New Moon sequel to Twilight.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the first movie specifically the portrayal of Edward and the overall feel and look of the film. Looking forward to New Moon, still not going to read any of the books though. :lol

I don't have a problem with the werewolf. In the book they're just giant size wolves and it looks like they're going the cuddly route to appeal to the teen girls. Scary probably wouldn't have worked for this interpretation. I did like how they had him pop out of pants mid leap though.

From what my wife tells me, they are not Werewolves but shapeshifters who have chosen a large wolf form

Yeah, but you don't find that out until the end of the last book.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but traditionally a werewolf is just a man that turns into a wolf. Our mondern idea of a werewolf is more a take on the Wolfman, correct? The Wolfman didn't get turned into a werewolf by wolfsbane like Bella the Gypsy did, but got biten by the werewolf. So he was more of a hybrid than a true werewolf.

Or at least that is how I've always seen it.

I like how DinoLast nails a huge spoiler in here. :lol

BM you're right, a traditional Werewolf is someone who turns into a wolf....although I've seen a ton of mixing of the two ideas, traditional and Universal Studios style.

I like how DinoLast nails a huge spoiler in here. :lol

BM you're right, a traditional Werewolf is someone who turns into a wolf....although I've seen a ton of mixing of the two ideas, traditional and Universal Studios style.

Sorry I did not know it was a spoiler. My wife is the fan and she has read the books. I guess she told me that, because she knew I would not mind knowing what happens next

Not really a spoiler - we know there are werewolves in the movie - it's in the trailer. A standard werewolf is bitten by a werewolf and thus changes. The mechanics may be a bit different, but they're essentially werewolves.

I am looking forward to this also my wife got into the books pretty heavily and told me what was going on in all four of them so I'm in the loop with the whole series I guess.

The trailer to New Moon looks awesome but from what my wife explained to me it seemed to be the weakest book out of the series in my personal opinion but then again I didn't read them.

I am looking forward to this also my wife got into the books pretty heavily and told me what was going on in all four of them so I'm in the loop with the whole series I guess.

The trailer to New Moon looks awesome but from what my wife explained to me it seemed to be the weakest book out of the series in my personal opinion but then again I didn't read them.

It is. There is too much of Bella being depressed when Edward leaves. But the last part of the book is one of my favorite parts in the series. If you can just get through how much see misses Edward then the rest of the story is good. Hopefully they cut down on it in the film.

Not really a spoiler - we know there are werewolves in the movie - it's in the trailer. A standard werewolf is bitten by a werewolf and thus changes. The mechanics may be a bit different, but they're essentially werewolves.

You didn't read his post the whole way. He posted something revealed in the later books. Re-Read it.

This is why this film will make a billion dollars because this is the rule not the exception. Slightly NSFW Language

A Twilight super fangirl watches the trailer for the next installment in the tween vampire series, New Moon and tapes her reaction.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MLvNGZjMt8I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MLvNGZjMt8I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You didn't read his post the whole way. He posted something revealed in the later books. Re-Read it.

This is why this film will make a billion dollars because this is the rule not the exception. Slightly NSFW Language

A Twilight super fangirl watches the trailer for the next installment in the tween vampire series, New Moon and tapes her reaction.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MLvNGZjMt8I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MLvNGZjMt8I&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMG she had to be English :slap
I really feel sorry for the people who will be sitting near her in the movie theatre

You wanna know one of the funniest thing about this thread? I keep reading it and keep seeing people who hated th movie come to it! And yet, it's starting to be one of the most popular thread! So someting tells me many liked the movie much more than they care to admit!!! :D

It's not so much we liked it, but it's amazing how much of a phenomenon it has become.
I was not a fan of the first harry potter, I'm still not, but every movie after it has been a very enjoyable experience.
The same might happen with Twilight, because the producers seem to care about it's fanbase.

It's not so much we liked it, but it's amazing how much of a phenomenon it has become.
I was not a fan of the first harry potter, I'm still not, but every movie after it has been a very enjoyable experience.
The same might happen with Twilight, because the producers seem to care about it's fanbase.

Every film should if they want to succeed. There is a reason the books/whatever the film is based on did well in the first place. If you stick to the material, chances are you'll please the fans of the book/whatever the film is based on. When you don't, you end up with something like GI Joe. The fanbase is not pleased. Sure the gen pop might not care, but the fans will and fans have a lot more power than people think they do.

the pack runs around half naked b/c their body temps are super high

Not true. Its because they keep tearing their clothes to shreds when they shift. If they are only wearing shorts they don't ruin as much, or it is easy to just take off your pants before shifting than being fully clothed.

Not true. Its because they keep tearing their clothes to shreds when they shift. If they are only wearing shorts they don't ruin as much, or it is easy to just take off your pants before shifting than being fully clothed.

I though jake told bella that his body temp was the reason they all wore no clothes :confused:

Sure the gen pop might not care, but the fans will and fans have a lot more power than people think they do.

Exactly. The Gen Pop is fickle and on to the next big thing soon while the diehard fans are the ones with repeat viewings.

I have just found out that Eclipse the third film in the saga will be out in less than a year. The Date set at the moment is June 30th 2010. I guess Twilight fans don't have the patients of us poor Hobbit fans.

Back