New Moon sequel to Twilight.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG how old am I? :lol its a series of very cheesy but very good vamp movies focusing on this very evil vamp Radu. (can cheesy and good go together? :lol ) the movies are:

subspecies,bloodstone,bloodlust,bloodstorm. filmed between 1991-98 so really it wasnt THAT long ago

I cant be the only one who know about these. :huh

I heard of subspecies I just didn't know what it was :lol And I didn't know it was a series of movies. I guess I gotta check these out now :lol I'm going broke checking out all these damn movies :lol

You're not alone, Saya, I love Anders Hove as Radu! :D
Those movies slipped under most peoples radar's
unless they were either Vampire fans, Full Moon
fans or horror movie fans in general. Most Cullen
fans wouldn't see Radu in quite the same light. ;)

Im a woman and thought twilight was lame. I tend to like my vampire movies to be scary and horrific. I dont think they should be glorified soaps. Glad to see there are some other subspecies fans on here :rock

I loved Lestat and Queen of the Damned myself, but as she started catering to the gay crowd I lost interest. I'm by no means a homophobe, but it's just not for me. Couldn't get through Armand for that reason and didn't really enjoy Body Thief. Memnoch was on another level - I hate it when my favorite authors/artists go looney tunes. It was sad with Dave Sim on Cerebus and it's sad with Rice, IMO.

Yeah, I know what you mean... Armand was FULL of that stuff, really was a tad uncomfortable. I hated the Body Thief at first, but grew to love it. Memnoch was very interesting to me, if not completely crazy. :lol

But everything since that point, I haven't liked at all. With the exception of Blood and Gold, I really loved the story of Marius.

As for The Queen of the Damned movie, good lord did that one piss me off. I guess I will harbor anger at the Twilight series and Harry Potter to a lesser degree for being made into a string of films done by directors and writers who actually pay attention to the books they are adapting. It's just not fair that the vampire chronicles has been left out to dry.

I think making The Vampire Lestat would be perfect right now, especially with the Twilight hooplah. :lol

And Saya, I am there with you on Subspecies... I loved that series of films, Radu rocks. :rock

One Vampire movie I am looking forward to is Blood the last Vampire
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fk2L8Mgxd5Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fk2L8Mgxd5Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
There has been some good word of mouth so far

Looks interesting - a Chinese Buffy.

NO- its Really different. you have to watch the anime to appreciate this adaption. it started as an anime movie and turned into an anime series. called Bloodplus. its Great! Just hope the Movie does it justice.

NO- its Really different. you have to watch the anime to appreciate this adaption. it started as an anime movie and turned into an anime series. called Bloodplus. its Great! Just hope the Movie does it justice.

listen to her,shes a freak of this ;)

For any that care, there is supposed to be a clip of this tonight on the MTV movie awards. I'm sure it will be on youtube within a minute of it being shown though.

Should the title of this thread just be changed to "Vampire Movies"?

here the Trailer to New Moon....
<a href="https://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58186608">THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON trailer</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="https://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=58186608,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="https://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=58186608,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

I didn't think they were that bad, but of course they didn't have a CGI character(s) in it. The wolves are too important to the story to have them looking to cartoony. Maybe its the usual coloring that is making it look cartoony to me, but cartoony is the best word to describe it.

I liked everything else about the trailer though.

Its a funny concept to begin with though. And to be far, sparkling like diamond and being smooth at the same time isn't exactly an easy thing to replicate. I thought they did a good job with it all thing considered. Certainly could have looked worse, though I'm not sure it could have looked any better.

And I was surprised. I was wondering (when listening to the book) how they would make an "exciting" trailer out of this film. And they somehow did! The majority of the trailer is only the first few chapters of the book, but it really sets up the story well I think. Its a great teaser (not to mention they are about to finish shooting or just did and already have a trailer ready!) Just enough to get you interested, but if you haven't read the books (or at least heard anything about them) I could see Jacob turning to a wolf being a bit confusing.

Actually the first one pretty much set up some type of wolf connection if you listen to Jacob's explanation of who the Cullens are. Not to mention there are very few in the target audience who don't already know the full story. I liked the angle of the Wolf and the tattoos created for them are pretty neat looking.

Hate to say it, but I liked the first one for what it was....second looks decent - and I thought the CGI wolf was pretty good. of course, I am used to Supernatural's 'werewolves' at this point, so yes, that wolf was fantastic in comparison!

Back