New title - Leather sources??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbeltram4

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Chanhed title to reflect question; where do you guys source ultra thin(less than 1mm so I'm assuming it's 1 oz or less in thickness) leather from? I can find anything less than 1mm even when I type into google leather for miniatures. It gives me an idea what to look for, but when I type that, I still only get 1mm thick and I know stuff I have from Yunsil and Kato is less than that lol. Really appreciate the help guys and gals. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Re: Needle size when seeing leather/pleather?

Assuming you mean a sewing machine, size 60 (careful using anything but poly thread, because the eye is so small cotton threads don't feed right).

For hand sewing I don't remember the size off the top of my head, but there a lot of very thin embroidery needles out there.

Any leather being used at 1:6 scale shouldn't really be so tough/thick that you need a stronger needle due to the force needed to pierce it.

Re: Needle size when seeing leather/pleather?

For sewing machine, yes. I've never done any work with leather so I'm kinda in the dark and just going by what I've read but can't find any good reading on seeing 1:6 leather. Also, smallest size I've found is around 1mm thickness.

Back