New SDCC Thread ---- 13 days left

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm driving into San Diego on Wednesday afternoon and leaving Saturday evening. This will be my third Comic-Con but the first time I will actually attend for more than one day.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

And when do we get the final details on the Friday night event? :confused:

What event?

Don't know that there's going to be any place where you get 100 people in a room all talking and it's not noisy.

Friday's schedule is up now! If only I could clone myself a couple of times, it would be the only way I could see every panel I wanted to see. Spike and Mike's sick and twisted film festival got moved to Friday night now...what the hell? :confused:

The extremely loud bar won't be a problem this time.

Yet, I still say - "What event?"

This one, silly:

5:45-7:00 New Line Cinema Presents Snakes on a Plane— Sit back. Relax. Enjoy the fright. New Line Cinema will show exclusive footage from Snakes on a Plane. Samuel L. Jackson makes his first San Diego Comic-Con appearance, along with director David R. Ellis, to discuss his new film! And, watch out—snake wrangler Jules Sylvester will also be on hand with live snakes from the movie.

12:45-2:15 Twentieth Century Fox Presents— Twentieth Century Fox returns to Comic-Con in a big way, with a sneak peek at some of the studio's most anticipated 2006 and 2007 releases. It's a program so epic it couldn't be contained in one hour! Get ready for some very special guests, exclusive footage, screening announcements, and eye-opening—if not jaw-dropping—surprises.

4:00-4:15 Universal Home Video: King Kong Deluxe Extended DVD— A sneak peek from the upcoming King Kong Deluxe Extended Edition DVD will be introduced by a message from director Peter Jackson. Hall H

11:00-12:00 Family Guy/American Dad— Fox TV Animation presents a Comic-Con double header! Join Family Guy and American Dad creators for a sneak peek at never-before-seen footage from this fall's season on Fox. A combined panel of writers, producers, and directors from both shows will be on hand to answer questions about upcoming episodes and fan favorites from seasons past. Panelists include David Goodman, Kirker Butler, Cherry Chevapravatdumrong, Zac Moncrief, and Dan Povenmire (Family Guy); Mike Barker, Matt Weitzman, Steve Hely, Chris McKenna ,and Matt McKenna (American Dad); and Kara Vallow (Family Guy/American Dad). Room 20

11:00-12:30 Warner Bros. Pictures Presents—Bryan Singer Returns! Please welcome long-time friend of Comic-Con director Bryan Singer to answer your questions about Superman Returns and give you an idea of what's next.

10:30-11:30 Marvel: Spider-Man: Then and Now— Welcome, True Believers, to a once-in-a-lifetime event! In one room for the first and only time, join the men who have influenced Spider-Man's life from the beginning and those who are shaping him into the man he is today: Stan Lee, Joe Quesada, and J. Michael Straczynski! Find out what went into creating the world's greatest superhero and what the future holds for the wall-crawler

10:30-11:30 Hellboy Animated— Tad Stones (director) and Mike Mignola (creator) along with Hellboy movie director Guillermo del Toro, Phil Weinstein, Matt Wayne and Sean Galloway invite you to be one of the first to experience the new project Hellboy Animated from IDT Entertainment. Clips will be previewed, followed by Q&A session. Room 6B

7:30-9:00 SNL: Saturday TV Funhouse with Robert Smigel— Join the Emmy Award–winning writer, producer and creator of Saturday Night Live's hilarious animated "TV Funhouse" segments, Robert Smigel, for a presentation and discussion about the upcoming DVD release of SNL: The Best Of Saturday TV Funhouse. Featuring clips of "The Ambiguously Gay Duo", "X-Presidents", "Saddam and Osama", "Mr. T" and other favorites, as well as notable "lost" cartoons, banned from the airwaves forever. Q & A to follow! With appearances by animator/director Robert Marianetti and—possibly—Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog.

Friday is also "Star Wars Day" with lots of SW stuff happening.

Last edited:
Jules Sylvester eh!? That's funny, I sold him a fifteen foot Burmese python a while back .... no really, I did. :cool:

Dave can we expect to see pandas at the party?

Pandas.jpg

B.Y.O.P.

So I've sent out invites to everyone that RSVP'd to me. If you think you RSVPd and didn't hear from me today, please email me. Don't count on me seeing a post on the board about it.

Also I didn't mention in the email, but the time, location, etc. for the party is privileged information. Please don't give it out.

Thanks.

There have been a number of people that haven't responded to my followup email, please reply to that email if you are listed below or I'll assume you aren't coming:

katkaru
x-mart
DarkArtist81
Gabberjawa
RoboDad
theverse
smc100

Who is driving from or through Phoenix AZ and has room for a passenger?? :)

Sorry Dave!! I'm way to broke to attend this year.... (maybe next year? :monkey2 )

I hope you all have fun, and be sure to take lots of pictures to share with the sad souls that will not be attending!! :lol

Sent a reply!!

Back