New Star Trek movie 1/6 figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've removed the Spock and Scotty since I posted this about 2 hours ago. All were in 'Enterprise' outfits except Scotty who was in 'cold weather gear'... strange!

Those are high prices for Playmates aren't they? If it were dollars, that would make sense. Here's hoping it's not Playmates - the 1/6th world has moved far beyond them. But here's REALLY hoping it's not DST either -their 12" suck big time.

I want classic Trek and hope that that Picard figure gets released someday :monkey2

New crew, not feelings yet. If the movie is good I might want figures... but honestly give me a Shatner or Nimoy over the current crop.

There's a reason Trek doesn't work in 1/6th scale. The outfits are boring and too similar.

but i would still love to have them all - both from the original series as well as next gen.

This would be perfect for Hot Toys - i mean, they ARE the master of re-using parts for releasing variants. :lol

A man with pointy ears can't be boring. I think it might be the crap sculpts or bad scale issues.

What gets me is someone like Playmates can get the license and ruin it. Who are these licensing morons? No wonder they keep their dealings and identities pretty much anonymous.

Is GG ever going to release the Picard they had shown awhile back.....or for that matter the Master Chief fig?

I really hope they do... the Picard was a pretty sharp looking figure. It would be a real shame if it got scrapped. Although at this point I'm guessing it was since I don't think they even showed it at SDCC :monkey2

There's a reason Trek doesn't work in 1/6th scale. The outfits are boring and too similar.

Compared to James Bond in his tuxedoes? Or the X-files guys in their business suits?

TOS costumes are Bright! Primary! Colors! I have the old Playmates series on a shelf of Sideshow stuff, and they stand out like they're illuminated.

Those are high prices for Playmates aren't they? If it were dollars, that would make sense. Here's hoping it's not Playmates - the 1/6th world has moved far beyond them. But here's REALLY hoping it's not DST either -their 12" suck big time.

Sadly I can assure you they are 'cheap' by UK standards, basically most retailers just change the $ sign for a £ sign, like this-

https://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadget...ne-Trooper-Captain-Action-Figure/Product.html

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=4367

Even SST and HT stuff never reflect a true 'currency/exchange rate', it just seems they think 'Hey, just make em pay more!' :monkey2

It's why I get virtually everything direct from HK, even with shipping it's cheaper and far, far quicker.

Last edited:
Back