New THOR PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Maquettes are single media just like the Comiquettes just not Comi. Premium Formats are mixed medias and if this is a mixed media piece then look for cloth to be incorporated at minimum in the cape.
Hmmm, if they did the movie Thor's cape like many of the Star Wars cloaks that would be epic. I think I was one of the few who wanted the classic Thor PF's cape to be fabric. Damnit, I gotta avoid these threads that will tempt me to buy PFs that are on my want list. :panic:

Marvels movie characters are a PERFECT fit for PFs. The movie versions of Thor and Cap will look very realistic as PFs. However, I'm not a big fan of movie version statues. The only one I own is the modern EX Ghost Rider maquette. I just couldn't pass on that bad boy. It just looked wicked good.

I'll hold out for a classic Cap and a classic/modern Thor comiquette. That is more my cup of tea. Congrats to all of you that wanted this. It should look great next to the Iron Man movie maquette.

Movie versions suck. I guess get ready for an onslaught of movie sculpts in 2011 taking away development time from comi based pieces people have patiently been waiting for.

I don't see anyone rushing to buy naked Beast or that Spiderman 3 diorama.

You hit the nail on the head. I can't stand movie version based statues and sculpts and I'll never buy them.

i dont want a thor PF from a stupid movie, i want thor from the comics

url
I agree I've never liked movie versions.

I have zero interest in the statue. Now that they have previewed it, what happens if the movie completely tanks? Sideshow just gonna pretend it never happened?

I have zero interest in the statue. Now that they have previewed it, what happens if the movie completely tanks? Sideshow just gonna pretend it never happened?

I highly doubt whatever revenue the movie makes will matter here. This movie will do just fine and so will the statue sales.

As long as its a true 1/4 it will be mine! Exclusive should be a switch out with and without helmet!! He's going to look GREAT with Iron Man MKVI and War Machine!!

No, as we saw with other titles, the movie sales and statistics have no bearing. What does is orders. Look at Rick O' Connell, no orders and so it disappeared. With Marvel that is less a worry. I guarantee you even if the movie is the Asgardian Gigli, the exclusive with an NRD will still sell out no problem.

There was an item with literally no orders?

Literally no, the Rick O' Connell PF had an exclusive ES of 100 I believe, and they couldn't sell those with the NRD and the piece itself. So they pulled the item.

It did have some orders, because people were posting in that thread saying they got the cancellation e-mail. I would have been too embarrassed to post, personally :lol

But yeah, there couldn't have been over 15 or 20 people who were willing to pay for that atrocity. And those guys were either Sideshow completists or nut-jobs, probably.

At least they had the sense to cancel it, unlike the SW Frames book that hardly has any orders after nearly two years.

No, as we saw with other titles, the movie sales and statistics have no bearing. What does is orders. Look at Rick O' Connell, no orders and so it disappeared. With Marvel that is less a worry. I guarantee you even if the movie is the Asgardian Gigli, the exclusive with an NRD will still sell out no problem.

:clap:clap:clap

They cancelled the Rick O'Connell PF because they no longer have the Universal license, if they still did it would still have been made.

Back