New Star Trek movie 1/6 figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diamond Select's 18" Spock isn't too bad, but their 18" Kirk isn't too good ...

Those monstrosities look almost anime (look at Spock's pose) and are faintly reminiscent of the character, not the actors who portrayed them.
Every time I see those SFM figs I weep for what might have been.

Of course SFM is notorious for putting out product years late so even if they'd gotten the license who knows when/if we'd have ever seen the figs.

They were ready to go for Trek's 40th anniversary.

That's very difficult to believe - they've been promising the 2nd wave of Lost in Space for 3 years now with no release in sight.

Everything was ready to go forth on Trek to capitalize on the big 40th hoopla. DS was the ultimate holdup. Folks there constantly screwing with the license arrangements and passing the buck on who had the final say.
Wave 2 of Lost In Space is behind due to the proposed figure body switch falling thru and the decision to redo a few parts.

One of the first licensed announcements from Sideshow back in the Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes early days was Happy Days and they never saw the light of day.

Like Star Trek original series, I've been wanting Lost in Space figures for close to 40 years. I've waited this long and I'll wait a little more for the Scifimetropolis Lost in Space and hopefully someday Star Trek figures. I got some background information from the sculptors who worked on the sculpts and there have been some unfortunate behind the scenes situations that prevented the Star Trek figures from happening at all, and delayed the LIS. How Diamond could pass on a chance to produce nice 12 inch figures in favor of the 18 inch "drek" they are putting out is beyond my understanding.

One of the first licensed announcements from Sideshow back in the Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes early days was Happy Days and they never saw the light of day.

I remember when the 'Happy Days' licence was announced by SST, I grew up watching it and loved it, but still didn't think it was a licence worth having. I mean, appart from the Fonz who else are ya gonna buy... I suppose you could bash a Ron Howard director figure from Richie... nah, forget I said that!

I still have the Mego "thumbs up" action Fonzie. I bought it in the '80s but I'm sure it's from the '70s.

:lol :lol :lol What can I say, they're barbies :lol

Although maybe the clothes would be useful if no one else delivers in 1/6.

The clothes don't look too bad, but the colors are off. The bodies are definitely barbie low tech sculpts.

Why do the owners of the franchise hate us collectors so?
It's strange, I feel the exact same way. Paramount seems to really not care that much about the quality of the products as much as the quantity of money they can get for selling the license.
:banghead

The clothes don't look too bad, but the colors are off. The bodies are definitely barbie low tech sculpts.

I don't know the colors look okay for the new movie outfits.

And the Barbie clothes can work...

kirk_ds.jpg

Back