Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy, easy, easy, the thing is here is that i congratulate anyone here that own a CM piece so lets move forward in understanding the whole mess:

1. Cinemaquettes (as some say i don't know if it is true?) usually don't photograph very well???? i have a Hot Toys little 1/6 scale Joker and here is a picture of the prototype painted by on of the best!
YzUMy9jEHd73icfqWRDqO4I2_500.jpg
and i can assure you the one i have looks the same with some minor differences. So why a 1/3 scale has to be so different from the prototype???:dunno

2. If i am going to pay 2K for this it has to be at least 90% close to the prototype, in this case the figure is off by 255% so thats not good news.

3. How do you pay 2K for something so then you have to pay more to someone to re-edit the whole thing?? thats not fair so sorry.

4. From day one this hasn't looked good here is the proof it seems that the one you guy are receiving are the ones that was showed in Comic Con 2009
cinemaquettevsreelreeves.png

5. Its not screen accurate if you are a hard core fan and expect to pay 2K then you have to get the real deal:
a. The front shield does not match the one in the movie.
b. The yellow shield in the back look like it was cut by an 8 year old.
c. The red is not the one used by the original costume and does not even match the used by the Dc Comics Style Guide.
d. The blue :slap COME ON!! have you seen the interview they made with the owner of CM??? he said that the blue was screen accurate BS!!!:mad: and then he said that (to contradict everything) that the light blue wasn't in the market, so by saying this i think the Blue fabric come from Krypton after all right??:lecture

There are to manny issues to address but i will stop there, i dont want to go in to the face thing:cuckoo: like i said congrats to the ones that have the opportunity to buy this thing :hi5: but as a hard core fan of Mr Reeve i can assure you that this piece is nothing and do not do justice to the man and the character so my hopes are high to other projects on this. Enjoy your CM,......... you know the only thing that they do great re monster and stuff they should stick with that! and i leave you with a picture of Bruce Chan or Lee i think this is Jackie Chan but the base says Bruce Lee????:slap
bruce-lee-statuette-1-3-cinemaquette-56-cm-1267184826.jpeg

Great pics Dave, he looks a lot better there. Still not as nice as I would expect... but good.

Love the custom bases you have for the CM pieces; its like your own little room divider of awesomeness :lol

Thanks for posting more pictures Dave. It looks better in your pictures than in the previous ones but still not what I personally would expect it to look like for $2k.

Is it just me or does he have the Sideshow lazy eye paint job in this picture?

With all the bashing going on, how much are people really willing to pay for a 100% accurate Chris Reeve Superman figure? $2000 for a 1/6 scale?

The production piece actually seems to have a superior likeness to Reeve than the SDCC pic posted above.

2. If i am going to pay 2K for this it has to be at least 90% close to the prototype, in this case the figure is off by 255% so thats not good news.

I'm fascinated to know what sort of calculator you used to generate that statistic.

I'm fascinated to know what sort of calculator you used to generate that statistic.

Sarcasm is basically mockery. If someone is being sarcastic, then they are mocking or sneering at something. Sarcasm often involves a statement being made which is the opposite to what the person actually means. For example, if someone says 'Well isn't that just great' they are actually mocking the situation and mean the opposite.

How easy sarcasm is to pick up on depends on experiences with the language or accents. For example, if you were attempting to be sarcastic with someone who wasn't too familiar with your language, then they may not pick up on the fact that you were being sarcastic.

Sarcasm is also difficult to express in writing, which is why writers may use italicised words to emphasise it. People also use emoticons and mark-up language tags. :lecture

I've never seen a CM human piece that looked good in photos... and sadly I've never seen any in person. But consistently the finished product has an odd sickly look to it.

Clear $2,000 in your credit card, order direct and send it back if you don't think is worth it. It's the only way to judge these objectively.

I own Jack Sparrow and I used to think the same way. I do admit there is an element of luck to get a better looking one from a specific batch, but the quality is there when you see these in person.

d. The blue :slap COME ON!! have you seen the interview they made with the owner of CM??? he said that the blue was screen accurate BS!!!:mad: and then he said that (to contradict everything) that the light blue wasn't in the market, so by saying this i think the Blue fabric come from Krypton after all right??:lecture

Easy, easy, easy. So we're all clear JRL, here is what he wrote, and I quote:

"We had access to the original suit from the studio archives for reference. There was some discussion of making the suit a little lighter blue so it matches the suit as seen today exactly, but the costs of a custom color can be prohibitive - we would have had to commission thousands of yards of custom colored fabric.

