

Howard's had chances to sneak him in with Rogue One...

latest

...and even with Solo...

Now it seems dependent upon The Mandalorian to feature them in some capacity.
The problem with Death Star Trooper folks have discussed at great length about it already for years, it it because of the human sculpt Hot Toys seems to be struggling with licensor approval. I myself would love to get at least two.

The problem with Death Star Trooper folks have discussed at great length about it already for years, it it because of the human sculpt Hot Toys seems to be struggling with licensor approval. I myself would love to get at least two.
Generic human sculpt will do. Doesn't need to look like Tom Cruise or Vin Diesel, just make a generic face and be done with that. Make 2 generic faces and I'm in for two.

They could use a generic sculpt, since not all of their faces are clear.

I put the helmet that came with Wicket to use, along with the chinstrap from the Mudtrooper and an old Hasbro grey Imperial uniform. I don't think that style of uniform and helmet ever appeared together, but it makes a nice impression of the old Kenner figure as an Imperial Navy trooper Commander standing at the back.

The sculpt I settled on was the DAM U-2 Dragon Lady pilot that was meant to be, but not quite, Clint Eastwood. It has a 1977 look to it.

All three of the DAM pressure suit guys ended up enlisting in the Empire.

The Blackbird test pilot, Tommy lee Jones, got Commander Praji's uniform, and the Blackbird flight test engineer, Donald Sutherland, ended up as Yularen.

Sure. But why is the demand? Why do people crawl to learn the plot beforehand?

Back