Next diorama poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What diorama would you like to see next?

• Hobbits hiding under a tree from the ringwraith

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • The council of Elrond

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • The Fellowship vs the Cave Troll (In seperate pieces)

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Treebeard with Merry and Pippin

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Sam vs Shelob

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Eowyn (And Merry?) vs the Morgul Lord

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
The Counsel of Elrond would be a massive piece but one I would want.

They wouldn't have to include everyone who was in the council, maybe just Frodo setting down the ring on the table with Elrond overlooking.

A CT dio. would be great, but there is no way SS is going to do any dio's in separate pieces. They could do a CT facing off against a couple fellowship members, including Gimli....Sam vs Shelob [with a light-up phial excl. :drool] is another great choice, but since we recent given a Sam dio. it wouldn't be my 1st pick.

At least if they released it in seperate pieces, we could finally get a piece from them that, eventually, includes all Fellowship members in one piece!
Although i like the idea of the cave troll roaring at or lifting his hammer above Gimli stood on Balins' tomb. That would look good.
Sam vs Shelob is an iconic moment from the books, and looked good on screen, so justifies a diorama. It wouldn't be the same as the Weta one as it would be larger and Shelob would be in a 'fighting stance'. I like the idea about the phial!

But what I have wanted for many years now is GROND in all his glory.

Wait for the Weta version ;)

Though from the sounds of that Q&A from a while back, a dio. is coming 1st.

I thought i remembered that.....so a cave troll vs fellowship diorama COULD be on the cards.

I would also like to see something along the lines of Gandalf and Frodo by the fireplace at Bag End, or the hobbits saying goodbye at the Grey Havens. Aragorn's coronation could be realy cool too! This are less likely since they aren't really conflict driven, but could be cool scenes.

I like those ideas too. The diorama line isn't just about conflict - we had a nice scene of Theoden and Grima, as well as the iconic moment of Sam carrying Frodo. Classic scenes should be made too. I'd love Gandalf and Frodo by the fire of Bag End, discussing the fate of the ring, and it could be the quirky option Sideshow likes to surprise us with from time to time. The Grey Havens would be good too, but again i hope Weta do a Grey Havens environment.

Personally, I would have taken this dio. over all the one's mentioned in this poll.

fotr1522.jpg

A good one i had forgotten. But the Lurtz PF is good, and i'd rather have Aragorn holding the dying Boromir. Plus Lurtz wasn't in the books :p :D

I voted the Cave Troll battle in MoM.

Somthing like this would strike me as incredible if done right.
610x.jpg
gollumSTORY_wideweb__430x218.jpg

They wouldn't have to include everyone who was in the council, maybe just Frodo setting down the ring on the table with Elrond overlooking.

At least if they released it in seperate pieces, we could finally get a piece from them that, eventually, includes all Fellowship members in one piece!
Although i like the idea of the cave troll roaring at or lifting his hammer above Gimli stood on Balins' tomb. That would look good.
Sam vs Shelob is an iconic moment from the books, and looked good on screen, so justifies a diorama. It wouldn't be the same as the Weta one as it would be larger and Shelob would be in a 'fighting stance'. I like the idea about the phial!

Wait for the Weta version ;)

I thought i remembered that.....so a cave troll vs fellowship diorama COULD be on the cards.

I like those ideas too. The diorama line isn't just about conflict - we had a nice scene of Theoden and Grima, as well as the iconic moment of Sam carrying Frodo. Classic scenes should be made too. I'd love Gandalf and Frodo by the fire of Bag End, discussing the fate of the ring, and it could be the quirky option Sideshow likes to surprise us with from time to time. The Grey Havens would be good too, but again i hope Weta do a Grey Havens environment.

A good one i had forgotten. But the Lurtz PF is good, and i'd rather have Aragorn holding the dying Boromir. Plus Lurtz wasn't in the books :p :D

There was a book?.....:confused: :monkey3

I think you should have titled your poll "Which dio. do you want to see next, and actually plan on paying for when it arrives". Something tells me the results would be significantly different. I can easily see a CT vs Gimli [and perhaps one other character], but against the entire fellowship....not a chance.

Last edited:
Yeah some junior novelisation of the movie apparantly :D
They added in loads of stuff though to make it 'different', and even left out loads of classic scenes - like Frodo sending Sam away, Faramir taking the hobbits to Osgiliath, elves fighting at Helms Deep - unbelievable!

Yeah some junior novelisation of the movie apparantly :D
They added in loads of stuff though to make it 'different', and even left out loads of classic scenes - like Frodo sending Sam away, Faramir taking the hobbits to Osgiliath, elves fighting at Helms Deep - unbelievable!

So thats where this Tom Bombadil character you speak of comes from! :lol :monkey3

Where do I begin......

1]. 4-5 separate pieces = approx. $1200-$1500 Acceptable to some, but how many people are really going to spend that kind of money on a dio?
I was thinking more in the line of 150 per piece. One/two characters per.
2]. A committment this large on SS's part would basically mean there would be no other dio's for approx 1 1/2 -2 years. So what happens to those who collect LOTR dio's but for whatever reason don't want this one? There would be no reason why SS could not do others while this was being done other than lazy.
3]. All it takes for this project to completely fall apart is for one piece to turn out badly. Likenesses are tough enough to capture as it is and some poor likenesses , which are bound to happen, will cause many to abandon ship. That would never happen :rolleyes:
4]. Let's say, for arguement sake, everything turns out fantastic. By the time the last piece or two come up for pre-order every flipper and his brother will be ordering these, pretty well guaranteeing that alot of people will either lose out ot be forced to pay top dollar to complete the set. Subscription, Just like the SSW Medallions otherwise it would not work due to what you have said.

Sorry, but I just don't ever see this happening.....:(
I don't see it either. Was just a thought.

See my comments above.

This could be everyone's chance to finally get a Merry AND Pippin in Fellowship garb. By pairing them with a Cave Troll may be the only way they'd sell. So the next diorama is Merry and Pippin vs the Cave Troll.

I voted CT vs Fellowship as well. The Hobbits hiding from the Ringwraith would be cool too but I think the "Escape Off The Road" wall plaque would be hard to beat in terms of capturing that scene.

I agree about the wall plaque, it's almost a diorama in itself.

Well, Sideshow say they listen to the fans, so let's see what they come up with :D

I don't collect dios and the only one I'd be interested in is the Fellowship crossing dio, depending on how it would come out. I believe it would be one that would have to be done in pieces for it to look good.

Back