Next diorama poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What diorama would you like to see next?

• Hobbits hiding under a tree from the ringwraith

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • The council of Elrond

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • The Fellowship vs the Cave Troll (In seperate pieces)

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Treebeard with Merry and Pippin

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Sam vs Shelob

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Eowyn (And Merry?) vs the Morgul Lord

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

FrodoEyes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright peeps, i thought it was time for another poll seeing as Sauron is shipping and KOTD vs Aragorn is the only other diorama on the agenda right now. Plus after the fantastic GTG PF it's surely time for another dio! Or LSB...
I've trimmed the choices from my last poll, seeing as 2 on the list were done, but if you want a Fellowship at the walls of Moria or GTW on the walls of Minas Tirith (Like the Helms Deep dio but with mordor orcs instead of uruks and a siege tower instead of a ladder!), just shout!

The Counsel of Elrond would be a massive piece but one I would want. Preferably (as I may have mentioned) ; a 'surprised' looking Elrond wondering why Sam, Merry and Pippin hve suddenly appeared at a meeting to which they were not invited! So in effect, 5 figures: Elrond and the 4 Hobbits in a great scene which is'nt action driven and adds a nice moment from the film as well as proving the fabled stealth of Hobbits! :peace

'Fellowship v Cave Troll' and 'Treebeard with Hobbits' would have to be scaled differently to existing dio's or you may end up with less than impressive miniatures ala GTG v Balrog.
Sam v Shelob - Don't think they will revisit Shelob as it would just mean adding a Sam to an already existing piece. Same with Eowyn v Morgul Lord (smaller scale, existing piece albiet in 2 seperate figures).

A Rohirrim on steed skewering Grishnak would be cool, or a Gollum cowering at the feet of Faramir are a couple more suggestions. :D

I've voted CT vs Fellowship , but it was a mistake :eek: I meant to vote Treebeard with Merry and Pippin. A Council of Elrond, I don't ever see happening. A CT dio. would be great, but there is no way SS is going to do any dio's in separate pieces. They could do a CT facing off against a couple fellowship members, including Gimli....Sam vs Shelob [with a light-up phial excl. :drool] is another great choice, but since we recent given a Sam dio. it wouldn't be my 1st pick.

My vote is for... The Fellowship vs the Cave Troll (In seperate pieces).

This could be done like the nightmare before christmas georama (puzzle). Each piece on its own is fantastic. Once all parts are put together you get a very nice diorama.
This would allow a piece released once a month until the diorama is finished. (about 4-5 parts to complete the dio).
No add on or exclusive pieces.
Just the normal pieces all in equal edition sizes so everyone can get a complete set.
The parts would be more affordable than the entire set all at once.
SS could also release a few complete sets that had matching LE numbers once all the pieces would be released.

Just a thought :D

My vote is for... The Fellowship vs the Cave Troll (In seperate pieces).

This could be done like the nightmare before christmas georama (puzzle). Each piece on its own is fantastic. Once all parts are put together you get a very nice diorama.
This would allow a piece released once a month until the diorama is finished. (about 4-5 parts to complete the dio).
No add on or exclusive pieces.
Just the normal pieces all in equal edition sizes so everyone can get a complete set.
The parts would be more affordable than the entire set all at once.
SS could also release a few complete sets that had matching LE numbers once all the pieces would be released.

Just a thought :D

Where do I begin......

1]. 4-5 separate pieces = approx. $1200-$1500 Acceptable to some, but how many people are really going to spend that kind of money on a dio?
2]. A committment this large on SS's part would basically mean there would be no other dio's for approx 1 1/2 -2 years. So what happens to those who collect LOTR dio's but for whatever reason don't want this one?
3]. All it takes for this project to completely fall apart is for one piece to turn out badly. Likenesses are tough enough to capture as it is and some poor likenesses , which are bound to happen, will cause many to abandon ship.
4]. Let's say, for arguement sake, everything turns out fantastic. By the time the last piece or two come up for pre-order every flipper and his brother will be ordering these, pretty well guaranteeing that alot of people will either lose out ot be forced to pay top dollar to complete the set.

Sorry, but I just don't ever see this happening.....:(

I voted Fellowship/CT dio. Would love to see that.

Edit: This seemed to be the 100,000th post in the LOTR forum. :D Do I win something? :dunno:lol

I voted for The Council of Elrond:

comic_lotr11.jpg

Voted for the Fellowship battling the Cave Troll.

But what I have wanted for many years now is GROND in all his glory.

I voted for Cave Troll but to be honest and after thinking for a second, I prefer not to get a dio of the Cave Troll. They should concentrate on a PF Cave Troll. :lecture

I voted for Cave Troll but to be honest and after thinking for a second, I prefer not to get a dio of the Cave Troll. They should concentrate on a PF Cave Troll. :lecture

Though from the sounds of that Q&A from a while back, a dio. is coming 1st.

I have been sticking to the PF line entirely, but a fellowship versus Cave Troll diorama would be neat. 4-5 pieces sounds too ambitous, but 3 would be okay, with three fellowship members each.

I would really prefer to see the Cave Troll as a PF, but this sort of scene could be really neat.

I would also like to see something along the lines of Gandalf and Frodo by the fireplace at Bag End, or the hobbits saying goodbye at the Grey Havens. Aragorn's coronation could be realy cool too! This are less likely since they aren't really conflict driven, but could be cool scenes.

Personally, I would have taken this dio. over all the one's mentioned in this poll.

fotr1522.jpg

Back