Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question ...in that custom statue ...did Spidey hit the cell tower in mid-swing? Is that why the cell tower is bent? Just trying to understand the dynamics...

The city had a really bad storm the day before.

Quick question ...in that custom statue ...did Spidey hit the cell tower in mid-swing? Is that why the cell tower is bent? Just trying to understand the dynamics...

I'm guessing Spidey's webline snapped at some point (which is why its all slack and curled around in a random, artsy fashion). That sent him crashing into the tower and why it's now bent.

What I want to now is does Mary Jane help him spray paint on his outfit and does he need acetone to take it off?

There's too much height to his mid section and that extra unmask head look like it could pass for Superman. Base is just a little too much...maybe reduce the brick.

I agree, his midsection makes his arms look really short as well. His legs are short but not as bad as his arms. Torso is much too elongated. The base is a bit confusing. May it just be the angle of the pic? I feel bad to nitpick on a piece after just one photo as a lot of this could be fixed. I hope it turns out great.

will this statue most likely be pvc??? looks to be fully sculpted but with that dynamic pose i have a sinking feeling it will be made of pvc and if that's the case at that the price its listed i will be pissed

will this statue most likely be pvc??? looks to be fully sculpted but with that dynamic pose i have a sinking feeling it will be made of pvc and if that's the case at that the price its listed i will be pissed
Nope! There are no plans to use PVC. If that changes people will be informed.

Nope! There are no plans to use PVC. If that changes people will be informed.

Yeah buddy!
Marlins-Fan-Dancing-GIF.gif

The Vast majority of SSC Statues are Polystone and since the debacle over the MOS PF, SSC has stated if PVC is used they will state it on the product page to avoid that again.

Oh and :fireworks :welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show :fireworks

Yea, Spidey's my second favourite Marvel character so i'll be adding all the afore mentioned statues....also got my name down for this incredible custom 1/4 scale Spidey piece too which will now come with a third alternate McPharlane style portrait:love

073adff6f067308b44c41f26e419b240.jpg

Hi so how do you get yourself on that list? I'm interested.

I saw on FB i think someone posting up a photoshoped pic of this PF with a different base as a building eagle head. Was very well done. Anyone else see this??

Yea, Spidey's my second favourite Marvel character so i'll be adding all the afore mentioned statues....also got my name down for this incredible custom 1/4 scale Spidey piece too which will now come with a third alternate McPharlane style portrait:love

073adff6f067308b44c41f26e419b240.jpg

Really not digging the placement of the spider emblem on the chest. Looks way too far down to me, especially given that his arms up like that would normally mean the costume would also ride up. Also, Sosa is a fantastic sculptor but tends to go a little wild with the muscles around the upper abdomen (see his FB page and recent Batman / Wolverine sculpts)... not even the most insane bodybuilders would have striations like that in that area.

Really not digging the placement of the spider emblem on the chest. Looks way too far down to me, especially given that his arms up like that would normally mean the costume would also ride up. Also, Sosa is a fantastic sculptor but tends to go a little wild with the muscles around the upper abdomen (see his FB page and recent Batman / Wolverine sculpts)... not even the most insane bodybuilders would have striations like that in that area.

Just like any sculptor Sosa has hits and misses. I'm not a huge fan of that Spidey but he has done some killer head sculpts.

Back