New Star Trek movie 1/6 figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is that collectors would not find Kirk & Spock boring if they were made by HT.

Nah, but I'd be offended if they were $150 a pop for a simple uniform and a phaser and communicator apiece :lol THe original 7 would break the bank at that price point (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Checkov, Uhura, and Scotty)

I wouldn't be interested if Hot Toys produced these. I'd be happy if Sci fi Metropolis were able to bring their proto types to the table. Killer sculpts and at a more realistic price.

2h7ffpy.jpg
4iiotc.jpg

I wouldn't be interested if Hot Toys produced these. I'd be happy if Sci fi Metropolis were able to bring their proto types to the table. Killer sculpts and at a more realistic price.

2h7ffpy.jpg
4iiotc.jpg

Shame about those monkey arms, polar fleeces and gum boots they're wearing, but I have to say those headsculpts look damn fine.

Shame about those monkey arms, polar fleeces and gum boots they're wearing, but I have to say those headsculpts look damn fine.
Are you getting on my case wookster? :lol Sorry but you've started me up. :lol

At least they would look like who they are supposed to be. Wouldn't have weird height issues. Wont be readily subject to part failure. Wont come in an environmentally unsound box. Wont be multiple issue, and most importantly be in a reasonable price bracket for the kind of figure they are.

Plenty of time to fix the polar fleece as they are just a prototype, even if it's been the same one for the last 2 years, and wont see the light of day. I can't even see the boots properly and there are plenty of bodies if you feel an upgrade is necessary. ;)

Are you getting on my case wookster? :lol Sorry but you've started me up. :lol

At least they would look like who they are supposed to be. Wouldn't have weird height issues. Wont be readily subject to part failure. Wont come in an environmentally unsound box. Wont be multiple issue, and most importantly be in a reasonable price bracket for the kind of figure they are.

Plenty of time to fix the polar fleece as they are just a prototype, even if it's been the same one for the last 2 years, and wont see the light of day. I can't even see the boots properly and there are plenty of bodies if you feel an upgrade is necessary. ;)

:horrorRuns for cover...

Point taken!:peace

As I said, great headsculpts, and if the outfits were better I'd buy'em.

:lol

I just thought you were subtley playing on my lack of wanting Hot Toys to produce these. I only went that way because Sci Fi is cheap like me, well cheaper than Hot Toys, which suits me. I carefully avoided mentioning the outfits.

It just a shame something like this is practically there and gets locked down for whatever reason.

:lol

Sci Fi is cheap like me.

Here in the UK their 'Lost in Space' figures were mondo expensive, I picked up John Robinson in clearance for like £7.50 but most of the time people were asking £99 each for them with Dr Smith often commanding even more and that was like three or four years ago.
Johninbox.jpg

You're absolutely right. It was the same here when they first came out. I baulked, but they came down in price quite quickly. These days they sit around the $60 mark new.

Those SFM Trek are prototypes. Those are not the bodies they would have been using, and if you saw their Lost in Space figures, they make the uniforms look like the originals were just shrunk down to 1:6. For any of you who may not have seen :

Those SFM Trek are prototypes. Those are not the bodies they would have been using, and if you saw their Lost in Space figures, they make the uniforms look like the originals were just shrunk down to 1:6. For any of you who may not have seen :

They look fantastic (appart from the bodies and hands... but you already explained), I'd have bought them all.
Why did these never happen?

I'm also intrigued by the legs on the shelf behind the group shot.:naughty

They look fantastic (appart from the bodies and hands... but you already explained), I'd have bought them all.
Why did these never happen?

I'm also intrigued by the legs on the shelf behind the group shot.:naughty

There is/was a huge runaround on who could give the final "ok" on the licesne. My understanding is Diamond wanted to nix the 1:6 in lieu of pushing their own 1/4 scale abominations. There were such things planned for this line.... maybe someday over a drink :duff

My understanding is Diamond wanted to nix the 1:6 in lieu of pushing their own 1/4 scale abominations. There were such things planned for this line.... maybe someday over a drink :duff

This is what I heard also from the sculptors who did those TOS prototypes. This has been one of my 1/6th scale wants since the late sixties when I watched Star Trek when it was 1st run episodes, and wanted to add the characters to my GI Joe and Johnny West figures. If Diamond thinks their 1/4 scale figures "efforts" are better than what the 1/6th scale line from Scifimetropolis could have been, I'll have some of what they are smoking over there.

Both look monstrously bad to me.
They couldn't even get the boots right... haven't they ever watched the damn series?

Nah, but I'd be offended if they were $150 a pop for a simple uniform and a phaser and communicator apiece :lol THe original 7 would break the bank at that price point (Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Sulu, Checkov, Uhura, and Scotty)

One does not need to pay $150 to buy HT figures - I've gotten many for $100.
Most people would be very happy with just Kirk, Spock, and Bones.

Every time I see those SFM figs I weep for what might have been.

Of course SFM is notorious for putting out product years late so even if they'd gotten the license who knows when/if we'd have ever seen the figs.

Back