NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if SS is pricing this as their new Legendary Scale Figure? /jk
On serious note, I think the price will be 20-30% more than P2. If it's more, then the only way they could got away is no EX IMO.

Remember when we all thought the P2 maquette would be around $6-700? Good times... Good times. People could barely stomach the $1200 of the P2, I can't see how this can be much more and still sell in significant numbers.

I figured since I've been low on all my guesses for Sideshow product prices lately I'd go high this time. :lol Hopefully it's nowhere near $1500. :pray:

I'll go on record as saying that I won't cross the 1K line, so that likely disqualifies me here. Went along with the Prime 1 Batman and the PCS Conan, both of which are 1/3, and paid like $1200 for the OG Green Hulk a few years back. But I have repairs to make on my house and other things I'd like to do. Can't be dropping $1200+ on a statue.

I don't collect Heroes but that prime 1 batman with the rifle has been tempting me

'Everyone' as in Predator collectors :wink1:

Yeah I knew what you meant. :lol It seems like all of us hc predator fans have all but put a knife in this one already, seeing how SS has yet again, made a another Predator with major flaws that are simply unforgivable at this point especially considering that they won't change anything and in our eyes flaws that we just refuse to live with or accept their subpar efforts. Not to mention flaws on a 1/4 scale maquette and the P1 to boot :slap; the most popular Predator. Not sure how or why SS keeps letting it happen. You'd think if they are going to do it they'd do it right this time.

But as I was saying before, I think despite everything I've said, I see a roller coaster coming that a lot of us are going to ride meaning at its reveal SDCC16 we were all in. Then the flaws were pointed out and the price was speculated and a lot of us were out. Once it goes up for pre-order and we get the full reveal with the price, all the beautiful enhanced pics, the exclusive accessory, the unmasked head we haven't seen attached or painted yet and the edition size a lot of us will be right back in! :lol Some will still be out. And if the edition size is too big and it's not selling as well as expected and SS offers it's secret 10% discount coupon ;), it could be well enough to persuade 'everyone' who was out to get back in. :rotfl

For the record, even though I've said I'm tired of SS and their Predators and I am (basically meaning how they keep fowling up otherwise good concepts) I'll still likely get this one too.

I'm willing to look past the thigh armor because it's an otherwise nice looking piece. And as far as the "bobble head" or out of proportion body it may look better in person as SS Alex has said and others also who have seen it in person.
For the Jungle Hunter...I haven't been given the final run down on the piece (in regards to dimensions) but having seen it in person many times now I personally didn't notice the head being overly large/too large for the body.
Plus it's been a long time coming since the first P1 maquette and who knows if or when they'll ever get around to doing another one. Could always send it back right away if not happy in hand or sell it later.

I'm willing to look past the thigh armor because it's an otherwise nice looking piece. And as far as the "bobble head" or out of proportion body it may look better in person as SS Alex has said and others also who have seen it in person.
Plus it's been a long time coming since the first P1 maquette and who knows if or when they'll ever get around to doing another one. Could always send it back right away if not happy in hand or sell it later.

:lecture Exactly.

A buddy of mine, who's a dealer and a collector and has a very keen eye for that kind of thing, saw it at SDCC and didn't mention it at all. Said he was very impressed with it and it would be a must have for me. And he knows how particular I am.

I won't go over $1500 for it but other than that, from what I've seen so far, I'm all in. This is a must have for Pred enthusiasts IMO at this point but we'll see how it all plays out. Worst case, it just goes back to SS.

I won't go over $1500 for it but other than that, from what I've seen so far, I'm all in. This is a must have for Pred enthusiasts IMO at this point but we'll see how it all plays out. Worst case, it just goes back to SS.

Hopefully it comes in under that then for your sake and everyone else interested. If not, may have wiggle some. Possibly use some SS RP or something.

Hopefully it comes in under that then for your sake and everyone else interested. If not, may have wiggle some. Possibly use some SS RP or something.

I'm really hoping it comes in around $1200 like the P2 was but I know better. It's more the principal than the money.

If this P1 will be the same height as the P2, I believe it would be a great companion piece for the Alien Big Chap maquette, as they would be around the same height?

Anyone know who is sculpting this P1, by any chance?

. . . Anyone know who is sculpting this P1, by any chance?

Alfred Paredes . . .

Alfred did not sculpt the entire thing - his comments when I approached him . . .

Alfred Paredes said:
. . . The Predator piece is going to be a real hit with collectors. I think it's simply stupendous. There's an amazing sense of weight and gravity in the piece, and I've had that criticism about other sculpts in the past (ie. figures that seem to be weightless on the base, with no compression of the feet). The details on this piece are so well done, I know that I am really looking forward to seeing what the production pieces look like when they're back from China. My part on this was small. I made some portrait tweaks to get it as close as we can to the original and make it look super cool . . .

Thanks Spike. Video made it look like he made the whole thing.

I like his confidence in the piece. $1,500+ may guarantee it's not that 'real hit' he's expecting or maybe he was actually talking about the price.

Back