New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Medicom Boba last night. I'm really happy with him. Had I gotten this one first I would have never bothered with the SSC one. I don't mind having both, but if I could only have one the Medicom version is the way to go- out of the box.

Got the Medicom Boba last night. I'm really happy with him. Had I gotten this one first I would have never bothered with the SSC one. I don't mind having both, but if I could only have one the Medicom version is the way to go- out of the box.

Medi ROTJ Fett is the best SW 1/6 figure IMHO. :lecture

Well after a bit of work, my jango is back together if a little worse for wear..... Any body got a spare ssc boba helm I can touch up to jango, I like my figs helmeted :?

Well after a bit of work, my jango is back together if a little worse for wear..... Any body got a spare ssc boba helm I can touch up to jango, I like my figs helmeted :?

Get yourself the Tomy Jango helm. Fits like a glove.

Thanks mate, just tested my ssc fett helm on it and I like proportions on the new body it compatible with ssc boba
Will order from TA and repaint.

Alright, Magnus. Since there still seems to be some interest in how I put my kitbashed Fett together, I'll have to shoot some new photos of it and breakdown all the different parts. Give me a day or two since I've got a lot of stuff going on. :wink1:

Could someone possibly post a guide on how to port Fett to a TTM Slim body? Would really help me out. :)

Problem area are the wrist of course, and finding a body 'slim' enough to fit his belt.

I used a Hot Toys slim TT from a Captain America Red Skull figure to replace the crumbling body on my old Medicom ESB figure and it worked out just fine. Since I didn't want to bust out any power tools to get the Medicom hands to fit, I just chose to replace them with the Sideshow ones and trim the extra ends from the pegs, making them fit like a charm, like so:

I also solved the incompatible neck joints by using a bbi G3 neck, which has a pointy peg that fits nicely into the Medicom head. It ends up looking like so before attaching it into the body:

Getting the rest of the Medicom parts on ends up being pretty easy to do. It helps warming up the boots in some hot water to get the Hot Toys feet to fit into them, as well as the codpiece over the TT's hips (just pull the jumpsuit and codpiece up at the same time). The vest, gauntlets, and knee pads fit surprisingly well on the slim TT. However, I ended up using several more pieces from the Sideshow Fett, which resulted in a hybrid kitbash that I'm pretty pleased with:

And, yes, I'm still planning on doing a soup-to-nuts photo tutorial breaking the whole thing down for those who are interested in doing something similar. So, Fett-fans, stay tuned! :wink1:

Could someone possibly post a guide on how to port Fett to a TTM Slim body? Would really help me out. :)

Problem area are the wrist of course, and finding a body 'slim' enough to fit his belt.

image_zpsa8159ff1.jpg

For sale: 30$ + shipping.

Back