NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for what it's worth (yeah - I know - "Desperation-R-Us"
318502920.jpg.gif
), I followed up on the same thread with the post below.

Hopefully Alex can PRESS them on this. I'll let you know if I get a reply from her.

Hi Alex

Sincere thanks for your answer . . . regarding the position of the right leg thigh armour on the upcoming Predator 1 1/4 maquette.

Please pass our concerns on to "the team in charge" AGAIN. ANYONE looking at this piece spots the error immediately. It stands out like a sore thumb.

If the Sideshow team read the comments on the maquette thread they will see how forum members feel about this mistake, which could be EASILY FIXED.

Please don't spoil this release like your team did on the Predator 2 maquette. Between this and the overlarge head (or skinny body), you will lose a LOT of potential customers.

The bobble head on this bothers me more than the thigh armour. It's like a 1/3 scaled head on a 1/4 body. They have a P1 Ex, how hard is it for them to use as a reference?

I'm in the complete opposite boat. If your going F up, don't F up on something so freaking obvious. I mean, the right thigh armor is clearly out of position, how does the sculptor not notice that!?

I'm in the complete opposite boat. If your going F up, don't F up on something so freaking obvious. I mean, the right thigh armor is clearly out of position, how does the sculptor not notice that!?
Also... how is Sideshow OK with this? Are they telling us that they're completely fine with releasing their products with blatant, quite obvious inaccuracies?
It's too bad the team that's responsible isn't really responsible enough. :gah:

They're not going to admit to their mistake or talk badly about their piece even if, in this case, it's quite obvious. They're going to stick with it and make people live with it. Not sure how easy or difficult it would be at this point to alter it but to say it was their intent to position the thigh armor there so it will look best and that nothing is going to change suggests to me they see no reason to spend any money at all to "fix it" when they know people are going to buy it anyway.

Last edited:
Dunno. They could have just said "it was misplaced during Comic Con / the proto was damaged / any other possible explanation" and just fix it. The Wolverine vs Hulk dio had the huge peg sticking out of Wolvie's knee, I'm pretty sure that it's not meant to be visible on production pieces... at this point seems more likely they really decided to place it there for whatever artistic reason they deem valid.

'People' will buy it but not everyone.

I think price will/may put more off.

There wouldn't be enough for "everyone" even if "everyone" wanted one. :lol

I agree price will put more people off rather than the misplaced thigh armor.

We haven't seen the full reveal yet though. Looking forward to seeing the unmasked head on and the ex accessory.

Last edited:
seeing the price craziness of Wolf, I won't even consider this at the price I think it will be after having the P2 maquette. It helps that I have the OG, but if the armor was fixed and it was the same price as the P2, I would have gotten this.

I guess it would be plausible that his right leg has shifted inside the net fabric resulting in a shift in the leg armor. It's not ideal but it's not totally inaccurate.

I guess it would be plausible that his right leg has shifted inside the net fabric resulting in a shift in the leg armor. It's not ideal but it's not totally inaccurate.

never happened in any movie though. I never imagined their armor as being able to shift in any direction.

I think so too. But I doubt the same amount of people will be ok with the price. It's going to be somewhat of a roller coaster. Then there's also the edition size.

never happened in any movie though. I never imagined their armor as being able to shift in any direction.

But it can't be in a constant fixed position unless it's drilled into his femur bone rendering it immovable. Either it's attached to the netting somehow or its attached to his belt - both would allow for shift in the armor relative to his thigh.

I think so too. But I doubt the same amount of people will be ok with the price. It's going to be somewhat of a roller coaster. Then there's also the edition size.

How much do you guys think this'll fetch for, dare I ask?

I don't really care to speculate on the price. Others here have ventured to guess though. All I can say agreeing with others is that the price will be high and likely more than the recent P2 maquette. Save your pennies everyone ...

Back