Next Cinemaquette.........Keaton Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) How big are the Cinemaquettes?

2) I'm all in favor of the Returns suit. :)

The returns suit is my favorite batman suit, but I'm only cautiously optimistic given how they dropped the ball on Superman and their Darth Vader looks like he's wearing a diaper full of dump.

I think CMQ haters should stay out of the thread.

As for the outfit - yes, Batman is a better film than Batman Returns, but the suit in the first movie is bulkier and makes less sense. The Returns suit and sleek and more modern. IMHO, a VAST improvement over the first suit.

I agree, Love the returns suit. I can't wait to see pics. I just wish other distributers carried cinemaquette. I would hate to pay customs fees on one of these.

I still dunno why people don't like their superman, I think it's awesome

I don't think it's bad, and I don't think others do, but the fact is that it could've been much better. I think that when the HT is literally 1/10th of the price and it looks 10 x better, people tend to be more attracted to that. As for them being totally different, I think that if someone's willing to shell out 2k for a subpar Superman, they're probably willing to shell out a little more to someone like BobbyC who could make something that blows the CM out of the water.

I think CMQ haters should stay out of the thread.

1237977238_pineapple-express-laughi.gif

As for this, Out of my price range, but I'm very curious as to how it turns out. Vader looks pretty impressive.

It will hopefully get previewed at ComiCon this year like Vader was last year.
:rotfl at you guys who would rather a Hot Toys version. There is nothing to really compare the two in any respect except likeness. And we are yet to see it.
Hot Toys.....:rotfl
:slap

Put me in the "I hope it turns out like crap because I do nt want to fork out $2,000 on a Batman statue and if it looks as good as I hope it will I'll have to" camp.

I agree, Love the returns suit. I can't wait to see pics. I just wish other distributers carried cinemaquette. I would hate to pay customs fees on one of these.

I think BBTS or Alter Ego gets some of these

I don't think it's bad, and I don't think others do, but the fact is that it could've been much better. I think that when the HT is literally 1/10th of the price and it looks 10 x better, people tend to be more attracted to that. As for them being totally different, I think that if someone's willing to shell out 2k for a subpar Superman, they're probably willing to shell out a little more to someone like BobbyC who could make something that blows the CM out of the water.

Well the thing is, rich ppl usually buy these, and they are not as picky as doll collectors, so regardless if this is better than the HT version or not, it will sell, just not to the non rich ppl. They are gonna have to try hard to F this up cause they don't need to get a full face, accurate sculpt on this.

Glad it's the Returns suit. That way I won't feel so bad when I can't afford it. The 89 suit, if done right, would've be hard to resist.

Next to Batman Begins, Batman Returns is my 2nd favorite Batman outfit. The improvement over 89 is just night and day. When you watch the films back to back, you can see that 89 is rough looking and the Returns is the refined version of it. Glad they're going with this suit. I doubt I can afford it. I hope I can save enough money when this thing comes out.

I wonder if the suit will just be sculpted plastic or will it be a rubber body suit

I like the Returns suit, but I have to admit these Cinemaquette's are just too expensive to me. I can afford them for the most part, but there would be some serious buyers remorse I think. I can't justify $2,000.

The Toynami Batmobile and Batwing are the same way. They look fantastic but I just can't see myself buying them and not thinking, "man, I regret this, I could have spent/saved $2,000 on something more important".

I'll be a cheap ____ and stick with Hot Toys. It'd be nice to get a Returns Batman from them after '89 but I won't push my luck. I am looking forward to pics of this though, I wonder what pose he'll be in.

Personally, I'd love to see something similar to this,

batman-returns-keaton.jpg

I like the Returns suit, but I have to admit these Cinemaquette's are just too expensive to me. I can afford them for the most part, but there would be some serious buyers remorse I think. I can't justify $2,000.

The Toynami Batmobile and Batwing are the same way. They look fantastic but I just can't see myself buying them and not thinking, "man, I regret this, I could have spent/saved $2,000 on something more important".

I'll be a cheap ____ and stick with Hot Toys. It'd be nice to get a Returns Batman from them after '89 but I won't push my luck. I am looking forward to pics of this though, I wonder what pose he'll be in.

Personally, I'd love to see something similar to this,

batman-returns-keaton.jpg

Yeah - pretty much agree with all of that. I think they are way overpriced, clearly catered to rich fans for the most part of which there are plenty, who would happily part with that kind of cash without worrying too much about it.

That is THE pose for a Returns Batman. Stiff neck FTW :rotfl

Back