Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my concerns about my statue. I was already leaning towards getting it replaced due to the extent of the blue paint scuffing, but all of your comments pushed me over the edge.

I called Sideshow an hour ago and explained the situation as per the advice of this forum. Unfortunately, Daniel the customer service rep simply directed me to the exchange form on their website without even taking my order number or apologizing or anything. He said that once I submit the request, they normally get back to people within 24-48 hours but it would take 3-5 business days now "because of volume."

I checked this thread after getting off the phone and figured I'd give the live chat a try to hopefully speed up the exchange process. Unfortunately, Aliesha also only directed me to the exchange form on their website and told me I should hear back within 3-5 business days. She at least apologized for the damage and verified that my request and pictures had been received.

Hopefully I will hear back from them soon, as this is not exactly the experience I've been greatly anticipating since I pre-ordered this statue (my first PF) ten months ago!

Yep that's how it works,you have to file the claim,provide pics ect to get the ball rolling. Just have a lil bit of patience,it will all get worked out! In the mean time just bask in the awesomeness of the statue!

My biggest issue was long term how this statue would hold up without breaking from the arm, but now duplicate heads and bad paint jobs seem to be the real concerning issues. It's an awesome piece and I hope to see trouble-free ones once more people get theirs in.

My biggest issue was long term how this statue would hold up without breaking from the arm, but now duplicate heads and bad paint jobs seem to be the real concerning issues. It's an awesome piece and I hope to see trouble-free ones once more people get theirs in.

Should be fine. That metal spike that sticks into the base runs through his hand, wrist, arm and chest.

My Spidey came in yesterday and I absolutely love the piece, but unfortunately I have a few issues.

First, unless I'm missing something, they sent me two normal heads and no exclusive "squinting" head:

Also, There are MANY noticeable scuffs/scratches on the blue areas of Spidey's costume, mainly on his legs and quads:

What do you think? Is there something easy I can do to get rid of all these scuff marks? If not and your statue looked like this, would you contact Sideshow about it to get a replacement? How does the replacement policy work? Would they just send a replacement body to me, or do I have to send it back to them before they send me a new one, or do I have to smash it on video (apparently that's really a thing? Many people on this forum have mentioned it!) before they send me a new one? And I assume that if they would replace the body there's no guarantee that it would be in better shape than the one I already have?

As for the no-exclusive-head issue, I'm assuming I just contact Sideshow about it and they would send me an exclusive head?

This is my first ever PF and my first large purchase from Sideshow, so I need your guys' help!

Thank you all for your input, I really need it today!

Contact SSC you need a new one.

^ Replacement request.
Send those pictures in. Quite a few issues cropping up now.

Is the actual figure 1:4 scale? Looks relatively small.

It depends how you have him set up and which piece you have him next to.

I think because he is in a swinging position with his legs behind him he looks a bit smaller. He looks small next to batman... But Batman PF is larger then 1/4. He looks good next to IM3 maquette.

He might be ever so slightly smaller then 1/4 scale.

I did a video review... Getting too lazy to do write ups. It's only my 2nd video (I did one years ago) so it's raw... Much better ones are out there. Feel free to leave comments.

And Remember... SomeSpidey Loves you!

P1240573.JPG

Wouldn't be so sure
Your scaring the crap outta me Ink...hope your joking or I may have to speed up my payments and pay for him in full.

This piece is freaking awesome, one of my more anticipated pieces of the year from SS. I can't risk getting stuck with a bum piece if/when replacements run out.

Cheers to everyone whos received a flawless piece! The pictures are incredible and thanks for sharing!

Good ol' QC...I wonder how so many of these issues "slip" through. This isn't collectors receiving broken pieces in shipment, these are noticeable paint issues, duplicate heads?(wtf), chips and funky looking fingers that should all be caught before they ship out.

I guess Sideshow just loves to pay for double shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Back