New THOR PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be more like the Ultimates (x-Men movie style black leather) sleeveless deal with goggles.
Kind of a bummer, but I know they're gonna do as you say (Renner said in an interview that he wasn't gonna wear a "silly" purple get-up). Bummer because Hawkeye's one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time, and as everyone knows, classic Marvel trumps contemporary and movie Marvel. Everytime. They didn't make Thor a guy with goggles and a trenchcoat or whatever the ____ they think makes a "realistic" Marvel hero nowadays.

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

About SS.........no. Because theirs nothing "positive" about their products. My opinion, public forum.

And once your Thor PF shows up looking like a happy meal toy you will be singing a different tune.

Chris

Last edited:
This looks cool, but I think I will stick to the classic Thor PF. I also agree that classic Hawkeye in the purple outfit needs to be done. I love the Ultimates comic series, but as far as a statues to display, those versions aren't as eye catching or something that I think I need in my collection.

This looks cool, but I think I will stick to the classic Thor PF. I also agree that classic Hawkeye in the purple outfit needs to be done. I love the Ultimates comic series, but as far as a statues to display, those versions aren't as eye catching or something that I think I need in my collection.
I agree, and think the same applies to movie figures in a lot of cases. Marvel movies do best when they emulate the comics pretty closely, IMO, like with Spidey, Iron Man, and Thor. Those X-Men would just bore you to tears on display.

Comic Hawkeye's got to be in the pipeline. As is Ant-Man/Giant Man, and Wasp. Those are really the only guys I need to complete my Avengers crew.

These poses would have been better too!

NewLook2.jpg
1110700128_qKHiQ-L.jpg
aajj2r.jpg

About SS.........no. Because theirs nothing "positive" about their products. My opinion, public forum.

Chris

Then why stick around? I disagree with your opinion of course but you have the right. Just don't get why you'd stick around if you don't like the products.

I agree, and think the same applies to movie figures in a lot of cases. Marvel movies do best when they emulate the comics pretty closely, IMO, like with Spidey, Iron Man, and Thor. Those X-Men would just bore you to tears on display.

Comic Hawkeye's got to be in the pipeline. As is Ant-Man/Giant Man, and Wasp. Those are really the only guys I need to complete my Avengers crew.

One problem with comic characters made into movies is in movies they want to display a lot more of the character's face to allow the actors to use their range and show emotion, so they unmask a lot of them which is kinda lame. We never even see Wolvie's mask in the movie ;(

2nd is the myriad of colors which appeal to kids sometimes have a backfire effect when you put them together in a movie and they look like a bunch of walking M&M's, hence the muted colors.

3rd black is too cool.

Watchmen was pretty comic accurate and the outfits didn't translate too well to many of the viewers.

That being said I kinda like the movie costume of Thor, I think they did a good job finding an intermediary. As for the movie, we've yet to see.

I thought the Watchmen outfits looked fine, but I'm sure that some didn't. Ultimately, movie execs are afraid of an outfit looking like Schumacher's Batman I guess, but I think Spidey and Superman prove that you can have an outrageous looking outfit and people will actually embrace it if you treat it seriously.

I thought the Watchmen outfits looked fine, but I'm sure that some didn't. Ultimately, movie execs are afraid of an outfit looking like Schumacher's Batman I guess, but I think Spidey and Superman prove that you can have an outrageous looking outfit and people will actually embrace it if you treat it seriously.

I thought they were fine as well. :hi5:

Then why stick around? I disagree with your opinion of course but you have the right. Just don't get why you'd stick around if you don't like the products.

I dont hate SS...I hate the current quality of their products. I stick around because im still curious in whats new and the discussions along with them. If SS one day starts making quality collectibles again, I'll be back collecting them. But I wouldnt know when that will be unless Im here reading the forums till then :wink1:

Chris

The quality of their stuff is fine. Pieces here and there have issues but that's the same for most places. Keeping up and reading makes sense but posting how bad everything is with everything is trolling.

I dont hate SS...I hate the current quality of their products. I stick around because im still curious in whats new and the discussions along with them. If SS one day starts making quality collectibles again, I'll be back collecting them. But I wouldnt know when that will be unless Im here reading the forums till then :wink1:

Chris

Sad but true, every company starts cutting corners when they become successful, heck I remember when Mcdonalds had their burger patties edges actually sit outside the bun....

I doubt we'll ever see the quality of Hulk PF or Doom PF ever again.

Kind of a bummer, but I know they're gonna do as you say (Renner said in an interview that he wasn't gonna wear a "silly" purple get-up). Bummer because Hawkeye's one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time, and as everyone knows, classic Marvel trumps contemporary and movie Marvel. Everytime. They didn't make Thor a guy with goggles and a trenchcoat or whatever the ____ they think makes a "realistic" Marvel hero nowadays.

Honestly looking at the Captain America costume while some aren't a fan of it, it definitely blends the look and feel of the comic costume into a more realistic feel. I'm hoping they'll take Hawkeye's costume and give it the same characteristic and feel whether its actually purple tights or not. I want The Avengers to feel super whether they are in tights or not.

Sad but true, every company starts cutting corners when they become successful, heck I remember when Mcdonalds had their burger patties edges actually sit outside the bun....

I doubt we'll ever see the quality of Hulk PF or Doom PF ever again.

I haven't had a Big Mac in awhile so I went yesterday, when I opened it...:horror

It should be called a Mini Mac.

I would like to see their cheeseburger :horror

BK FTW!

Back