Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody gives their autograph for free, not even the athletes who get paid 400 mil for a 3 year contract.

For what sport? I've seen NFL athletes here in the US give autograph for free.

That must be a US thing because up here they do it all the time at events. I have tons of cards and posters signed by athletes FOR FREE. Hell, even had a couple of beers with Dan Aykroyd in a bar in Ottawa once. He was in town and acted like one of the boys.

No. Athletes here in the US give free autographs, too. I've seen fans get jerseys, posters, gloves, etc ...get autographed by NFL players for free ...even the high paid ones like Phillip Rivers. I've seen a lot during training camps.

I've seen NBA players do so as well.

Right. Some high paid athletes will do for free. Some high paid athletes won't.

But we should be careful when we say "nobody" as that suggest ALL high paid athletes won't. Some of them are very humble and will give their autographs for free.

A lot of it depends on the situation, as well. Clearly, if Stan is going to an event to sign, the likelihood of him doing it for free is nil. Would he sign something for you for free if you bumped into him someplace, maybe. Some people won't do it for free ever. It all depends.

A lot of it depends on the situation, as well. Clearly, if Stan is going to an event to sign, the likelihood of him doing it for free is nil. Would he sign something for you for free if you bumped into him someplace, maybe. Some people won't do it for free ever. It all depends.

That's why I'd wouldn't say Stan never signs anything for free. Because at times he will.

Right. Some high paid athletes will do for free. Some high paid athletes won't.

But we should be careful when we say "nobody" as that suggest ALL high paid athletes won't. Some of them are very humble and will give their autographs for free.

Agreed, "generally" some will and some won't. If you're going to a show then you will pay whatever it's going for on that day.

Does anybody know the $100 that Stan Lee charges, does that $100 include the certificate of authenticity?

I think it does include a certificate, at the comikaze expo in L.A. it did. Had to fill out a form with dollar amount and number of signatures desired. I might pay but I wasn't interested in waiting for hours just to get close to him.

At the very least take a pic when he signs anything, easy proof.

I think it does include a certificate, at the comikaze expo in L.A. it did. Had to fill out a form with dollar amount and number of signatures desired. I might pay but I wasn't interested in waiting for hours just to get close to him.

At the very least take a pic when he signs anything, easy proof.

That's good cause I saw freak: bransen2099 had a SS marvel print signed by him and it came with a small card stating authenticity. :yess:

That's good cause I saw freak: bransen2099 had a SS marvel print signed by him and it came with a small card stating authenticity. :yess:

He had to pay a little extra for all that stuff, but they did it right there and then for him, which was great. Saves the trouble of you doing it all on your own elsewhere.

He doesn't make enough money as it is ? He can keep his autograph.

Stan Lee used to do autographs for free or close to it. He needed money back in the mid 90's. If a comic shop wanted Stan Lee all you pretty much had to do was pay for his hotel room. He had no entourage, no keepers, it was just him. Before the Marvel movies blowup he never was "super" rich.

Anyone with that much life experience knows you don't leave that much money on the table.

Seeing all these comments about paint issues got me worried. With 2 pymnts left on my excl. i contacted sideshow for them to inspect before shipping. Since the chance is rly slim to none that i will be returning.

"I have put a note for our shipping department to inspect your figure before shipping it out. Please note this may delay your shipment a little while once your final payment has been processed. While I cannot guarantee they will go over every individual detail on the figure, they will inspect it for any major flaws in the paint."

This gave me juuuust a lil comfort [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan Lee used to do autographs for free or close to it. He needed money back in the mid 90's. If a comic shop wanted Stan Lee all you pretty much had to do was pay for his hotel room. He had no entourage, no keepers, it was just him. Before the Marvel movies blowup he never was "super" rich.

Anyone with that much life experience knows you don't leave that much money on the table.

:exactly: I dont mind the price so much as the wait. Sitting there for hours dealing with fanatical fans is definitely a working J.O.B.

It's crazy seeing all the issues my paint apps are flawless. They did send me an ex replacement head though. Other than that the statue is great.

Back