NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They cancelled it their end and gave us all a small credit. I half expect the Wolf LSB to go the same way, I just can't see many people paying the asking price.

They cancelled it their end and gave us all a small credit. I half expect the Wolf LSB to go the same way, I just can't see many people paying the asking price.

The Elder was up for preorder Oct 23 2014, and was cancelled by them Dec 4th 2014 (6 weeks elapsed). The cancellation email said "due to unforeseen production difficulties" but we all suspected that it may have also been at least partly due to a low volume of preorders.

This Wolf LSB went up for preorder Aug 3 2015 - so I think we are probably past the (permanent) cancellation point now.

Man. I still have not gotten around to pre-ordering this guy. At this point, looks like I'm going to wait until it in hand before I jump. Hopefully by then Prime 1 is showing some previews of what they have in store.

Man. I still have not gotten around to pre-ordering this guy. At this point, looks like I'm going to wait until it in hand before I jump. Hopefully by then Prime 1 is showing some previews of what they have in store.
:goodpost:
I think we're all waiting to see if Prime 1 Studios makes a 1/3 Jungle Hunter Predator maquette....

The last Pred item I will ever get from SS will prolly be the Wolf LSB at some point now that I'm confident Prime will get the Pred license soon.

The last Pred item I will ever get from SS will prolly be the Wolf LSB at some point now that I'm confident Prime will get the Pred license soon.

Will they make anything though? They just keep announcing license pickups, yet all they crank out are Batman universe items. I like Batman too, but come on.

Exactly!
Too much of a gamble with Sideshow. You never know what kind of paint job you're going to end up with.

This :lecture . The really sad thing is that I actually like this Predator maquette (other than the shin guard), but am not ordering because I don't trust Sideshow's production paint applications.

Will they make anything though? They just keep announcing license pickups, yet all they crank out are Batman universe items. I like Batman too, but come on.

why do you say that? They've already shown at least 20 new pieces not batman related at their wondercon.

why do you say that? They've already shown at least 20 new pieces not batman related at their wondercon.

Yea, but they have at least that many licenses now so still a small fraction vs nearly as many new Batman pieces. They already bailed on Terminator, so who knows when if ever they will get to a Pred.

Viewing the statue as just a piece of art I think it looks fine.

Comparing it with the movie is where it is not perfect.

I decided I like it as it is and bought it. We all base our purchases off whatever we want and I like this as it is and not because it's 100% acccurate to the screen meaning I like it as it is without it being perfect. When a better one comes out I just buy it.

Viewing the statue as just a piece of art I think it looks fine.

Comparing it with the movie is where it is not perfect.

I decided I like it as it is and bought it. We all base our purchases off whatever we want and I like this as it is and not because it's 100% acccurate to the screen meaning I like it as it is without it being perfect. When a better one comes out I just buy it.
I wouldn't mind it not being 100% accurate, but at least it should look good. Misplaced armor, proportions, etc...wouldn't look good on any Pred.

I wouldn't mind it not being 100% accurate, but at least it should look good. Misplaced armor, proportions, etc...wouldn't look good on any Pred.

See but that's why I like it. I don't mind all that. I think it's still possible it won't be as bad in some areas that do deserve criticism but again I like it as it sits in general. Only the right hip armor is wrong whether accurate or not but I'm fine with that as much as I can be but for the rest I'm just happy with it.

When I look at it I think it looks fine and with a small base it's still huge and I guess I'm one of the rare people just happy as it sits. I wish others could be as happy with it as I am. Only the hip armor bothers me but screw it I bought it knowing about it and honestly can't wait to get it.

lol I'm going to see if anyone heatgyns it off and moves it. I wish I could request it come loose in the box the have MYC fabricate me in to fit the right spot and attach that one.

The whole reason it's there is silly. When I first saw it I thought hmm it's close and maybe they are saying it moves as his leg comes up if it's attached above the netting you know like a natural movement but it's I think attacked to the waist and would only flap up and down as observered in cosplay.

Either way I'm still going to request it come with no hip armor attached. Id crahp if the said ok. I'm ok as is but still I'd take it detached.

There's zero chance they will customise statues for you. And removing the piece of armour will not be as easy as heating it up as all of the various pieces have large pegs which are glued into cutouts in the main body, or leg in this case. You'll have to cut it off and re-sculpt the damage, plus replace the netting to make it fit.

If I suppress my natural rivet counting snobbyness regarding the Predator license, I think this looks quite nice actually. But I can't remove said snobbyness permanently (simply out of sheer love for the character) so this would bug me if I had one, and these things cost a fortune so the little things probably should be better. If this were cheaper, I'd buy it and be happy with it, that's the best summary I can offer. For now, I look forward to seeing what Coolprops and Prime 1 can do.

Back