New Star Wars Trilogy in 2018?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm excited for the hope that they will be 3 NEW Star Wars movies. There is a chance these will be movies in the universe that have nothing to do with Skywalkers, Solos, or Organas. I think people are ready for new stories in the universe that have nothing to do with trade routes, the empire, or the rebellion.

I think thats really exciting Star Wars wise. The universe is so vast with so many characters and there are good EU stuff you could make movies out of. If you want to go with the Skywalker story is done thats cool. I'm a fan of the PT so I wouldn't mind seeing more added to the story but like I said there's a chance to add to the Universe you can make some awesome movies.

Josh I see we can agree on a lot of things!:goodpost:

Indeed :hi5:

Okay I'm going to contradict myself because something that I think would be cool, but will obviously never happen, is to redo Revenge of the Sith as the finale to the Clone Wars animated show, just to see how it plays (in other words make an animated ROTS in the style of the CW show, using the same TV voice actors.)

I think that would make Episode III even more shocking and depressing to see the same animated Anakin and clone commanders that have been battling for good so heroically turn on the Jedi and attempt to wipe them out.

What??? :horror

I think that'd make the dialogue and complexity of the storyline of ROTS even WORSE!

This is the way I see it:

CW = simplistic w/ bad dialogue, marketed toward children

ROTS = complex, w/ somewhat bad dialogue, rated PG-13 -> marketed to adult audiences

CW + ROTS = very simplistic w/ dialogue written by a 10 year old, for 10 year olds.

You know what might be cool. A band of brothers type show or movie that just follows random Rebel or Imperial troopers and there day to day struggle with the war. Could still have the very "occasional" jedi / sith and use no name actors.

Anybody??

That would be cool, and I think we would have gotten (will get?) similar storylines from the live action TV show.

They need to continue the Republic Commando video game series

They need to continue the book series. Last one eneded with a damn cliffhanger then the author went and got all pissy and now I'm left with no closure. :monkey2

Oh it was a tragedy alright... but not in the sense that it should have been.

:lol That was a good one...

What??? :horror

I think that'd make the dialogue and complexity of the storyline of ROTS even WORSE!

This is the way I see it:

CW = simplistic w/ bad dialogue, marketed toward children

ROTS = complex, w/ somewhat bad dialogue, rated PG-13 -> marketed to adult audiences

CW + ROTS = very simplistic w/ dialogue written by a 10 year old, for 10 year olds.

Trolling reported. :wave

I'd be all for another trilogy. Give me Thrawn, the Solo twins, Mara Jade, the Vong or anything from the Legacy series and I'll be on line opening night.

Way too many stories that could be told within the Star Wars universe. It's really just a matter of what they feel ties in with the previous trilogies.

Bane would be awesome and I'd love a trilogy based on the NJO or Legacy series.

If they really make new movies, we might as well just have a whole section devoted to complaining about it :lol

I'm all for it personally. So much potential for some cool stories if based off some of the better EU stuff. And if they end up being bad, oh well - easily ignored and wouldn't affect my feelings for the originals in any way.

I think Lucas should be stopped by any means necessary.

Your mission is to proceed up the San Fran, pick up Lucas' path, when you find the director infiltrate his ranch by any means neccassary, and terminate the Director's command.

Terminate...with extreme prejudice.

Back