The suit as it exists today is faded from the passage of time, so the color we have is closer to the color the day it was worn. I think we got as close as anyone could."

The whole article is on www.chocolatebydeath.com/blog for those interested.

Perhaps you should take a second look JRL? Would hate for you to mis-quote twice in the same thread. :wave

Sarcasm is basically mockery. If someone is being sarcastic, then they are mocking or sneering at something. Sarcasm often involves a statement being made which is the opposite to what the person actually means. For example, if someone says 'Well isn't that just great' they are actually mocking the situation and mean the opposite.

How easy sarcasm is to pick up on depends on experiences with the language or accents. For example, if you were attempting to be sarcastic with someone who wasn't too familiar with your language, then they may not pick up on the fact that you were being sarcastic.

Sarcasm is also difficult to express in writing, which is why writers may use italicised words to emphasise it. People also use emoticons and mark-up language tags. :lecture

Yeah, err, I was being sarcastic with the calculator comment...

Ok, lemee see, lemee see... where is it now...? ahh, here it is. This should help... (I'm positive it is all the owners own thoughts and words and not at all cribbed from wikipedia)

first off i would like to say, thank you for posting the pics david, i will have to say, that yes my pics just got major bashing and i too see why in the pics, you really need to know how to photograph these things, and have a good camera because they really do not look anything like in the pics, you need to see one in person , also yes hot toyes can look perfect in the pics but they are not silicone , silicone is really hard to capture since it is translucent especially with a cheap ass camera that i have, i do appoligize if i was not able to show on my pics the way the cm really looks in person, and maybe i should have not posted any pics at all, but i wanted everyone to see it, in cbd as they are aware by experience that there are better looking in person , daves pics captured that in my opinion nice pics dave

What custom color??? i didn't know that light blue is a custom color?? and what about the blue used is not natural blue right?? is also a custom color.... enjoy you statue my friend :rotfl

Last edited:
Yeah, err, I was being sarcastic with the calculator comment...

Ok, lemee see, lemee see... where is it now...? ahh, here it is. This should help... (I'm positive it is all the owners own thoughts and words and not at all cribbed from wikipedia)

Where do you come from?? this is a "free opinion" forum my friend is simply my opinion! i respect your judgment, but when the odds are 5 to 1 (Sarcasm again) is obvious the thing is a mess, btw my easy easy easy comment was about your early comments that were deleted by a .... moderator maybe??:wave
Again enjoy your statue!:wink1:

Easy, easy, easy. So we're all clear JRL, here is what he wrote, and I quote:

"We had access to the original suit from the studio archives for reference. There was some discussion of making the suit a little lighter blue so it matches the suit as seen today exactly, but the costs of a custom color can be prohibitive - we would have had to commission thousands of yards of custom colored fabric.

The suit as it exists today is faded from the passage of time, so the color we have is closer to the color the day it was worn. I think we got as close as anyone could."

The whole article is on www.chocolatebydeath.com/blog for those interested.

Perhaps you should take a second look JRL? Would hate for you to mis-quote twice in the same thread. :wave

Has anyone actually seen the documentary that was on the Superman Special Edition DVD ??? Cause if you have then this horsecrap about the colours fading through time would be proven wrong. They were shooting behind blue screen for the flying sequences so they had to change the shade of blue to a more turquoise colour. That way the suit wouldnt look see through when they shot behind the blue screen. Green screen was not thought of at that time so they used blue. If anyone thinks that I made that up then shove a krypton crystal up ye arse and go watch the special edition documentary lol. So in conclusion the suit should be the blue colour CM has produce but for movie accuracy it should be the light turqoise shade of blue.
In no way am I praising the maquette btw, I think for someones hard earned 2K they shouldnt have to lift a finger to make it look better. I could buy a car for that price....

What custom color??? i didn't know that light blue is a custom color?? and what about the blue used is not natural blue right?? is also a custom color.... enjoy you statue my friendl

I think we might be struggling here because of your reading age.

The quote doesn't say that light blue is a custom colour. It says that a colour was chosen which was felt to match the costume as it may have been on the day it was worn.

There was discussion on choosing a custom colour to more closely match the suit as it is now but the cost implications were prohibitive.

Cinemaquette simply chose the best compromise for their budget.

Back