NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps there's a bit of a translation issue here somewhere - I'll let other folks try and answer you from now on.

I (sincerely) don't mean to insult you - but I've struggled to make sense of a lot of what you post.

Regardless - hope we've helped you somewhat, and good luck if you do decide to buy it.

Lol no issues at all I do appreciate all the posts.

Anything you don't get just ask I'm sure I can help post it in a better way.

As far as buying it part of me wants it and then part of me sees what you are saying and that's a lot for a piece that's wrong.

As far as buying it part of me wants it and then part of me sees what you are saying and that's a lot for a piece that's wrong.

Considering that NECA got their pre-production piece right and sold their production piece for like $90. You're essentially paying an extra $1300 for superior production qualities but a poorer sculpt and character accuracy.

Considering that NECA got their pre-production piece right and sold their production piece for like $90. You're essentially paying an extra $1300 for superior production qualities but a poorer sculpt and character accuracy.

I hear that. I purchased the NECA Halo and was actually blown away at how good it really is. It looked nice then when I got it I was not dissatisfied. My NECA Needler and all my GOW pieces are very nice and damn accurately.

Are you new to Sideshow purchases?

Anyone expecting this to change in design from what we have seen so far is kidding themselves. The delivered item will be a step down in quality (QC / paint etc.) from the artists proofs shown.

Anyone willing to throw away a $125 cancellation NRD (which they will move only ONCE for each account) or lose $100-$250 shipping (total for both ways - varying depending on customer location) to cancel or return an item that they can already see the flaws in deserves to lose the money.

I think he means if the item comes out worse then what SSC is showing us now. true that if you don't like the pics now you should not order it and wait until in hand photos if you are on the fence at all.... Having said that... Losing 300.00 is better then losing 1300.00... But yeah.. If you don't like what you see now... I would not be gambling with a PO

Me... Well between NRD and reward points I would be losing almost 400.00 I hope this comes out like the pics and I don't even have to think about returning it.

I think he means if the item comes out worse then what SSC is showing us now. true that if you don't like the pics now you should not order it and wait until in hand photos if you are on the fence at all.... Having said that... Losing 300.00 is better then losing 1300.00... But yeah.. If you don't like what you see now... I would not be gambling with a PO

Me... Well between NRD and reward points I would be losing almost 400.00 I hope this comes out like the pics and I don't even have to think about returning it.

I will look for in hand pics. If it turns out better. Will order him, but unlikely though.

. . . Me... Well between NRD and reward points I would be losing almost 400.00 I hope this comes out like the pics and I don't even have to think about returning it.

Fingers crossed for you dude
thumb2.gif

Spike! I am really trying to like this piece. What Jaws said made me think for a split second juuuuussst maybe it will be ok. Then came back to earth when I read your comment lol :goodpost:

As bad as it is now, will be worse once production painters get ahold of it...

If you're worried about production, there is absolutely no reason to pre-order most of these items these days. The times of missing out on strictly limited items from SSC are gone. Even if the EX does sell out before the item actually ships, you can jump on the wait list and be almost certain to get one.

it was good, but significantly different from the prototype :p Your call of course, I mean totally no reason to wait SS has an amazing track record with preds amirite? :p

Yup. Still pains me how poor this effort is. I don't see Prime 1 touching the 80s licenses sadly, afterall, they abandoned Terminator

Yes that is what I was saying. They take stuff back and then get something else but if it's poor quality they should pay return shipping. One thing that almost any company does is send a return tag. The fact SS doesn't is one thing that regardless of good or poor work is a sad quality in a company.

Yes that is what I was saying. They take stuff back and then get something else but if it's poor quality they should pay return shipping. One thing that almost any company does is send a return tag. The fact SS doesn't is one thing that regardless of good or poor work is a sad quality in a company.

I thought they just get you to smash it. So they can send out a replacement. But I guess if there are other issues involved then your pretty much out of luck with SSC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they just get you to smash it. So they can send out a replacement. But I guess if there are other issues involved then your pretty much out of luck with SSC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for a return since they'd be taking it back.

I had my broken imperial droid legs replaced and did not have to smash them. Piston problem and not broken like unusable but likely not deemed worth squat.

If you're worried about production, there is absolutely no reason to pre-order most of these items these days. The times of missing out on strictly limited items from SSC are gone. Even if the EX does sell out before the item actually ships, you can jump on the wait list and be almost certain to get one.

The Ex on this piece is not something I need badly, so be quiet happy to pick up the regular. Love what I have seen of this piece so far, but I wont be ordering this until November or December time

The Ex on this piece is not something I need badly, so be quiet happy to pick up the regular. Love what I have seen of this piece so far, but I wont be ordering this until November or December time

Don't worry about the ex being sold out by then they probably won't even have the Es for the ex posted yet....

Back